• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KoHeartsGPA

• datzenmike

• Draker

• a.d._510_n_ok

Top Posters In This Topic

Still doesn't connect anything to the original point of my quote about "all men being created equal" and the subsequent lack of actually doing so by the USA.

Just took a couple hundred years. Can't blame them for not writing in women , slaves , Indians... Needed time for things to stabilise , not everybody could be on board from the start.

• Like 1

Would've been more believable if they'd have held that standard up for native americans and the african slaves.

Guess the prevailing view at the time of those words being written that it was more of a figurative thing than a totally literal thing.

Well back then, all men, would have meant all white men of European decedent. Mostly English speaking. The Bible and popular opinion at the time was on their side to 'go forth and subdue the earth and everything on it'. 

• Like 2

Do any of you really want to analyze the folks that founded this country and the ones before them that sailed the seas, as if you really want to shed light on something that would be best left in the dark, these people were animals with no respect for life other than there own.

If you look at what they did to people other than themselves they would be called terrorists today, they killed to take what wasn't theirs, and that was the purpose of the voyages in the first place, they found a new world to plunder and to top 1 percent wanted it all, sound familiar?

• Like 2

Come on, he meant well and was a product of his age. Look at how Cuba was being run after independence... military coups, corruption, ties to organized crime from the States, economic dominance by US companies, unemployment..... revolution was ripe. In many ways the US was the cause. Cuba was won by the Spanish American War and could have become a protectorate or a State but it didn't because the differences were to vast. It 'allowed' independence, but with control over it's affairs. They fucked up, lost political control by backing Batista (or apathy) and Castro walked in. Coulda, shoulda but didn't.

Well end of an era I guess. Castro was one thing... he was inflexible in his hatred for imperialist America to the detriment of his people. The last communist holdout. Cuba will now go on and do better for itself.

Yeh but his brother is in charge, right? Similar to n. Korea, stays in the family.

Raul is 85 and not long for this world. He isn't his brother. Allowing US recognition and reopening the embassy surly hastened Fidel's departure.

Hear the whirring sound????? There it is again!!! That's Fidel spinning like a lathe in his coffin

• Like 1

Come on, he meant well and was a product of his age. Look at how Cuba was being run after independence... military coups, corruption, ties to organized crime from the States, economic dominance by US companies, unemployment..... revolution was ripe. In many ways the US was the cause. Cuba was won by the Spanish American War and could have become a protectorate or a State but it didn't because the differences were to vast. It 'allowed' independence, but with control over it's affairs. They fucked up, lost political control by backing Batista (or apathy) and Castro walked in. Coulda, shoulda but didn't.

Well end of an era I guess. Castro was one thing... he was inflexible in his hatred for imperialist America to the detriment of his people. The last communist holdout. Cuba will now go on and do better for itself.

Raul is 85 and not long for this world. He isn't his brother. Allowing US recognition and reopening the embassy surly hastened Fidel's departure.

Hear the whirring sound????? There it is again!!! That's Fidel spinning like a lathe in his coffin

So if raul is not fidels brother, who is he?

Ha ha I meant he isn't like his brother Fidel..

On no the hatred runs deep for America but Raul is wise enough to see he isn't going to be around forever, the world has changed around him and probably lastly, he's doing this for his country.

Well back then, all men, would have meant all white men of European decedent. Mostly English speaking. The Bible and popular opinion at the time was on their side to 'go forth and subdue the earth and everything on it'. 

True,they had that whole Hebrew Scriptures perspective to work with. . . . 

I warned of this two days ago.

but here is some follow up information regarding this process. Michigan is a state that does all paper ballot voting. Easier to recount, but harder to 'hack' as claimed by Stein/Clinton. Margin of victory is ~10k votes. It would be all too convenient if some of those votes went missing on the recount.

Pennsylvania the margin was ~68k votes. AKA, not even close. They use 80% electronic voting machine with no paper trail. Not sure how to recount that.. its digital.

Trump won Wisconsin by ~22k votes and have voter ID laws..

Meanwhile... Clinton won New Hampshire by 2,732 votes. How come Jill Stein didn't request a recount there?

Funds were raised within 24 hours. One person reports it was growing at almost a constant rate of 160,000 an hour. Even through the late night hours. Almost exactly 160k an hour.

Beware of jill steins recount. Targeting only swing states. They didn't rig it enough the first go around.. now they paid to take another shot at it.

Watch this one closely folks.

• Like 3

The libtards need to realize what would happen if republicans had a bitchfit if this fraudulent "recount"coup attempt is successful. It wouldn't be hipsters with not my president signs...

I completely agree.  I'm pretty darn left wing (not a fan of Trump), and I can't stand these protests and recounts.  Its not doing any good for the dem party or the country as a whole.  We (Dems) need to get over it and run a better campaign with a better candidate in 2020.  In the meantime, support the president and the country and get on with it.

• Like 7

Best example NB I have for the recount stuff: the Washington gubernatorial race from 2008 the dem incumbent lost the the Republican challenger. Much whining and complaining, they recount. Dem loses again, again more complaining and another recount. Dem losses AGAIN and then ANOTHER recount somehow dem wins. Republican doesn't bother because every time there was a recount they some how got more votes for the dem from nowhere. It's a trait of the party to bitch and complain.

• Like 3

The libtards need to realize what would happen if republicans had a bitchfit if this fraudulent "recount"coup attempt is successful. It wouldn't be hipsters with not my president signs...

There'll be signs they'll just be in 5.56 and 7.62.
  • Like 2

Best example NB I have for the recount stuff: the Washington gubernatorial race from 2008 the dem incumbent lost the the Republican challenger. Much whining and complaining, they recount. Dem loses again, again more complaining and another recount. Dem losses AGAIN and then ANOTHER recount somehow dem wins. Republican doesn't bother because every time there was a recount they some how got more votes for the dem from nowhere. It's a trait of the party to bitch and complain.

LBJ was elected to his first post by 13 votes.  An examination of the election records showed that "The last 16 voters voted at the close of the polls."  And they "just happened to vote in alphabetical order!"  LBJ was sarcasticallaly called "Landslide Johnson" from then on in Texas.

• Like 2