little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i got my blue truck my ex wife kept asking "but why do you need two of the same truck???" and got all upset with me when the answer was "they aren't the same truck and chinese blueprints and because i can"

She will never understand the Datsun side of you. Most x's never do .

Spare Datsun parts for the win !

• Like 3

She was already ex at that point. We were cohabitating to make life easier on both of us. And honestly it doesn't matter what she thinks of me or my hobbies as long as she ain't calling cps on me.

On a truck related topic the axle was dropped off at my mechanics this morning

• Like 2

She was already ex at that point. We were cohabitating to make life easier on both of us. And honestly it doesn't matter what she thinks of me or my hobbies as long as she ain't calling cps on me.

On a truck related topic the axle was dropped off at my mechanics this morning

Plenty of time !

• Like 1

well she's back on all four again. driving like a champ

offending axle put back together

20160530_124937.jpg

my mechanic doing his thing

20160530_124947.jpg

on her feet

20160530_150559.jpg

took her for a run down to the river and back and put her in the corner of the driveway 

IMG_20160530_154654.jpg

so that i could do this

20160530_165211.jpg

and cleaned up and reorganized so that she would fit back in her spot

20160530_190819.jpg

• Like 3

We should make some  " Lil Mis "  plates , Not sure what to put into the back drop image tho . 

IMAG6011_1_zpshdhafnw0.jpg

pick the year and month , and some idea for the backdrop image ( which can be any picture you send me ) And we will make you the first Washington set .

13173007_1190922470919603_14865120824046

• Like 3

Love me a clean garage!

Lookn good man

it had gotten a little crazy with no vehicle pulled in other than a bike in the middle of where little miss is now. Tools, grill.... bunch of other random nonsense. Summer coming up I'm gonna want to ride my bike but I have to get it registered which is why she's blocked in
  • Like 3

Doing research, stealing this for later

The marker light bases were dissassembled and put into electrolysis to remove rust. Then sandblasted. The front marker lights on a 521 need 20 inch long wires. These are the wires.

BasesWires_zpskvtc5u2j.jpg

The wire just gets soldered to the brass tab.

WireSoldering_zpsgf548nas.jpg

The other leg brass connector is crimped over the wire. I did this before painting the marker light bases, so I did not have to clean the paint off the brass tabs before soldering the wire.WireCrimped_zpsyqb6hp6z.jpg

Yesterday, I primed the parts, using PPG PD 40 LF epoxy primer.

PrimedParts_zpsensupllb.jpg

Today, I painted parts with Dupont black Centari, with hardner. The wiper motor is done. I need to paint the underside of the bracket. The parking, and marker light bases will get a silver spray paint on the inside, later.

PaintedParts_zpsn862ghse.jpg

• Like 2

And this

Yesterday, I had primed and painted some parts parts black.

Today, I took the light bases, and cut holes in a piece of cardboard to hold them, like this,

PrimedLights_zpsz5lw7ig1.jpg

Took this paint,

ChromePaint_zpsadddt5li.jpg

and painted the inside of the lamp bases.

PaintedLights_zpst66pofxh.jpg

Another picture, with flash.

PaintedLights2_zps3qa6p6pu.jpg

I also put the wiper motor back on its bracket.

PaintedMotorBracket_zps1zf1heul.jpg

After the silver paint dried on the parking lamp/turn signal bases, I put the them back together. I believe there are amber lenses for these lights in Eugene. I believe Albert has some LED lamps for this truck. I did test both parking lamp/turn signal lights with the bulb in the picture of one of the bases.

TurnSignals_zpsjgoal0ri.jpg

Back side of turn signals.

TurnSignalBack_zpsnnczp8lo.jpg

Thank you Daniel for contributing to my build as well. (Even if you don't see this)

• Like 6

today was last minute poking at the truck for oregon car show road trip weekend day. got all my lights working, air pressure in tires is good, oil level is good, coolant is topped off, rear axle is good (mechanic told me to check them one last time before the trip) and started loading up the bed. going through the mess of stuff in her glove box i found a plug for the dimmer switch (what i thought was manual choke) location which was cool so now i have a complete dash with no empty holes or anything

20160607_172427.jpg

And boring pictures of the four corners since I'm excited all my lights light up

20160607_164359.jpg

20160607_164352.jpg

20160607_164342.jpg

20160607_164335.jpg

• Like 5

I might drive up the road tomorrow and see if it sucks. It's been a long time since I've made that drive..  If I do I'll post up my findings in the event thread

• Like 1