hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the tip was almost right, but no cigar. fuel pump straight gave up 

20160308_172824.jpg

and i can see why, will probably be replacing this thing again in the future. the dowel that holds/levers the arm is barely held in

20160308_172834.jpg

also changed out the filter

20160308_172023.jpg

and the voltage regulator

20160308_171839.jpg

started on the alternator but i think the old one will be going back in for now since the new one (60 amp for 510 with ac) has a larger diameter and isn't playing well with the tensioning bracket thingie

20160308_182558.jpg

almost had the new one all the way in except for the bracket, was going to pull the bracket to see if i could do some massaging but yeah, held in by the water pump pulley. (no oic)

engine bay after the top stuff was replaced

20160308_173642.jpg

fuel filter after backing out and readjusting in the garage so i could do the stuff i wanted to do including pulling the rear tires. ran her long enough for her to get warmed up

20160308_181352.jpg

good night little miss

20160308_190830.jpg

• Like 2

just make sure the spacer is inbetween fuel pump and head.

Thats the 2nd of those fuel pumps I seen breack at the same spot

it was and is again. They're just shitty made, nothing holding the dowel in place except a tiny amount of displaced metal

They are threaded, so you can point them wherever.

I've been thinking about buying one.. we'll see,

Let me know if you do.  I was going to jump on one but he just went to airmail only.   He used to offer slow boat delivery for 12 clams.  I really want to do one.  I also keep looking at the one on rock auto that looks just like a nikki, but is under the spectra label.  Lifetime warrenty but im not sure how that would work on rock auto.  Its 57 rocks.  

Let me know if you do.  I was going to jump on one but he just went to airmail only.   He used to offer slow boat delivery for 12 clams.  I really want to do one.  I also keep looking at the one on rock auto that looks just like a nikki, but is under the spectra label.  Lifetime warrenty but im not sure how that would work on rock auto.  Its 57 rocks.  

I saw that one too. I wasn't convinced..

I'm getting a quote from the Thailand seller for the pump and some other stuff.

• Like 1