little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Tuesday I got the first round of pressure washing done (I'm aiming for two rounds) and then got a call before my alarm wentry off on Wednesday and had to fly down to texas. Will be back home tomorrow night but unknown when I'll get to borrow my friends pressure washer again. Hopefully soon, I've gotten word it's actually pretty nice weather up there right now

20160621_171356.jpg

• Like 3

shop floor currently on hold. the only thing i was trying to do right now, debating my next step, either hit with the acid (i think) and go ahead and epoxy or wait until i can borrow the pressure washer again. not sure what i'm doing yet.

was having a smoke this morning after driving around to get stuff for doing yard work and got to looking at little miss admiring my baby and well.... she needed a bath

20160702_133437.jpg

bunches of bugs all over the windshield. so i got busy (after taking care of yard work). and i remembered how nasty behind the grill and light buckets was when i put in the lights

20160702_150952.jpg

yeah.... nasty

and now clean

20160702_152300.jpg

all over clean

20160702_154153.jpg

and back together

20160702_160553.jpg

next up, check oil level. tomorrow

• Like 5

Well i hope you don't book a cruise ship tour the same way man. And i guess you forgot about Dre,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, autograph i texted you to get for me when you were in Oakland.

Hey whatever happened to the hole up in the front corner of the garage?? Did you get it fixed?

• Like 1

update on shop progress. got the pressure washer back thursday after work. friday after work got the front door path and a quarter of the driveway before the girl showed up to go running to the bike store to get her some gear. went out yesterday and got everything around the house done. went to shop today, hit the w.i.p. corner with soap and straight pressure once, then decided to do the entire shop while i had the pressure washer. i'm worn out from moving stuff around twice to organize a little better and allow me to do the entire shop but i got it done along with part of the shops driveway and then moved everything to hit the w.i.p. corner a second time today making 3 times total for pressure washing that corner. hopefully i'll have it epoxied before the end of the month

i've decided all my wheels and tires will go along this wall here

20160710_155149.jpg

and the rest of the shop and everything after getting stuff back where i need it (out of the way to re do the corner i'm trying to epoxy) and spraying the corner again

20160710_162322.jpg

20160710_162329.jpg

20160710_162336.jpg

20160710_162343.jpg

also little miss got used yesterday to move a bush i'm tired of

20160709_142934.jpg

20160709_143111.jpg

• Like 3

I don't know, smells like cat piss

Must be something pretty good then. Mine are almost as tall as me but I had a big branch break from the random windy/rainy weather we got this week.

• Like 1

Must be something pretty good then. Mine are almost as tall as me but I had a big branch break from the random windy/rainy weather we got this week.

I got a bunch that are waist high on me if not taller that smell like cat piss naturally. Have a strong dislike for then after having been tossed in them as a youth. Probably cut the bulk of them down to ground when I get my chainsaw running again
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Scotch broom to me,,,,,, that shit is an insanely invasive plant,, and it has a huge amount of "oils" or something in it so when it catches fire it literally explodes in a ball of flame. The roots should be very near surface ,, if you put a chain around stalk you should be able to put it right out with even your 2 wheel driver.

• Like 2

Somebody school me in the ways of valves

Since the Ancient times, the men knew how to regulate water, either with stones or branches and trunks from the trees.

Egyptians, Greeks and other cultures were able to drive the water from rivers and fountains for public use or irrigation.

valvula romana tipo plugBut the Romans were the real developers of canal systems. They bring water form fountains and rivers to the villages, sometimes at long distances and saving important obstacles by means of aqueducts.

The valves were plug or stopcock type, made in bronze, nowadays ASTM B-67. This material was well known by the master of the "Collegia Fabrorum". It was rich in lead, no cracked, anti-corrosive, ductile, able to weld to the pipes of bronze or lead and good friction properties which facilitated the rotation of the plug.

The parts of the valve were a body, a holed plug, a bottom, and a long levy for turning the plug. Sometimes a pin was forced with a hammer into the valve, and then the plug could turn but not be removed. That was a way to avoid taking out the plug for defrauding water which seemed to be a widespread practice at these times as some holes found in the inlet of the valves.

At several Mediterranean towns were found small valves, all of them had similar design, such as in Rabat, Djemila, Istambul, Avarches, Augusta (where there was also found butterfly valves as taps) and Naples (were the plugs were cylindric).

Romans used a primitive diaphragm valve, made of crude leather that was manually closed over a weir, to control flow and temperature of household bath water.

There is also evidence of the use of angular valves, mixing valves and also check valves for avoiding back flow.

The funny thing is the spelling and sentence structure is so bad,, i have reason to believe this write up was done in a collaboration between Paradime and Jrock :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 5

Looks like Scotch broom to me,,,,,, that shit is an insanely invasive plant,, and it has a huge amount of "oils" or something in it so when it catches fire it literally explodes in a ball of flame. The roots should be very near surface ,, if you put a chain around stalk you should be able to put it right out with even your 2 wheel driver.

I use a 3/4" cotton rope that I wrap around shrubs (blackberry, poison oak, tick weed) and pull them out with my winch. Works like a charm.

• Like 2

not scotch broom, luckily none of that smelly yellow shit on my property. Just a bush that someone planted and I'll be removing
  • Like 1