little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could imagine how that can happen. Sometimes when you need parts, it's easier and cheaper to buy another complete vehicle. At least up in your area. Down here, it's hard to find parts, let alone reasonably priced trucks.

the strange thing, I can't bring myself to use parts off of the other two, just drive this one. I need to get one of the others running too.
  • Like 3

i'll be stealing retaining rings and screws off of one of the other two trucks in the coming weeks if not the entire headlight bucket depending on little miss. headlights finally came in from dapper lighting and in my haste to see how she looks with them busted one of the retaining rings getting the new light in, stripped out two of the screw heads trying to get the high beam off but here's a preview. also, gonna have to do something about the horn that is currently not working but seems like it might be in the way.

20160504_193450.jpg

20160504_193607.jpg

20160504_193658.jpg

20160504_193817.jpg

size comparison

20160504_193941.jpg

one in..... kinda

20160504_194311.jpg

back side

20160504_194644.jpg

20160504_194655.jpg

so if you have a 620 with horns, somethings gonna have to give.

better pictures when all installed and wired up. really don't want to steal parts but really can't afford to buy new, so stealing them is the way to go right now 

• Like 4

What qtip said, I got the halogen option, no halo. If you go into general discussion there's a thread titled "finally back" something something dapper lighting. They look absolutely gorgeous and don't have to modify the truck at all save maybe the horn since they go in where your bulbs sit. Not 629 specific, they're just the size (5.75) for the 620's. And dimes, 521s, pretty much all the round bulb ed datsuns I think....

• Like 2

i'll be stealing retaining rings and screws off of one of the other two trucks in the coming weeks if not the entire headlight bucket depending on little miss. headlights finally came in from dapper lighting and in my haste to see how she looks with them busted one of the retaining rings getting the new light in, stripped out two of the screw heads trying to get the high beam off but here's a preview. also, gonna have to do something about the horn that is currently not working but seems like it might be in the way.

20160504_193450.jpg

20160504_193607.jpg

20160504_193658.jpg

20160504_193817.jpg

size comparison

20160504_193941.jpg

one in..... kinda

20160504_194311.jpg

back side

20160504_194644.jpg

20160504_194655.jpg

so if you have a 620 with horns, somethings gonna have to give.

better pictures when all installed and wired up. really don't want to steal parts but really can't afford to buy new, so stealing them is the way to go right now

Right on you finally got them !

Sweet lights.

• Like 2

got off on time today, made it home almost 2 hours later, traffic getting out of everett sucks these days because of traffic on i5. toolbox and ducky both donated to little miss today, will probably change out the toolbox bucket for duckys other bucket later on down the road since ducky has offset lights.... i don't know but they are. 

new on drivers side (right), old on passenger (left)

20160505_162323.jpg

20160505_164850.jpg

20160505_165137.jpg

you can see in the last image that only the high bulb comes on with high beams. if i had put in the harness (was missing diode and kinda short on time) all four would've been on. i managed to score an old harness but missing a diode to bridge the two sets. will have to pick one up at radioshack or something (didn't want to make them send me one) to complete or just wait for the new harnesses to come out in june.... july? i beleive he said june but my memory is crap sometimes. literally the best customer service i have gotten so far and i've been coming up with some stupid issues on my behalf. definitely recommend the company. will probably buy a set for my chevy later on down the road actually.

and all new lights

20160505_182631.jpg

20160505_184157.jpg

20160505_184216.jpg

fitment in the engine compartment. removed the horns (that don't work anyways they were just in there for me)

20160505_191232.jpg

and pushed the battery as far aft and inboard as i could

20160505_191241.jpg

overly thrilled with the end product. and it's so simple even i could manage it in the afternoon/evening. thank you ben and dapper lighting crew. 

stolen from ducky

20160505_174610.jpg

fixed my reverse light that i thought i fixed on tuesday, oh well, now they both have new bulbs

20160505_185947.jpg

• Like 3

updated list

i have come to a decision having driven her all week and looking at her the past two years. no lower, no higher. i don't think i'm going to bag this lady and honestly other than maybe finding a tub with hooks (could steal the one off toolbox but there's some rust holes) and getting spacers for the front wheels so they match the rears, i'm happy with the way she sits.

so from this point on it will be repair and replace, list of stuff follows:

suspension needs new bushings, possibly new springs/struts though they're still working after 43 years so nothing drastic
engine build (been planning just need to find the funds)/ 5 speed swap (have reported good tranny out of toolbox) 

replace rear window with levan when paint

paint/body work/weather seals

steering (king pin, front bearings, replace anything that needs it, clean/paint things that don't need replaced)

reupholster seat/swap for zcar seats in my closet

headlights (ordered the dapper lighting)

clean up exterior lights, possibly swap to led (110 for tail lights)

led interior lights. 

floors/interior paint (possibly carpet)/sound proofing

exhaust (2 1/4 or 2 1/5)

bedliner

ebrakes

figure out rear side marker lights

nice to know one thing is crossed off the list and i'm figuring it out

hobospyder, on 31 Mar 2016 - 8:09 PM, said:snapback.png

i have come to a decision having driven her all week and looking at her the past two years. no lower, no higher. i don't think i'm going to bag this lady and honestly other than maybe finding a tub with hooks (could steal the one off toolbox but there's some rust holes) and getting spacers for the front wheels so they match the rears, i'm happy with the way she sits.

so from this point on it will be repair and replace, list of stuff follows:

suspension needs new bushings, possibly new springs/struts though they're still working after 43 years so nothing drastic
engine build (been planning just need to find the funds)/ 5 speed swap (have reported good tranny out of toolbox) 

replace rear window with levan when paint

paint/body work/weather seals

steering (king pin, front bearings, replace anything that needs it, clean/paint things that don't need replaced)

reupholster seat/swap for zcar seats in my closet

headlights (ordered the dapper lighting)

clean up exterior lights, possibly swap to led (193 for all lights)

led interior lights. 

floors/interior paint (possibly carpet)/sound proofing

exhaust (2 1/4 or 2 1/2)

bedliner

ebrakes

figure out rear side marker lights

been working on my shopping cart for superbrightleds.com for the exterior lights, if i had the money and ordered today they would be here friday-ish. don't have the money, need to work some more ot to be able to afford these..... 193 all said and done for the exterior lights. did some poking when i got home to try to figure out the rear side marker lights, i need new housings. i have a set that i got from al last year down in the shop, just gotta go grab them. and figure out why the one i tried to unhook wouldn't release from the wires. or maybe i didn't get the buckets and i just got the lenses..... i'll walk down to the shop tomorrow nonetheless to figure out what i have or don't have. slowly working on getting my work space cleaned up down there. need to reorganize something fierce and i plan on laying down some epoxy in the area i work in the most. hooray summer project

mothers day is so far uneventful. called 4 mothers and said happy mothers day to them and the one that lives with me

truck got a little poking, swapped out the rear side marker light housing with the good ones i got from al (thanks al). i've been holding onto them since i went and transported the wheels for the canby truck to jrocks shop over a year ago. passenger side marker lights no longer have bulbs because i only had two good ones out of 6, go figure. going to have to refresh all my housings and check the nut clips for all of them eventually but at least they're working for now. oics:

old:

drivers side didn't want to give up the bulb

20160508_110932.jpg

passenger side

20160508_110621.jpg

new for passenger side

20160508_110627.jpg

and new working on drivers side

20160508_111921.jpg

no i debate whether i buy a couple of bulbs or just wait until i get the leds to put bulbs into the passenger side..... decisions decisions

• Like 2

I think my headlight relay finally kicked the bucket. Going to try to get the harness from dapper lighting installed and see if my headlights come back to life. Was rather upset I had to leave little miss at home this morning

• Like 1

got the headlights working again. definitely something wrong with that relay, need to take it apart to figure out. but somewhat on the hunt for a stock one. my 76 and 77 didn't have one. ever.... not even provisions for it in the wiring harness. i was stumped but figured it out. all while draining engine and tranny oil

20160510_145347.jpg

so she's ready for the trip to oregon, unless something catastrophic happens before then

this is what the tranny oil looked like

20160510_160257.jpg

don't know if it's ever been changed, only a slight metallic sheen to it, didn't seem horrible at least. you can kinda see it in the picture. had a momentary freak out when i was putting the new gear oil in because i couldn't remember if it was supposed to be gl-4 or -5 and sent flatcat a text to try to figure it out. and then googled ratsun for it. it was the right fluid ^_^

• Like 3