• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know this is a bit serious, and too Datsun related for insomniacs, but I am looking for a quick simple answer, and feel starting a new thread is silly.

In 83' the 300ZX debuted as a Datsun By Nissan, and in 84' was a Nissan By Datsun, which means to me, the 84' would be titled as a Nissan whereas an 83' would be titled as a Datsun, Making it the only year of the DATSUN 300ZX. Is this correct to assume?

Now I know this is a bit serious, and too Datsun related for insomniacs, but I am looking for a quick simple answer, and feel starting a new thread is silly.

In 83' the 300ZX debuted as a Datsun By Nissan, and in 84' was a Nissan By Datsun, which means to me, the 84' would be titled as a Nissan whereas an 83' would be titled as a Datsun, Making it the only year of the DATSUN 300ZX. Is this correct to assume?

spread_ad_1.jpg

1984_Datsun_300ZX_Turbo.jpg

Couldn't find a 1985 poster.

Anyway, you're a year off, but I agree and so does Hagerty.  They list 1984 as a Datsun 300zx and 1985 as Nissan 300zx.

• Like 2

Better than having a pacific giant octopus rip your mask and regulator off. Happened to a friend of my dads. He got a brand new spear they were in the Puget sound near Chambers creek, he stabbed it and picked it up off the bottom. It flaired out and came right down the spear at him, sprayed ink ripped his regulator off, not just off his face but of the hose and almost got his mask off. To quote my dad "he wouldnt let go of the spear the stupid fucker". He ended up getting it off of his head and his spear. They had to buddy breath back to the surface.

Datsun by Nissan was common and true as Nissan did make Datsuns. At no time were Nissans made by Datsun any more than a Mercury made a Ford.

First 300zx is '84 with the new 3.0 liter V6 engine.

The 300zx had NISSAN and DATSUN badges on the rear through '85. After '85 only the NISSAN badge was retained for '86. From '86 on there were 300zx or 300zxTURBO emblems.

• Like 2