little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking extendable you got there! Truck still looks sweet. Xmission is even easier when you get under there. That oil is going to sweet, real good. It doesn't wash off so well either, so wear glove to keep the sweet off your hands!!

• Like 1

halfway down page but new pictures on this post....

so, talking to my girl when i got home and told her i was thinking about poking around with one of my cars with the afternoon. her reply was "go play with your car and enjoy the sun." so out i go to remove a seat 

20160421_165616.jpg

floor pan looked pretty decent aft of the seat mount bar things..... don't know what those are actually called, someone help me please? there was some rust on the drivers side by the hole behind the hole in the floor on noted seat mount bar thingy but still pretty structurally sound. i'll try to remember to snap some pictures of it tomorrow. 

this is the hole, has been there since before little miss and i met

IMAG0159.jpg

seat was looking a little rough

20160421_164632.jpg

decided to try out the z car (260 or 280, can't remember which they were removed from) buckets that i purchased for this exact reason

20160421_163924.jpg

20160421_163956.jpg

but that had to come out because my knees were way too bent for me to be able to drive comfortably for an extended period of time (really should've taken a picture, it was quite comical where my knees were). i also wouldn't be able to operate my clutch without turning off my headlights in the morning.

well lets see how this seat looks under the mexican blanket and foam pad that the po had put on

20160421_165624.jpg

ummmmmmmm.......................... yeah................ that's not gonna cut it and that would explain my ass getting pinched. tore down the seat bottom

20160421_172911.jpg

found out the lower "lumbar" support bar that holds the latches for the seat back is broken

20160421_170043.jpg

and got some new foam cut somewhat to fit to the lower half of the seat. no oic of in process sorry, just wanted to get it done. ran out of time to do the upper half and well, the foam is a little thick for the seat back and i was just aiming for a temporary fix that looked better than what was in there and i'm pretty sure i achieved that

20160421_185333.jpg

reused the bottom half of the mexican blanket seat cover and snatched up a jolly roger that i've had floating around since my daughters first christmas (present from ex wife) to cover the top half. it's not perfect (will revisit this seat later, possible winter project as welding is required to fix the back parts frame) but it will do for now.

20160421_191854.jpg

got it installed, checked oil level (low as fuck) added oil, and came in to go to bed after telling the story of my afternoon.

gotta say, i enjoy having a girl that actually encourages me to enjoy my hobby. i even told her at the beginning that i would spend more money on my cars than i do on her and she said that that was perfectly fine.

• Like 7

the foam i used to replace the original matting on the bottom was bought at a mattress store as "cut to fit bedding" that mom bought for camping but she doesn't like it enough to use it. said it's harder in spots. but it was the perfect price for me, which is free

• Like 5

i'm hoping to eventually (if i keep the bench which i probably will) have a permanent jolly roger on the back of the seat and a black base. if i cover it myself that is. just gotta get the proper supplies for it (hog rings and hog ring pliers)

• Like 3

I think there are at least 3 of us wondering what to call the seat mount thingy.

I'm going with "seat mount crossmember" myself. It sounds all fancy and smart like, thus fooling those around me in to thinking I know what I'm talking about.

Sweet seat cover!

• Like 4

Whoever reupholstered my seat put some thin carpet between the springs and padding. It seems kind of hokey, but it works pretty well.

when I get it done right I'll put something in between there so the springs don't eat the pad. Thin carpet seems like a good idea
  • Like 1

I always thought you took your seat out to drive . . Lol . I have a hard time riding in a standard cab. .

And FYI , I have been asked if you are double jointed or something . Lol

You should be able to find some kind of thin / comfortable seat to work , or make one .

• Like 4

Nice work. I had the same thing happen on my seat, so it got welded back together and works great! Seat front mount cross member. Sounds appropriate?!

• Like 2

I always thought you took your seat out to drive . . Lol . I have a hard time riding in a standard cab. .

You should be able to find some kind of thin / comfortable seat to work , or make one .

You see jrock get in and out of his 521? It's like fucking origami getting in there.
  • Like 3

it'll get figured out later. Who's asking if I'm double jointed?