Nissan IDx (new 510?)

Jeezus, it has as much frontal area as a Chevy pickup, wtf were they thinking? 

They were thinking: 

"Those goddamn Americans are fat. Better give them as much seating room as possible to squeeze in the extra 10 Big Macs they scored for lunch, and their equally overweight, under exercised children so they can drive to the movies and eat gobs of buttery popcorn and watch Will Ferrell act like a douche for their entertainment." 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i think with a few paint tweeks it could look so much better,the way they raise the bumpers on the rear with the colors look odd,but change it up and it looks cool,its just like the porsche's and corvette's when they changed them no one really liked them and now they are smashing success.And just for the record i am not saying you guys like them.

• Like 1

I hate it with a bloody passion and just unleashed my comments on Japanese Nostalgic Car's article on it.  They asked for comments, I gave my 200 cents worth.  Fuck me, I'm so pissed off now, I'm going to have to crack a beer.  Hadn't planned on it tonight, but this just.....fucking.....can't even think of more words to describe my annoyance.  I'm just going to turn my back and hope this situation improves.  Otherwise I'm selling all my Datsuns and buying a Mustang.  I just can't handle Nissan anymore.  I keep reminding myself Nissan died in 1998, but it doesn't help.  There are morons in the design department, they're running around unchecked, and they seem to have shit for brains.

• Like 1

What would improve the look the most is a fucking crusher, the french have no idea how to make a car that's worth a shit in the looks department. Sure it was designed by a Japanese guy but I'm sure Frenchy there had his hand in it enoight to make it look like the turd it is. WHY ARE CARS SO THICK!!!!! it makes them look like hot garbage, yeah it lowers look of the roof line, but it makes the fenders and doors look huge......just another reason the french suck.....

....end rant :lol:

• Like 2

This is the thing to me, to see nissan even address anything of its history after the last 10 years is amazing to me.  AND THIS IS THE CONCEPT...we all know the concespt designs change so it may look even better.  The bre version is the one ill get since it looks like theirs vents due to the nismo emblems.  I want a new 510 as my daily, id love a new car that reminds me of my old cars that i can mod the shit out of and have fun with.  So i hope this getsput into production.  

• Like 2

Whatever happened to this?

neo510-1_zps3a691ef8.jpg

They need to go back to the drawing boards in do something similar to this, and then put it in to production. it was look better than the suburau, scion, and toyotas. and sell more

These concept cars are just that, concepts. It's obvious Nissan is drawing on the 510 and Bluebird Coupe in designing these cars; with the basic box body shape (though distorted all to hell), the vents on the rear pillar, the dual headlights and horizontal line grill on the cream car, and the BRE stripes and hood mirrors on the other. The hap hazard mashup of these iconic Dime/Coupe visual cues plays off like cheep design gimmicks without the sonic line to hold it together. That simple line is the distinctive soul of these classic Japanese cars, and without it these cars look oafish and clumsy. Seriously dropped the ball there IMO. 

How many times have I been disappointed by Nissan's design crew? Short of the GTR, every damn time. There's no reason to believe they won't fuck this one up a tree too. 

• Like 1