• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

yup. Lee Iaocca had egg on his face for that fiasco. he redeemed himself later with FoMoCo though.

v2-140419966maxw622cci_ts20140430170204.

now, this asshole on the right is a different matter. he gave us the Edsel and Vietnam.

hqdefault.jpg

by '89 the army had stopped caring I guess. I had lots of pre-68 stuff without any seatbelts.

you ain't slick. I listened to Dr. Demento too.

I think it was Bob McNamara who was president of Ford that introduced the seat belt not Lee Iaccoca. Lee wasn't president until '70. If anyone was an  asshole it was Lee and his Pinto. Mechanically and performance wise the Edsel was very good, just wrong for a car during the late '50s on two accounts. It was expensive to buy and operate (gas in a recession) and the grill looked like a vagina!!!!!

Vietnam would have happened no matter who was defense secretary and was at war since the early 50s. Truman and Eisenhower had already committed the US to fight communism there. McNamara was doing his job and to his credit saw how poorly it was run and under Johnson? resigned.

• Like 1

Tr8er, have u done ur math? Do you really think a soda tax will be enough to compensate for the amount needed to fund the govt. U Juana do away with income tax but a soda tax is a drop in the bucket. Look it up and see how much revenue the feds get from income tax.

• Like 2

You're still not following.

Income tax = riding a stationary bike.

Taxed discressionary goods = riding your bike to work.

Both provide excercise, one also gets you to your destination.

I'd love to pay less tax. Specifically income tax. And I'd be happy to achieve this with a variety of "soda" taxes. Because why should I pay taxes for working and contributing to society?

YEA!! more government oversight into our lives! Now why would I think that is a bad idea?

• Like 1

Do you really think a soda tax will be enough to compensate for the amount needed to fund the govt.

It will as long as the morbidly obese sacks of flesh continue to pour that swill down their throats.

Of course when they all die prematurely from complications of obesity the revenue stream will dry up. At least until more lazy fat fucks come along to do the same.

13108329134_191e1e388a_b.jpgPoJamma People by Racer, on Flickr

• Like 1

I think it was Bob McNamara who was president of Ford that introduced the seat belt not Lee Iaccoca. Lee wasn't president until '70. If anyone was an  asshole it was Lee and his Pinto. Mechanically and performance wise the Edsel was very good, just wrong for a car during the late '50s on two accounts. It was expensive to buy and operate (gas in a recession) and the grill looked like a vagina!!!!!

Vietnam would have happened no matter who was defense secretary and was at war since the early 50s. Truman and Eisenhower had already committed the US to fight communism there. McNamara was doing his job and to his credit saw how poorly it was run and under Johnson? resigned.

I think you're right re: McNamara at Ford but he pushed hard for escalation of the Vietnam war most notably via the highly dubious Tonkin Gulf incident.

I'll give you the Gulf of Tonkin incident but still say it was inevitable. You don't win a war by showing restraint. He was a businessman and organizer and ran the waR PROPERLY BUT FOUND THAT POLITICS WAS HOLDING HIM BACK. there SIMpLY WAS NO REAL PLAN TO WIN.

• Like 1

Besides the politics of the Vietnam war, it was a losing battle from the beginning. The Vietcong and their regular armies had tunnels reaching Saigon and we did not know about it till later. We had the technological edge but they were fighting in their home turf...very similar to how we beat the british. At that time the lobster back was the most trained military in the world and our militia was poorly trained, poorly equipped and poorly led. The advantage we had was we knew the terrain and of course later on got the French on our side.

• Like 1

What a pile. Like the US hasn't promoted itself word wide? Messed with other countries and their politics. It's all good. I expect the same is happening everywhere. FFS the US is in Afghanistan and Iraq WTF do you call that? Hanging around NK now.

• Like 1

Watch one of em.., guess it's more than snowflakes and jihadists.

Interviewees are legit.

I don't buy this, if you pay attention, it doesn't add up, why would the antiglobalism group from Russia be funding George Soros groups?????, This isn't legit, makes 0 sense, Putin is the world's biggest enemy of the globalists......and he's funding the world's biggest supporter of globalism??? See what I'm saying here? This "documentary" is an epic troll.

• Like 5

I don't buy this, if you pay attention, it doesn't add up, why would the antiglobalism group from Russia be funding George Soros groups?????, This isn't legit, makes 0 sense, Putin is the world's biggest enemy of the globalists......and he's funding the world's biggest supporter of globalism??? See what I'm saying here? This "documentary" is an epic troll.

I'm buying Datsun , nothing else makes sense

• Like 4

I'll give you the Gulf of Tonkin incident but still say it was inevitable. You don't win a war by showing restraint. He was a businessman and organizer and ran the waR PROPERLY BUT FOUND THAT POLITICS WAS HOLDING HIM BACK. there SIMpLY WAS NO REAL PLAN TO WIN.

We should never have been there and wouldn't have been but for the damned domino theory of hawks like McNamara and Lemay. Hell, Nixon said JFK (who is one of my favorite presidents) told him with a laugh that he'd ordered South Vietnamese president Diem assassinated because he wasn't enough of an American puppet. That move demoralized the Vietnamese who loved the dude.

• Like 2