I don't understand...

My point, z train, is when you make statements that have ALL or ALWAYS in them, you generally have a failure of logic.  There are good and bad people in any walk of life, regardless of if they served in the military.  Saying a group of persons is ALWAYS more important than another group of persons is failed logic unless you happen to think Hitler was a lot better than Paul Walker.

I understand your point.And it's wrong.The last time I had a "failure of logic" was in the 70's.And I'll say it again,WWII vets are more important as a whole than all of the actors that ever existed.

If you can read this-thank a teacher.

If you're reading this in English-thank a WWII vet.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your point. And it's wrong. The last time I had a "failure of logic" was in the 70's. And I'll say it again,WWII vets are more important as a whole than all of the actors that ever existed.

If you can read this-thank a teacher.

If you're reading this in English-thank a WWII vet.

Some of the truest and also funny things written. Not in that order though. Seems a shame I had to temp ban you in the past for being an outspoken cranky jerk.  :lol:  Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Peleliu_zpsfa06d3d6.jpg

Well, these two guys are taking a smoke break before hitting the red carpet, where Jessica Alba will be giving them a handy in front of the photogs! Nice!

The reason kids today will mourn a movie star before someone who assured their freedom is that they live in a very enclosed world and our education system sucks ass! 

I know, it is an information world, but, when people pump nothing but bullshit into it, that is what you are going to care about. Most kids could not even tell you when WWII happened!! Hell, my co worker is in his forties and has no clue what The Doolittle Raid was!! 

So I say thanks and God Bless to our vets! And to the movie stars, show me your tits!!! 

• Like 1

I don't recall seeing "American" anywhere Just WWII vet.

Fact of the matter is Paul walker and Fast and the Furious introduced a lot of us younger people to imports and working on cars. Not only that but glorified and made it seem so fun. I was 5 when the movie came out and i was so amazed by the GTR and the Charger. For the the longest time i wanted a Muscle car. That movie was the seed to me liking cars. I think a lot of people where the same way. Those movies helped them like cars. And i think that the fact that guy that was a star in the movie died kinda caught a lot of us off guard. 

We officially have a reason to hate PW now. 

• Like 2

This thread is a piece of garbage. If the OP actually wanted to care about these soldiers, he would have started a thread about them specifically, not a thread bitching about how Paul Walker is being immortalized, and they aren't (probably because their over 80 years old and have already been immortalized for over 50 years now)

The OP just wanted a reason to stir shit, and make people annoyed (which he was guaranteed, as this is a Nissan website and it is Paul Walker)

Congrats OP.

I wouldn't call Mandela a hero. Dude was an admitted communist and terrorist who liked to blow up school buses...

You are an idiot. Probably a Republican too (I am die hard republican FYI,but its blind morons like you ruyining our party)

Boston Tea party?, Yeah, shutup.

I guess I should call you a racist segregationist then? He was supposed to just go about enjoying apartheid?

Another reason to hate paul walker

Jessica Alba

giphy_zpsecf721a7.gif

Not really, particularly since SHE HAS HERPES!!.

Yeah, and thats confirmed true by a casting director I know, she got it from Derek Jeter, cause hes a cheating piece of garbage who bangs everything that moves.

• Like 1

And what did you do to honor the lives of these great men oldschoolvws?

Why would it bother you that there is a car meet for someone who died young, was famous for cars, and was a generally good person?

This is like being pissed off about people who were upset about James Deans death and memorial. I mean honestly wtf?

so "I don't understand" either---------why this thread exists.

Thats right,  None of them ever contributed anything to this to this country.

We'd all be better off if ALL Kennedy's were forgotten.

JFK PT109 commander, decorated WW II vet, served as president, averted a nuclear lunch, fought for civil rights, assassinated while serving his country.

Robert Attorney General, successfully fought organized crime, fought for civil rights, served as a US Senator, Assassinated while serving his country.

Ted served as US senator 1962-2009, one of the most influential and prolific legislators ever,  more than 300 bills authored and enacted into law, chair of the Senate's Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.

Yah this country would be much better off if they never existed. We should totally forget those selfish elitist vampires. 

• Like 1

JFK and RFK were both great men.

Their father was a piece of human garbage though.

Ted was a piece of human garbage. Probably the biggest in the whole Kennedy family.

The man voted on environmental reforms that put windfarms in Massachussetts, and then voted against it because you could see them like a needle 10 miles out from his house on the coast.

Hes just one of the Kennedy shitpool.

Thats right,  None of them ever contributed anything to this to this country.

We'd all be better off if ALL Kennedy's were forgotten.

JFK PT109 commander, decorated WW II vet, served as president, averted a nuclear lunch, fought for civil rights, assassinated while serving his country.

Robert Attorney General, successfully fought organized crime, fought for civil rights, served as a US Senator, Assassinated while serving his country.

Ted served as US senator 1962-2009[/size], one of the most influential and prolific legislators ever,  more than 300 bills authored and enacted into law, [/size]chair of the Senate's Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions.[/size]

Yah this country would be much better off if they never existed. We should totally forget those selfish elitist vampires.

When you grow up-talk to us.

• Like 2

Back to the original post, not understanding the hype around celebrities.

I only saw one fast and furious movie.  The first one, and I do not know even Paul Walker is in it.  

When this post was started, Paul, had been dead for a few days, or maybe a week.  Nelson Mandela had just died.   Of course, there would be more words, and attention, for Paul, at that time, because Paul had a head start, so to speak.   I think in a few months, some other falsely famous person will have died, Paul will have been largely forgotten, but Nelson will have his legacy behind him.

I had a not good opinion of Paul.   "Some guy that died by trying to live life imitating art"  but that was about it.

Then I heard a news report that one day, an engaged couple was looking at engagement rings in a jewelry store that Paul happened to be in.  The couple found a ring they really liked, but Paul overheard, there was no way they could afford it on his military salary.   Paul quietly called the manager over, and told the manager, "tell the couple that ring is paid for, anonymously, and put it on my tab" 

Later, I heard this about one of the Kardashian sisters.  She had done a fundraiser for the Philippines, but had kept some of the money raised.  I do not know how much she kept, I really do not care. but I know this.  She gave more money to that cause, than I did, or am able to.

This is reality.  A lot of money is being made by magazines, trying to get them sold.  The magazines hype whoever on the front cover that will sell more magazines, and once people get these magazines, they are told in them that they do not measure up, and not pretty, or they stink, so the people buy the unnecessary crap sold in the magazines, so magazines can sell the "eyeballs" of the people who spend money on the magazines.

Nelson Mandela will not sell as many magazines as some celebrity, or "reality star"   So who do you think is going to get more newsstand space?