• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Too early dude, just got back from walking the pooch.

Its only 10am here.

But in a couple of hours, well.................

Hey, it is always 5 o'clock somewhere.

• Like 3

I worked at govt facility and they had this grand idea of having their vending machine sell healthy foods and diet sodas. Sounds great right...several lunch trucks will drive by and park and you see people, both staff, and clients buying junk food, including sodas during their breaks and lunch breaks. Also posters adorn the cafeteria about eating healthy and amount of sugar that's in sodas and juices. No one pays reads this. Also if u remember the big debate about labeling food items with calorie count....people will buy cheap and junk food, no matter what.

• Like 4

Ford offered an optional seat belt in 1955. Lack of interest by the public cancelled it. Safety simply didn't sell cars. It wasn't till '70 that they were mandatory on all new cars. The public is a stupid animal.

• Like 4

Can I unsee this please.

Pencils, thrust deeply into the eyes, repeatedly.

And for the part etched in the grey matter, a lobotomy should do the trick.

• Like 1

Ford offered an optional seat belt in 1955. Lack of interest by the public cancelled it. Safety simply didn't sell cars. It wasn't till '70 that they were mandatory on all new cars. The public is a stupid animal.C

The military led the way!  By 1958, if you wanted to register a car on a military base you had to install lap belts.

• Like 3

Ford offered an optional seat belt in 1955. Lack of interest by the public cancelled it. Safety simply didn't sell cars. It wasn't till '70 that they were mandatory on all new cars. The public is a stupid animal.

yup. Lee Iaocca had egg on his face for that fiasco. he redeemed himself later with FoMoCo though.

v2-140419966maxw622cci_ts20140430170204.

now, this asshole on the right is a different matter. he gave us the Edsel and Vietnam.

hqdefault.jpg

The military led the way! By 1958, if you wanted to register a car on a military base you had to install lap belts.

by '89 the army had stopped caring I guess. I had lots of pre-68 stuff without any seatbelts.

I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

you ain't slick. I listened to Dr. Demento too.

• Like 2

Pencils, thrust deeply into the eyes, repeatedly.

And for the part etched in the grey matter, a lobotomy should do the trick.

Pretty sure ive had one of those previously and it didnt work.

Off to find a plan b.

• Like 3

DAM: "You got a mighty funny accent there boy, where you from"?

RW: (in his best Aussie accent) "Straylia mate".  At this stage DAM got this confused look on his face and I thought to myself, fuck me, he hasnt got a clue where it is!

RW: "Have you heard of it mate?".  In the meantime DAM is still standing there trying to compute all of this.  I was sure he was about to ask me why I wasnt wearing lederhosen like any good Austrian would when he said:

DAM: "Well, i, you know like, um.......".  I wanted to put him out of his misery so I said.

RW:  "It's all good mate, up till two weeks ago I'd never heard of the United States of America".

The guys id been drinking with nearly pissed themselves laughing, and poor old DAM, well lets just say this was the closest RW probably came to getting shot whislt he was stateside.  DAM stood there for about 10 seconds and then walked off mumbling what smartarses foreigners were.

It was much funnier in real life.

Oh no... that was OUR WHOLE DAMN DAY... yesterday. He "came out of the bush" to them about coming from a British penal colony. It was some of the funniest, fucked up, shit I've ever experienced in a Ju-Jitsu school. I was laughing hard enough I figured I'd need to book a room at hospital today. I have a couple ribs I broke fighting years ago that popped outta place because of his firehose of bullshit.

Especially since their counter point is that "we've never been a penal colony".... seriously? The Brits never sent convicts to 'Merica? Sorry little bastards got that line handed to them. But the "thank God 'Straylia wasn't settled by the fucking Puritans" line about put me into apoplexy.

The problem I had with it was that these 5 idiots just kept parroting back shit that was totally wrong. A foreign Army member knows more about the US THAN FIVE FUCKS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT OF ITS BOARDERS. The other part that I couldn't stop laughing was that he called some Sheila he knows and woke her up and she, although very annoyed, knew more about world history than these 5 twats combined. They should be glad random Sheila wasn't in the school because I'm pretty sure she'd have fed them their gi's...

Also... when a white belt chokes out a brown belt consistently... you're not a real brown belt. But whatever. It was a fucking blast. I couldn't possibly keep up with this dude though, I'm feeling my age and injuries. But hilarious times. Learned a lot, trolled a shitload of people in person with my newly minted white belt and taught some BASIC fucking geography. Seriously... there's only 7 fucking continents.... it's not THAT much to remember.

He explained the gun laws a bit and they're just fucking crazy. I couldn't live in Australia because of them. Mostly because I'd want an M79 to deal with the "friendly" local arachnids in northern Australia.

• Like 2

If you were promoting personal responsibility then all the pages of talking about taxing would not have happened,........

You're still not following.

Income tax = riding a stationary bike.

Taxed discressionary goods = riding your bike to work.

Both provide excercise, one also gets you to your destination.

I'd love to pay less tax. Specifically income tax. And I'd be happy to achieve this with a variety of "soda" taxes. Because why should I pay taxes for working and contributing to society?

• Like 1

Hope your wife doesn't see your browser history.

Good god no!

RW is an expert in all things Security (including IT stuff).

For the juicy stuff I use an anonymizer and I always delete my browser history, inluding any cached stuff, cookies etc.

/clever RW.

• Like 6

Oh no... that was OUR WHOLE DAMN DAY... yesterday. He "came out of the bush" to them about coming from a British penal colony. It was some of the funniest, fucked up, shit I've ever experienced in a Ju-Jitsu school. I was laughing hard enough I figured I'd need to book a room at hospital today. I have a couple ribs I broke fighting years ago that popped outta place because of his firehose of bullshit.

Especially since their counter point is that "we've never been a penal colony".... seriously? The Brits never sent convicts to 'Merica? Sorry little bastards got that line handed to them. But the "thank God 'Straylia wasn't settled by the fucking Puritans" line about put me into apoplexy.

The problem I had with it was that these 5 idiots just kept parroting back shit that was totally wrong. A foreign Army member knows more about the US THAN FIVE FUCKS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN OUT OF ITS BOARDERS. The other part that I couldn't stop laughing was that he called some Sheila he knows and woke her up and she, although very annoyed, knew more about world history than these 5 twats combined. They should be glad random Sheila wasn't in the school because I'm pretty sure she'd have fed them their gi's...

Also... when a white belt chokes out a brown belt consistently... you're not a real brown belt. But whatever. It was a fucking blast. I couldn't possibly keep up with this dude though, I'm feeling my age and injuries. But hilarious times. Learned a lot, trolled a shitload of people in person with my newly minted white belt and taught some BASIC fucking geography. Seriously... there's only 7 fucking continents.... it's not THAT much to remember.

He explained the gun laws a bit and they're just fucking crazy. I couldn't live in Australia because of them. Mostly because I'd want an M79 to deal with the "friendly" local arachnids in northern Australia.

This kinda mirrors my opinion of a lot of muricans I met on my trip.

It just struck me as so bizzare how many knew little to nothing about the world outside of their borders.

Another conversation I had with a guy at burger king below. Ill call him Naive Underage Teenage Server (NUTS).

RW: " hi mate, id like two pieces of cheescake thanks"

NUTS: "scuse me?"

RW: "id like two pieces of cheescake please "

NUTS: "scuse me?"

RW: "sorry mate, ill speak a bit slower, we speak pretty quickly where I am from". /sarcasm

NUTS: "where are you from"

RW: "Australia"

NUTS: "oh wow, so you are an osssy?" (say osssy it like ive spelt it).

RW: "close enough mate" /sarcasm

NUTS: " wow, ive always wondered what language you guys speak there". At this stage im wondering if this guy is playing me or if he really is that naive, anyway, soldiering on.

RW: "well actually mate, the same people that invaded and some might say founded your country a couple of hundred years, also did the same with Australia. They were called the British and we actually speak the same language; its called English"

NUTS: "oh wow, thats really cool. Do you want chocolate or strawberry?"

Now before I go any further, im not bashing Murica, just recounting two (of many) crazy little anecdotes from my trip state side.

Mind you, if I had a dollar for every female Murican who said "I love your accent" I would have made a tidy sum whilst I was there.

• Like 3

This kinda mirrors my opinion of a lot of muricans I met on my trip.

It just struck me as so bizzare how many knew little to nothing about the world outside of their borders

Now before I go any further, im not bashing Murica, just recounting two (of many) crazy little anecdotes from my trip state side.

Mind you, if I had a dollar for every female Murican who said "I love your accent" I would have made a tidy sum whilst I was there.

Seriously.. four days I have 100 of these stories. When I was abroad ten years ago it didn't seem like I ran into a lot of totally clueless people. I would find some third world, the slaves the Qataris use to build US military bases for instance, a lot of them couldn't read or write English or Arabic. But they still could do something.... like survive. These kids are completely clueless.....

I'm sure I could find some half wits in Australia though.... you gotta have a similar percentage of NEETS in your country.

Although it just seems like more Australian kids I run into (anyone under 25 is a 'kid' to me) have at least been in a proper fist fight.

To even out the odds, I'd like to personally mail you a few million SJWs. I'll tell them it's "reparations" for the meat they consumed before they went vegan. Put them on a cattle ship, and let them row from San Francisco to Perth and then have them hike to Alice Springs.

That should sufficiently thin the herd.

• Like 1

I'm sure I could find some half wits in Australia though.... you gotta have a similar percentage of NEETS in your country.

Although it just seems like more Australian kids I run into (anyone under 25 is a 'kid' to me) have at least been in a proper fist fight.

Oh god, absolutely mate!

We have a massive amount of snowflakes down here!

And yeh, people of my vintage grew up settling (or starting) things with our fists.

• Like 2