Nissan IDx (new 510?)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it looks like a 610. 

That's why you like it. 

I do like 610's. So? I also really like 510's, which numerous people here are claiming that this concept is such a disgrace to. I'm more interested in the fact that it's a small, RWD 4cyl import. I've been looking hard at the FR-S since it's concepts came out for the very reason. Actually, I don't think the Scion looks like a 610 at all.

• Like 1

Meh, it looks ok. It's not a 510, but I can see some potential. The BRE looks nice and I like the round headlights on the other one. I wouldn't buy it over a 350/g35 coupe, but over all it is ok. Definitely wouldn't badge this as a remade Datsun, but sadly clay blocks are all we get for new cars today. Now that photoshop of the squared off 510 remake is amazing, but this is more like new chevy meets B210.

hey, Atleast Nissan keeps their spirit and design of the past unlike many other company which reject their cars of the past as if something worthless and lost in history. 

Plus, I don't think Nissan ever even said this was a 510 (though obviously resembling). I think they named it IDx just so they won't piss off the geniuine fans. 

Everbody is saying 510, or it looks like a celica. Am I the only one who sees first gen silvia?

Four pages? I skipped the last two. This 'thing' looks NOTHING like a 510. Call it anything but a 510. The roof looks like a Ford probe.

Rear pillar brings thoughts of a 510, but not much else except the BRE scheme.  Hopefully this is a first concept that they are continuing to work on.  There is potential there, but this shouldn't be the finished product.  Too, too, too tall.  Doors have too much height.  Doesn't seem to have a wide enough stance.  But then, I have my preferences.  I always liked the old Ford 49er concept as one of the best.  (Oooohh....new thread!)

Man, You guys get so worked up over shit. I don't think Nissan said this is the new 510. That's the fanboy media telling you that.

And if all you guys are so fucking good at designing cars, Why are you not working at Nissan or Toyota.

It's a concept car. It will look nothing like what you see here. They are trying to break off a slice of the Scion & Subi market. That's it. So that's why it looks like it does.

When Nissan did the 350Z they said it looked like the 240Z. It looks nothing like a 240Z, It looks like a fucking bar of soap. Just like all new cars do.

At least the concept they show has what looks like a chrome bumper on the front.

• Like 5

Whatever happened to this?

neo510-1_zps3a691ef8.jpg

nissan should have used this model or at least this front end. i would have loved to see a sedan and wagon like this one.

it should be like the FR-S, small but with a turbo inline 4 instead of the pancake

I have this to say: 

I am ok not calling it a 510 homage, but it has a lot of subtle cues and they are done right, right, right.  I really like the size and scale as indicated in the video with the designer man standing there next to it.  It looks like an awesome fun, short, wide, simple rear wheel car and the best looking concept I have seen this year!

BTW I am mostly aiming my opinions at the tan consumer car.

Of course by the time I finish my 510 wagon I will have no money left for one should it ever go to production anyhow.  But if it does I will happily pull up to a light next to one and smile at the fact that finally a car company has proposed making something where the mission seems to be young modern fun and not the overwhelming mediocrity of a Christmas sweater designed by a committee of baby boomers.

--lates
--jrawk

• Like 1

LIke I said I would buy one if it was built legitimately to compete with the BRZ in performance and specs. Although not a BRE theme fan, I do like the combination shown above... maybe I would get rid of the stripes and racing numbers, but the color scheme is nice. Id also like the front end with the quads on the BRE version. Then dump it and throw it on some Glowstar meshes. Done deal... Id daily the crap out of it. 

• Like 1