little miss. to-do list pg 38 and first post

hobospyder

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll walk down there to warm her up today. I'm stuck on baby duty because the many had knee surgery 3 days ago. So I can't get super involved in anything down there even when she does get home. Next week hopefully I'll have time to do something. Need to prepare for summer project. Should've waited on the winter project but she's gonna stop real good when done

• Like 1

managed to make it to hoboland after work today. got distracted cleaning while looking for stuff so progress was minimal (only have an hour to an hour and a half between getting home and my daughter getting home). 

got both races seated, waiting for a tool to grease the bearings, figured i would store the bearings in their respective races instead of breaking up the sets

20160202_161535.jpg

part number for bearings/races

20160202_161524.jpg

and then i got to playing with the seals. and got lost because i was stupid and didn't take a picture of the old ones before removing. flat side towards or away from bearings?

20160202_161928.jpg

20160202_161933.jpg

part number for seals (thanks rick for the seals)
20160202_162044.jpg

and number dump for the break pads so i have something to reference

fronts:
caa9371b-d74e-4d57-b6e5-c14c5f1e222d.jpg

rears:
20160202_155255.jpg

and writing on the brackets for the calipers:
20160202_154634.jpg

figured out which caliper goes to which side today and figured out how they have to be oriented when mounted to allow ebrakes to work. hopefully will get some more progress tomorrow. don't know what i'll get but i can always hope right?
  • Like 1

since i just noticed in the picture and remembered. the old seals had these springy rings that are in this picture above the seal boxes on them, the new seals do not. do i need to retain the springy rings and install them in the seals when i get the new seals installed?

20160202_162044.jpg

Progress has been made. No pictures though.

Inner seals removed and replaced, outer seals installed in the bearing cages, bearings fully greased and ready to be installed. Mechanic took the axles with him so he can get the bearings pressed onto the axles. Also had a run down on how to bench bleed a master cylinder so when I get the axles back and rear calipers installed and bled I can install the new master.

• Like 3

also, mechanic checked the charge rate while he was here, it was charging at 17.5 or so so he recommended replacing the regulator. that will come after getting the brakes finished up

Get an alternator from an early 90's hardbody with a single cam KA. 90 amps and internally regulated, also direct bolt in, just need a plug and splice a couple wires.

• Like 1

Alright internet, tell me I'm wrong

20151124_160951_1.jpg

According to this picture and what I saw looking at ducky and toolbox, the backing plate goes between the main axle and the bearing cage housing thing.

Do I need a spacer to go in there as well as the longer studs I figured out I would need to hold the adapter on or am I being an idiot?

When they get fully installed I will be. Mechanic got back to me today and we discussed at length the fact that I do need spacers and that I could possibly fab them up super easy at work (repair aluminum um stock is everywhere) once I find out how thick it needs to be. She may not get up and go all that fast but she sure will be able to stop.

I am however happy that these parts aren't still collecting dust in my garage though

Not sure about the brake set up you have for the rear, but I did not need spacers to make up for the backing plates being removed with the caliper mounts from Beebani

i asked my mechanic about it, basically the same concept as making sure the shims return where they were when the axle goes back together i have to make up for the removal of the backing plates. the caliper mount attaches on the inboard side of the axle flange so i also need longer studs or bolts to hold it on. removing the backing plate removes 5.5mm of material from the axles. was throwing off the mounting of the caliper as well as not good for the axle.