I don't understand...

That whole "support a soldier" BS is just that. BS. No life is worth more then another. With all due diligence... Walker probably directly affected more lives in a positive manner then a good majority of our soldiers. Does that mean he's better then them? No. And vice versa. They all do their thing.

Regarding your second paragraph,a soldier that dies for his country and the freedom of its people is a totally unfair comparison to a guy dying while fucking around in a racecar on a public street ! im not hating on the guy,just saying.

Soldier risks his life and dies to defend his home, country and fellow soldiers. Mr. Walker was known for his charity work. In the end I hope both are remembered for that, and not the way they died.

• Like 2
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That whole "support a soldier" BS is just that. BS. No life is worth more then another. With all due diligence... Walker probably directly affected more lives in a positive manner then a good majority of our soldiers. Does that mean he's better then them? No. And vice versa. They all do their thing.

100% utter BULLSHIT.ANY WWII vet's life is worth more than any actor.

This video some how got dropped from my other post.

The only reason Walker is getting attention here, or any other car forum is that he was in a few movies with cars in them. The reason he got those parts isn't because he had even a shred of legitimacy in the car world, it's because some casting director thought he was good looking enough. and fit the image of the character. Seeing Walker as anything other than an actor is like believing Fast and Furious was a documentary. 

The REAL contribution Walker shared with the world was his talent as a story teller. Seriously, if Walker was famous for making movies about horse racing would we give a flying fuck if he died horseback riding? No, but the horse forums would be lit up though. 

The OP was making a point about how asinine it is to hold Walker up as a race car hero when from all indications, his death was anything but heroic. It was tragic, and no amount of romanticizing his death will change that. If you want to morn his passing at such a young age, and with so much potential ahead of him, I can totally get behind that, but if you want to ignore the tragic reality and call him a hero... I'd have to say that's disrespectful. And I'm sure his family would feel very much the same way.

• Like 1

100% utter BULLSHIT.ANY WWII vet's life is worth more than any actor.

This video some how got dropped from my other post.

Devil's advocate here: Hitler was a WWII vet.  You sure?

• Like 1

Soldier risks his life and dies to defend his home, country and fellow soldiers. Mr. Walker was known for his charity work. In the end I hope both are remembered for that, and not the way they died.

Um, no.  If he died volunteering for his charity work that is one thing....dying while fucking off in a Porsche Carrera GT is another.  You need to understand the difference.

Yes, it's sad he died.....but do not immortalize him because he died doing something that was highly illegal

I have an 8 year old daughter......I do not do stupid shit like this fucktard because I do not want to leave her fatherless.

Did you really just say Hitler was a American WWII vet?

I don't recall seeing "American" anywhere Just WWII vet.

Fact of the matter is Paul walker and Fast and the Furious introduced a lot of us younger people to imports and working on cars. Not only that but glorified and made it seem so fun. I was 5 when the movie came out and i was so amazed by the GTR and the Charger. For the the longest time i wanted a Muscle car. That movie was the seed to me liking cars. I think a lot of people where the same way. Those movies helped them like cars. And i think that the fact that guy that was a star in the movie died kinda caught a lot of us off guard. 

If Peter brock died the same way as paul walker people would still be sad and mourning. 

• Like 1

Devil's advocate here: Hitler was a WWII vet.  You sure?

Actually he was a WW1 vet.

Um, no.  If he died volunteering for his charity work that is one thing....dying while fucking off in a Porsche Carrera GT is another.  You need to understand the difference.

Yes, it's sad he died.....but do not immortalize him because he died doing something that was highly illegal

The mechanics of how either died isn't the thing at all. The soldier may have died in a car accident while on leave and this does not lessen his contribution any more than PW dying in a Porche. I'm saying the cause they supported and work done should be honored. And since when is being a passenger something highly illegal? He wasn't doing anything wrong but being there. It has nothing to do with anything.

• Like 2

Yes WWI vet, but he was also fighting during WWII, so that makes him a WWII vet. He was the furor and directed the military and was presumably killed in action.  Splitting hairs but still.  A dead vet, an asshole, and a horrible person, yes.  (EDIT: since deleting is cheating, rick-rat is correct, I had to go re-read some history.  Back to WWI vet only.)

My point, z train, is when you make statements that have ALL or ALWAYS in them, you generally have a failure of logic.  There are good and bad people in any walk of life, regardless of if they served in the military.  Saying a group of persons is ALWAYS more important than another group of persons is failed logic unless you happen to think Hitler was a lot better than Paul Walker.

• Like 1
Guest Rick-rat

So if Hitler was the fuhrer during WWII, makes him a vet of that war. Does that make Obama a vet of the war in Iran and Afghanistan, even though he was never in the military?

• Like 3

Given how militarized the German country was in WWII, I'd say it almost counts, but I had to go digging through history and it appears you're right.  So back to WWI vet.  My point is still valid though.  For the record, I'm an 1/8 German and German Jew at that.  So let's just say I don't like Hitler.  A lot.

So if Hitler was the fuhrer during WWII, makes him a vet of that war. Does that make Obama a vet of the war in Iran and Afghanistan, even though he was never in the military?

He's 'Commander and Chief'..... so yes.

No, you would just be a Marine supporter

Kinda like someone putting a sports team sticker on their car and there by becoming an athletic supporter :poke:

A veteran is any one who serves, in any manner, in the military. I'd like to think it's everyone who's seen action when I see a veteran's license plate but I don't think so.

That murmur, soon replies, "God doth not need
Either man's work or His own gifts. Who best
Bear His mild yoke, they serve Him best. His state
Is kingly: thousands at His bidding speed,
And post o'er land and ocean without rest;
They also serve who only stand and wait."

K-douche-Your head is so far up your ass,you need a glass belly button to see where to take your next step.You're a pathetic excuse not worthy of being shown as a bad example.

I think Z Train already fucked that up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw it. I commend you. 

You didn't see Old schools post last night (now deleted) ,,  holy cannoli..

Me = humbled

Thank you Gents, deleted because why fuel fires.

The major difference between PW and some of the people I listed, not only Veterans, is that PW did things "entertainment", which we all enjoy. He made lots of money and turned his forune to benefit others with his charities.

The people I think deserve more recognition are those people who risk their lives for their country, betterment of societies, make changes in technologies that sustain our futures, etc. Its a sad day when entertainer or sports figure are more reveared and reveled than heroes that make or made our country what it is today with the freedoms we have today.

I hold value of their lives equally, but "I DON'T UNDERSTAND" why PW's life is celebrated more than those who probably really made more of difference than PW ever did.

-Paul Walker, Actor & Philanthropist: Made a movie series titan, started a charity

-Neil Armstrong, Veteran, Test Pilot, Astronaut: Yeah, nothing needs to be said there. Changed the world's technologies forever because of his bravery and the breaks we made by learning from what he did. Helped to make the US the greatest super power on earth.

-Danielle Inouye: Japanese decendant who fought with the 442. In case you don't know, the 442 is the most highly decorated US combat team from WWII, prodominately made up of japanese decendants, while the US locked their and his families up in intern camps after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. This first ever Asian medal of Honor winner ran back into a hail of bullets to save his team. His injuries were so bad, doctors were preparing him to die. He said operate, or at least try. He lived and became Hawaii's first Senator, and held that office until his death almost exactly one year ago. The longest running senate seat ever.

-Neslon Mandela went to jail for a belief under the premise it was forever. 27 years later, he is released, wins a noble peace prize and becomes the first Democratic President of the country that imprisoned him. A single individuals actions changed over 50 million peoples lives.

Man I'm a loser compared to these guys.

• Like 2