new years resolution?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive to Canby in preferably the 510, or the white autocross truck.  I'm trying to avoid taking the 4x4 on trips due to crappy mileage, plus she's been to Canby already.  I would really like to be able to get the 510 running and drive it again this year.  Last Canby it saw was '09 I think.

• Like 1

I would say to quit smoking, But I had my last stinkey cig on Oct 12 2013. So I'm good there.

Plus I don't like to lie to myself...But if I have to make one it would be to get my Race car ready for the Zcon this year in San Diego. August.....2014

• Like 2

I stopped fooling myself years ago.

Pretty much this...

Yep, me as well.

Seriously though, drink less alcohol and spend even more time with my kids.

I dont do resolutions. They never come to past. LOL

Last thing I want to hear is "I thought you had a New Years resolution that... " so I may make one to myself quietly.

Ever notice that doctors practice? they don't DO medicine, they practice it? Maybe because you can't learn all there is to know about it, unlike say, math. You DO math, you don't practice it. So maybe I will continue, for another year, to practice not being too judgmental of other people. Like the ones I see out of sight behind the municipal offices on the bike path or today under the 17th street bridge, out of the rain, with their shopping cart of pop cans smoking and having a beer and a laugh while I bike home from work. I'm just as cold, just as dry. Probably just as happy... as it's all relative really. One, pulls his buddy out of the way on the path as I glide through the semi gloom. They both nod silently, this time, and I nod back as usual. Would it be judgmental to say that there's not much to bitch about, really? That there's always someone worse off than you are?

Where the hell's Cleary??? The equinox is well past and pagan rituals almost over, the earth is starting it's long tilt back towards the sun and longer and longer endless warm days.....

Ah yes Mike.  Wise words.  I too have felt the need to be less judgmental towards other people.  Especially the homeless.  Methheads I still have no patience for, but legitimate homeless or down on their luck, well, it's nicer to not say anything and at least acknowledge them than to say something mean or just pretend they don't exist.  I think we do that too often in today's society.

Last thing I want to hear is "I thought you had a New Years resolution that... " so I may make one to myself quietly.

Ever notice that doctors practice? they don't DO medicine, they practice it? Maybe because you can't learn all there is to know about it, unlike say, math. You DO math, you don't practice it. So maybe I will continue, for another year, to practice not being too judgmental of other people. Like the ones I see out of sight behind the municipal offices on the bike path or today under the 17th street bridge, out of the rain, with their shopping cart of pop cans smoking and having a beer and a laugh while I bike home from work. I'm just as cold, just as dry. Probably just as happy... as it's all relative really. One, pulls his buddy out of the way on the path as I glide through the semi gloom. They both nod silently, this time, and I nod back as usual. Would it be judgmental to say that there's not much to bitch about, really? That there's always someone worse off than you are?

Where the hell's Cleary??? The equinox is well past and pagan rituals almost over, the earth is starting it's long tilt back towards the sun and longer and longer endless warm days.....

I read this Mike, and all I could picture was the sculpture by Auguste Rodin, sitting on a pushbike.

I'm opening a gym the first of January.It will be called "Resolutions".It will have exercise equipment in it for two weeks.Then it'll turn it into a bar.......

You will be a very rich man. LOL   Great idea!!!!!

Start working out again... Not kidding myself, guna make it happen!

Best to start right now ! seriously ;)

Charge/Load the mp3 + drop a scoop of d-ribose in the bottled water + go = success.

Having a workout buddy helps hugely as well ... they push you and you push them....

I've been down almost 1-week with pneumonia .... itching to get well and hit the weights/eliptical again sine I've been pretty good the last few months (some could not be helped slacking though in between :rolleyes:)

Best time to start is always now as it'll never be convenient or timely to do so.

:)

I would say to quit smoking, But I had my last stinkey cig on Oct 12 2013. So I'm good there.

Plus I don't like to lie to myself...But if I have to make one it would be to get my Race car ready for the Zcon this year in San Diego. August.....2014

Me to. Last cig was September 19th!! So my resolution will have to be to post more on ratsun :)

• Like 4