little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

drove to work just fine. drive home not so much. sat on the side of the freeway for about an hour and a half, probably longer, relaxing in the bed because my phone was dead and was waiting on a tow truck. rear passenger tire completely locked up, fluid all over the back of the rim and sprayed onto mudflap. not sure what happened had a misbehaving 7 year old to deal with when i got home today and didn't get home until about 625 ish..... don't know when i'll start poking, appears to be axle is mussed. brake fluid is nominal in the reservoirs, will get to her when i get to her........... kinda want to cry about this.

20160511_191140.jpg

had to be an odd sight for people to see on their way today, tiny yellow truck, tall dude spilling out the sides of the bed relaxing and smiling. at least the sun was shining so i could soak up some rays today 

• Like 2

Does it smell like gear oil or brake fluid? My bet would be axle seal and bearing failure.

it's not the right colour for brake fluid. I had a strong smell of gear oil when I left everett yesterday thought it was just burn off from filling the tranny. Forgot my shoes at home, sitting in the parking lot at work, gonna be driving home at some point

I'm somewhat enjoying my rear brakes. If I swap axles I have to pull backing plates and do it all over again. If I have to go through bearings again I might as well just do this axle again. I don't want to return to drums on this truck if I don't have to

• Like 2

Axle got dropped off at the mechanics on my way in to work today. He'll probably cuss at me when he wakes up. Should be back on the road next weekend. Need to purchase more gear oil for the rear end and fill that back up before driving. She's sitting in my driveway with the rear end on jack stands blocking my garage....

• Like 2

Sorry to hear bout the axle man. Hopefully a quick fix and on the road again. Did your xmission or smell horrible when you pulled it? Mine was so bad, I had to put the jug outside until I went to the oil dump. Easy day changing it though?!!

• Like 1

Transmission oil wasn't too terrible. The rear diff oil from yesterday stank out my garage in like an hour. Need to move that pan or something. It was all east once I looked at it, put off doing it last year because I didn't want to put the truck on jackstands for it

the other side was pulled and inspected as best i could, sent a picture off to the mechanic and he said put more grease in before reinstalling. that's why there's two tires in the last picture i posted instead of just one. i just got frustrated and haven't had time to do anything with the truck since. 

• Like 2

I'm betting the housing is also fucked up with the bearing and axle, you will probably have to swap the whole thing anyway.

talked to my mechanic ten minutes ago.....

this is happening now. gonna pull an axle from ducky and drop off for new bearing install and removal of backing plates later this week

• Like 2

axle pulled from ducky, ready to be dropped off tomorrow on my way to work

20160523_155413.jpg

20160523_155437.jpg

hopefully have my baby back together this weekend. not much but progress is progress right?

and i think i've added to my to-do list for this girl today. might be dropping the rear axle and going through it this winter and do 5 speed swap at the same time

• Like 2