Nissan IDx (new 510?)

Some of you may find it pointless but I want someone to chime in of they know mre than me at the moment. About 30min ago speed hunters posted a Nissan reveal photo on their instagram claiming this IDx to be the new 510, I checked their site but found nothing. Maybe someone else can be more insightful and maybe some opinions on the car if they've seen it. I'd post the photo but I'm on mobile, is this what we've all been waiting for......?

• Like 2
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're being played. No one today knows what 510 even means or what a Datsun is. Smoke and mirrors. Hype. Just like reviving the Datsun logo. You have a real 510 pray it's never taken seriously. If you owned a '69 Yenko copo 427 rs Camaro how would you feel if some douchebag pulled up beside you in a 'new Camaro' and said "Hey, I got one too."

• Like 8

Jeezus, it has as much frontal area as a Chevy pickup, wtf were they thinking?  Please tell me some designer from Nissan sees this and recognizes it as the monstrosity that it is.  Think BMW 318 in the looks department if you really want to make the next 510.  It looks like an aborted Altima.  Blech. :(

• Like 1

Eh, I think it looks sorta like a mid 70's 510 knocked up a late generation Lancer after a 4 day drunken bender.  It isn't the ugliest car I've seen (or driven) but it sure ain't the prettiest either.  If the price is right I'll consider it, especially if it has a fun motor and gearbox combo.

The pictures make it look pretty stupid, but after the video I would buy one. There are for sure some of the hyper-futuristic features and design cues I dont like, but overall decent if I wanted a new car. 

Cant wait to see what the powertrain specs are. 

• Like 4

Fuck that noise.  It needs about 4 inches chopped out of the middle, then the top and bottom halves mated again.  Why the fuck do they have to make it so squatty tall?  Fucking frogs!!  Quit fucking up Nissan's design!!  Where's Teruo Uchino when you need him?