• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's all custom.

Custom billet grille, used to be a thing in USA

Custom square headlight retrofit. Ditto.

Custom lengthened cab. A stock King Cab is an extended cab, but this one has been extended even more.

I figured the grille and headlights were custom or something aftermarket. I'd consider that a crew cab even if it is tiny! I wonder how they did the frame, or if they swapped it.

It'd be cool to see someone turn this into a little diesel flatbed hauler.

I noticed when I had my white car for sale it was flagged almost every day. My ad was completely within the rules of Craigslist and had no typical scammer tag lines, but a lot of people take flagging too far and will flag if they feel the price asked is too high. They fail to inderstand what flagging is actually for.

I'd bet someone on a moral high horse with too much free time felt that coupe was priced to high and felt it was his responsibility to "protect" others. In reality he probably is just jealous. :)

back again.  For now...

Does anyone know what color this is? .. or the 3 digit color code? .. I know it's a re-spray, but do you think it was "931" Mustard, or "102" Mustard yellow, or "938" Sahara Gold poly???

See if the original lister can answer your question Indy.

It's a respray so maybe it doesn't match the original color well.

Maybe that's why there is no engine bay shot.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4973431965.html

A crew cab is a 4-door pickup.

For $1600 you oughta buy that one.

My old neighbor in Michigan actually had an old 60's dodge crew cab, that was his dad's new, and it's a 2 door crew cab. Really cool looking truck in my opinion. Evidently crew cab only means full back seats.

If you haven't seen an extended crew cab, I highly suggest the Google search, imagine school bus with a bed.

If I had $1600 and a plane ticket to LA I'd be driving back to Oregon by now! :)

One month after buying my first 521, I find myself wanting a second! But, no can do.

This guy has been on CL for a couple weeks now: http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4946828565.html

Maybe a Ratsun member?

The dude bought two trucks at a package price of around 1400 or so.. looks like he's keeping one and selling the other to make a sweet payday.

I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to make money, just letting you know you can probably talk him down.. even though he says he's firm.

The dude bought two trucks at a package price of around 1400 or so.. looks like he's keeping one and selling the other to make a sweet payday.

Actually, he might have sold the other one already for $500. I remember watching two 521s in Central Oregon, this one and another.

The Craigslist search alert is pretty addictive.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/cto/4978729758.html

In case anyone is interested, I went and looked at a 83 720 KC on our local (Olympia) CL for $300. It has a sunroof, little rust, few dings... and an automatic transmission. I think I am going to pass, and it is hard for me to say that. I am just not smitten with auto trans in a mini truck, and converting to manual must be a real pain in the ass. This truck probably has more positives than mine did, when I bought it. It has a clock. The interior would be okay, with a cleanup. It has a very straight body and the bed is downright primo. 

It looks like the head gasket let go in one event. He thought that it ran out of oil, or lost oil, but the level is up. It just has the telltale chocolate milkshake look to the bottom 1/3 of the dipstick. No oil present in the coolant reservoir. The engine in there has a lime green block, so I figured it to be a (now dead) Jaspers.

If I didn’t have three in my driveway, I would probably snatch this one. The bones are real good. Who knows, I may have a change of heart yet...

• Like 1

"The only thing i see wrong with it is that boat anchor of a motor"

It looks like it is mounted on a truck chassis, possibly a Bronco.

As for the 5.0/302 being a boat anchor, I disagree, very reliable.

I have used them many times in my engine swaps over the years, two of them in Datsuns.

I run one in my '95 F-150 2wd automatic., 4800lbs without a load 20 mpg @ 65-70. B)