Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and this is why i love my thread.

al, keep your flares, they fit.

little miss on the other hand at most will need a minor roll

20160317_112133.jpg

20160317_112138.jpg

20160317_112148.jpg

wheels on ground, my full weight bouncing i can still get my fingertips in there. i don't think i have to worry since she usually doesn't have any load in her. when/if i eventually go lower something will have to be done. possibly buy new rims, possibly some clearancing........ don't know yet

• Like 3

got my spacers in so figured i would see how bad the poke is on my wheels with them installed.

not fully torqued on the spacers and the rim is just sitting on the studs but i want to say the poke is acceptable for me

from the rear

20160314_190858.jpg

and closer to straight down

20160314_190916.jpg

i can live with it until next winter or whenever i get around to buying smaller spacers, if i do. might get spacers for the front to even it out or bring it closer. will figure out if i need to roll my fenders when i get my lug nuts in. don't have anything in m12x1.5 that'll fit in my rims to tighten down on them to put her on the ground. 

I found your problem......Too much camber on that wheel there! Way to flat!!!!! :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  

• Like 3

the reason i bought this truck was because i was about to bag my s10 and felt the need for a project outside of my daily (chevy)

this truck is my project, this truck i wanted lower

at this juncture, i don't know if she will see lower or not, i'll probably end up buying matching spacers for the front to make the stance match up

• Like 3

got tired of not being able to drive little miss so went and got a 35 amp (stock replacement) alternator yesterday. put it in today

20160320_135626.jpg

charge light is no longer on

20160320_135638.jpg.

i'm thinking winter project will be something simple this year and just do an led gauge cluster and fix the heater controls. only getting high on the heater. also possibly putting in the 60 amp alternator that i picked up. dunno, just gonna enjoy the spring and summer and figure out winter project next winter. still gotta figure out the headlights as there's no headlights on at low beam. have the highs unplugged so i can drive during dark hours for now. was nice to drive her around today, need to pull the ebrake lines until i get them replaced so they're long enough for the calipers. might still have air in the lines somewhere but she stops decent, not as good as i was hoping but she stops. will attempt re bleeding the lines at a later date.

got some goodies on the way and some that i picked up already. will show later. 

also, i think i need some more wheels

20160320_142258.jpg

might build some shelves for them all when i get the shop repairs going

• Like 2

got her tagged so i can legally driver her again (until august when she's due) and pulled the old registrations from the glove box today. according to the oldest one i have i have owned little miss since 26feb2014 so just over two years now. she has gotten new rubber fuel lines, weber 38/38 carb, fuel filters, 2 fuel pumps, new alternator and belt, kmc wheels, all around disk brakes and new master cylinder, hood and a pile of parts that i have no idea when she's going to be able to wear them. current standing, nice slow going project that has had a lot of money thrown at it and will continue to do so until i'm happy with her. 

two years ago

IMAG0076.jpg

now

20160305_174937.jpg

thank you for being on this journey with little miss and i, i'm sure there's still a long road ahead of us

• Like 5

As long as she is safe to drive and you like it, that is all that matters. I think she looks good, but with these trucks you are never done. You will always find something you want to tweak to take it to the next level. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Looking good there. Isn't it soooooooo nice when you finally get to drive them? Man, it was nice the first day she went around the block. I passed my house twice because she wouldn't stop and finally clutched it to roll into the driveway!! Do what you do and do what you like. If you want to bag a vehicle, Target sells bags and the installation is super cheap!!!!! :thumbup:

Looking good there. Isn't it soooooooo nice when you finally get to drive them? Man, it was nice the first day she went around the block. I passed my house twice because she wouldn't stop and finally clutched it to roll into the driveway!! Do what you do and do what you like. If you want to bag a vehicle, Target sells bags and the installation is super cheap!!!!! :thumbup:

oh man you should've seen me at canby last year, drove back and forth as much as I could just because I hadn't been able to drive her prior to week before. Shit I was driving her just to drive her. Now I'm waiting for the weather to clear up and I'll be driving her to work.

I don't think I'll be moving on to bags any time soon. Might try to get some body work done or some interior stuff next. She rides pretty decent where she sits and I think I'm happy with the 2 inch drop. If anything I might bust out a scale and measure the frame clearance to make sure it's even.

• Like 1

As long as she is safe to drive and you like it, that is all that matters. I think she looks good, but with these trucks you are never done. You will always find something you want to tweak to take it to the next level. Keep up the good work!

there's plenty I already have in mind. Just need the time to implement. Which with my life is seriously lacking. Thanks, I'll keep pushing along slowly

got off on time and got home super early today so after a quick zip tie job for the loose ebrake lines i took off with little miss to stretch her legs and found a nice parking lot with an awesome view of the sound down chuckanut

20160322_154640.jpg

20160322_154653.jpg

and then booked it back home to beat the munchkin off the bus. wiped down the windows and cleaned the rims (glass cleaner worked surprisingly well for that) threw up the set of magnets that i had fredges make up for me and took some pictures

20160322_165805.jpg

20160322_165820.jpg

and took a couple distance shots to see how the rear tires look and how much poke i was actually looking at

20160322_165837.jpg

20160322_165859.jpg

the one from the rear was zoomed in so it looks like i was closer than i was and on second thought i shouldn't have zoomed it....

neighbor pulled up as i was just about to take pictures, we bsed and he felt the need to tell me that i should get some flares, i vehemently shook my head so he questioned if i was going to roll the fenders, replied no. "so you're just gonna keep the mexi poke?" 

• Like 2