Canby 2014 No Fucks Given - - June 14 & 15

well I am going to Canby forever or at least as many times as possible 

I enter my car in the show to support further shows they can have a little more of my money to fund the cause 

I enjoy Canby for the cars and the people and if a so called rust bucket wins a prize its because the PEOPLE liked it they don't have JUDGES the people judge 

If I win a prize sure I am excited but if I don't I am not going to cry and I will still have one of the most fun weekends of that year

If you don't like the show and the people then don't come   

If you like the people but don't think they like your car then don't pay the entrance fee for the awards part of the show 

I will just leave this here 

IMG_20140112_202241_911_zps74ccc44b.jpg

IMG_20140112_202235_124_zps52c22fc4.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rondk1958

I was not calling all ratsun  cars rust buckets  but I'm not in to the style sorry  but there are a lot of cars that go to this event was trying to explan why  I find camby unfair  but what ever  if  I offended any I'm sorry that wasent  my intent  was simple  try to get the message across why I have  been unhappy with my results so  with that  I'm  not worried about  camby any more   nore is there any need to post anything other then positive comments from here on out

I am positive that some people might like your body kit 

I am also positive that more wont like it then do like it 

but its your car and what matters is that you like it and don't worry about what others think 

hopefully you come to Canby even for the day because most of the people there are some of the friendliest people I have met 

• Like 1

Ron sure does type really long sentences.....

I was going to give him a trophy for least fucks given for grammar, spelling, AND punctuation! ;) That said, I have never entered any of my Datsuns into the trophy class at Canby.  Just don't care.  I go there for a vacation and more importantly, for the caravan down.  Driving with lots of Datsuns is the bees knees.  See some cool people, hang out, fix a car or two while I'm there because that generally happens.  That's what Canby is all about.

And did I mention I was lucky enough to win a rear window rubber (which I really needed) and a front chrome strip for the 510 last time I went?!  That's way better than a stinkin' trophy!

• Like 2

I have awards that's not  my point I just think there show can be  used  buy  large groups to shift the awards to there favor  it called block voting so its just a waste  of time and  money to go for  me

Ron, your car is not a show winner. I sat right fucking next to you at blue lake while you voted for your own car on the peoples choice. A dozen fucking times.

You have enough trophies, and if thats the only reason you want to show up then dont next year, everyone else will go without a trophy and have a great time, while you toss and turn about how much work you put into your car, while on the other hand talking shit about the car next to you for this or that...

Ron, you belong in an acura. At a honda meet. Think about it.

• Like 2

I didn't even enter the show last year and got an award.....

........and I sure as hell wasn't expecting one.......because I have one of those "rust buckets".....

All I did was work my ass off to get to Canby in a Dime...............to have fun.......

..................................................and winning an award from your peers and not a panel of rich yuppie judges who have "perfect" cars........

IMG_3981_zpsea20adef.jpg

...........priceless... :thumbup:

• Like 7

I know at Canby you only vote if you enter and you only get one voting sheet per entry.  Not sure how you would be able to 'stuff the ballot box' there.

I enter my trucks in the awards section, not to win anything, but to help support the club putting on the event. It looks like a lot of work and I for one appreciate the effort put in, so that me and my friends can hang out and talk Datuns in person instead of on the internet. If your there just for a trophy, you could just buy one from the trophy shop and save yourself a trip.

Hopefully I don't have any last minute surprises to keep me from attending this year.

Thanks to Dave and the rest of the guys and gals that put Canby together. :)

So is Canby people's choice? Is this thing from the 13th to the 15th?

Usually the car club chooses members to judge. And they give more points to fellow club members. The easiest way to win a trophy at a car show is, be a member of the club hosting it.

I had a ton of show car trophies from the 80's and 90's. When I moved, I gave away what I could, and then threw the rest away. I guess I never saw them as an accomplishment. if they call your name, cool. If not, who cares.

I go to car shows to steal everyone else's cool idea's.

If you don't like my car, so what. I didn't build it for you.  

• Like 4