little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sexy with that purple fins hood :thumbup:

love me some louvres. had to buy it when i saw it last year. but it won't always be purple, eventually some painting will happen. 

mexi poke jajajaja.  Very nice truck man good job.

thanks bro

• Like 1

went to the front door today and well

20160323_150349.jpg

but i didn't order anything from rockauto.... what the hell?

i did however order a stock jack off of ebay and it was a reused box

20160323_150821.jpg

20160323_150830.jpg

and in the truck where it belongs

20160323_151443.jpg

even have a stock jack cover thanks to ericjb

20160323_151506.jpg

today was a successful day. made it through work just fine, found a penny in the parking lot and my jack showed up today. now waiting on the rod and need to find the cranking handle. seller of the jack is also selling repop rods that he had a metal shop make up using a stock rod for dimensions. sadly i'm not getting a stock one but i'll have a rod at least. 

• Like 5

i was thinking more along the lines of this

20160323_155918.jpg

but yaknow, not so shittily painted

was going to do something similar but different on the roof and cowl with the stock hood. might still end up doing that with the stock hood and i do have a replacement cowl already

• Like 4

Dude, here's a rough line drawing I did for a guy a long time ago. You could save it, photoshop it or print it and go color book crazy to get ideas. I'm in the process of doing a real rendering for the 510 with the same colors I used before, but better drawing. Just an idea. Here you go:

Datsun620Lines_zps93c46888.jpg

• Like 6

also, rod came in yeseterday. got home late and didn't open the package until today. 

20160326_115336.jpg

20160326_115531.jpg

just missing the jack handle, lug wrench and wheel chock kit at this point. this

Toolkitcomplete_zps990c8561.jpg

don't really need the chocks or lug wrench but the entire setup would be sweet to have with the truck

oh and knowing whether the jack fits under the truck or not. i guess i should go out to the truck

• Like 3

good idea but i'm not that talented at the art thing. i can be but that's a bit beyond my expertise 4perrev

You can use crayons, right? Boom! It's like being at Denny's when we were kids and the waitress gave use 2 or 3 busted, gnawed on colors and said, "keep yourself entertained while the big people talk"! Oh wait, that was just my 10th birthday party!!!!!!! :blush:  :blush:

• Like 2

i have come to a decision having driven her all week and looking at her the past two years. no lower, no higher. i don't think i'm going to bag this lady and honestly other than maybe finding a tub with hooks (could steal the one off toolbox but there's some rust holes) and getting spacers for the front wheels so they match the rears, i'm happy with the way she sits.

so from this point on it will be repair and replace, list of stuff follows:

suspension needs new bushings, possibly new springs/struts though they're still working after 43 years so nothing drastic
engine build (been planning just need to find the funds)/ 5 speed swap (have reported good tranny out of toolbox) 

replace rear window with levan when paint

paint/body work/weather seals

steering (king pin, front bearings, replace anything that needs it, clean/paint things that don't need replaced)

reupholster seat/swap for zcar seats in my closet

headlights (ordered the dapper lighting)

clean up exterior lights, possibly swap to led

led interior lights. 

floors/interior paint (possibly carpet)/sound proofing

exhaust (2 1/4 or 2 1/5)

bedliner

ebrakes

and question for anybody that knows: will 720 4x4 leafs ride better than the 2 inch blocks in the rear? wanna be comfortable driving little miss and currently, the dips, bumps and potholes are a bit hard.

• Like 2

720 4x4 springs are flatter but stiffer. They will lower it and make the ride harder.

alright so keeping stock leafs with blocks

No struts/springs under the front of a 620 shocks and torsion bars, and only shocks get replaced.

ok, so i'm an idiot. but thanks

That's quite a list, you will have fun with all those projects.

have you been able to find the 4x4 720 leafs?  I've been looking for some but can't find any.

They are pretty plentiful up here. I don't hit the yards that often.. but when I do there are usually a few 4x4 720's.

• Like 1

That's quite a list, you will have fun with all those projects.

have you been able to find the 4x4 720 leafs? I've been looking for some but can't find any.

I was going to but after reading that the ride is stiffer I am off the hunt for them. Haven't seen any in the yards to pull from in all honesty but I don't go to the yards too often either.

See Draker post, maybe one of the Oregon boys can hook you up

Also, this girl is parked again, makes me sad because I was enjoying driving her. Drivers side axle is leaking from outboard side of the bearing cage, I have already contacted the mechanic (read texted) who pressed them in for me. Don't feel like risking the axle coming out whike I'm driving.

• Like 1

I don't think you needed those spacers you made. The backing plate is not between the bearing housing and the axle housing. If it were, you'd have been able to remove it before pressing the bearing out. I just went through this exercise last night. 

Alright internet, tell me I'm wrong

20151124_160951_1.jpg

According to this picture and what I saw looking at ducky and toolbox, the backing plate goes between the main axle and the bearing cage housing thing.

Do I need a spacer to go in there as well as the longer studs I figured out I would need to hold the adapter on or am I being an idiot?

• Like 1