Canby 2014 No Fucks Given - - June 14 & 15

DB is cool.
When I was looking for the car, I have now.
Dave took me around and showed me all the 510 's around the area.
Even when we ran into a racist, he was very cool.

He said, "he is a brother from another mother".

This is very unlikely. I have found the Canby event put on by Datsuns Northwest to be very friendly. Dave Bothwell is very understanding and accommodating. If you feel you were treated poorly perhaps the problem lies with yourself? We can't all win a prize, and just being there is the main attraction.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know many people that enter that show expecting to win a prize.....

........most of us go because it's the biggest Datsun only event on the west coast.......maybe the country........that's enough to show up

.......and........most of us enter to fund the event and keep it going.........not expecting a prize....

If you've documented your progress here.....we would all be aware of how hard you worked......getting praise constantly from your awesome build....

It's like the best Ice cream sunday you've ever had.............................winning something is just the cherry on top....

• Like 3

i dont go for the awards... 

if your only worried about the awards, you have something wrong.. 

its only one time a year that i get to hang out with almost ALL my datsun friends in one place.. thats what i care about. 

i guess if you do get an award, like it was said, its the cherry topper on whole weekend...

• Like 5

No one is going to vote for your testarosa 510 ron. You will Just have to stuff the ballot box yourself ..... oh wait..

If Dave didn't like someone voting for their own car 50 times..... that doesn't make him a bad guy. :rolleyes:

^^ :rofl:

I'll bring brownies.....

......but they won't be in the shape of Datsun emblems cause I'm not that talented.....

Sweet F'n cupcakes last year.......I forget who did that.....that was BAD ASS!!!

IMG_3943_zpsfd9a8f83.jpg

• Like 3

Wasn't there 3 510 classes?

OG

Modifieded

Wagon

I go to Canby because the hosts of the show Datsuns Northwest and their members have made it the best car show experiance i have ever had. We have been going since 2009 but didn't start camping till 2011.

(edit) Jesus Antony,  why is the cupcake all sweaty.? :huh:

• Like 1

Yeah I get very defensive at feeding time. (sorry about biting you that time Micro, my bad)

No worries man, i had it coming. I was more talking about when my appetite was extinguished as you brought to my attention how many filthy hands had been in that bag..
Guest rondk1958

I want  my  car to win to say  other wise  would  be  a  lie  but the  2 experance's  I have had there  is  rust  buckets winning over  a lot of  nicer car's that's what I'm saying Did I think I should win yes  over  a  rust bucket  yes I do  but over other much better car forget mine its a shame  people don't  vote for  what they like then  for there group to stuff the ballot box  as  someone  said and  if you  don't  like  my  car.. then don't look at it I had the body kit so  put  it  on so many  people  put on other kits   like  box flares and other kits. I think that  if you  do something other than factory Its Frowned upon so I think the camby  has to  much  bullshit to deal with so I wont  be showing  there again so  all of you  who  dislike  my 510 wont  have to deal with  looking at it  I'm sure I'm going to  get a bunch of  smart ass re-markes  so  there go  my knock our selves out

Guest rondk1958

I have awards that's not  my point I just think there show can be  used  buy  large groups to shift the awards to there favor  it called block voting so its just a waste  of time and  money to go for  me

I want  my  car to win to say  other wise  would  be  a  lie  but the  2 experance's  I have had there  is  rust  buckets winning over  a lot of  nicer car's that's what I'm saying Did I think I should win yes  over  a  rust bucket  yes I do  but over other much better car forget mine its a shame  people don't  vote for  what they like then  for there group to stuff the ballot box  as  someone  said and  if you  don't  like  my  car.. then don't look at it I had the body kit so  put  it  on so many  people  put on other kits   like  box flares and other kits. I think that  if you  do something other than factory Its Frowned upon so I think the camby  has to  much  bullshit to deal with so I wont  be showing  there again so  all of you  who  dislike  my 510 wont  have to deal with  looking at it  I'm sure I'm going to  get a bunch of  smart ass re-markes  so  there go  my knock our selves out

Who are you to say someone's car is a rust bucket? Maybe they like that style. Maybe they are in the process of making it the best goddamn datsun ever. I don't know, I don't go to shows for trophies. I go for the datsuns.

• Like 5

Oh boy... wether or not you think your car is a "show" car or not, does not give you the credit to call anothers a rust bucket. Maybe you haven't noticed what the name of this site is, not to say there is not full show cars here because there are many beautiful builds. Everyone has an opinion... I wouldn't go as far as to say that anything other than stock is frowned upon, its all in the attitude of the owner. 

You come on here talking shit about Datsun events, you bitch about the trophies you should have won, now you want to start calling out others builds as "Rust Buckets". I myself am in this because of the many friends I am making on the way. I could give 2 shits about what people think about my truck. I love it.... what I do like is hanging out with everyone, all the bullshitting, looking at others builds, and hell... even the drama that comes along with it.

You don't like Canby... don't go. Save your petty bullshit show car talk for a someone who cares... I can assure you, we don't

• Like 3