Got a new job :/

When I was unemployed for 1.5 years, I would go garage sale shopping and re-sell the items on craigslist. It was a lot of work re-selling the items, due mainly to the amount of flakes that would swear to god they were coming to pick said items up. However it paid all the bills, and I never got behind. There were a few times when I thought I wouldn't be able to pay all the bills, but I would always make it.

Just to give you a few examples: Coat hanger, and foot locker, picked it up for $20, turned around and sold it for $90. There was a furniture warehouse that closed out and was selling everything at %90 off, picked up a hutch for $300, sold for $700. I bought a large shelving unit for $40, sold it to an art gallery for $110.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could drive all week on a tank of gas in a Datto even 40 miles each way. Downsize your engine dude

my daily driver Datsun pickup is down at the moment due to the rear end being broke.  My 63 mercury wagon is decent on gas, even being a v8 car but its falling apart.  The most I seen it get is 21mpg.  My v8 s-10 gets 23 but the rear end is broke in that too.  My 77 620 hasn't been on the road in a few years, it would take as much effort to get it going again as it would to fix my s-10 or datsun.  There isn't nothing wrong with my 68 Galaxie, but like I said before it struggles to get a constant 9mpg.  My 66 Volvo 122s would get good mileage but I never got it streetable.  It need some parts that I haven't been able to find yet.

I can drive almost every one to the crusher, get 300-400$ each but why, thats a loss of alot of old cars.  A couple years ago I scrapped out two 521's and 6 620's to pay bills.  I also wheeled and dealed junk cars by buying a $300 car, getting it running, trade it for two junk cars, fix one scrap the other.  I did this most of my life.  I've had at least 50 cars in the last 10 years, gave good running vehicles to people because I felt bad for the situation they were in, and always drove the old and unique vehicles.  All the shit I've done for people, money I spent helping would have made the difference up of being broke for a whole year or more.  No one feels bad for me and I don't want them too.  I'm fuked because I spent the last 10 years helping people before I helped my self, now I'm in need of help and no one will help.  I have $$$$ of dollars owed to me atm for jobs I've done, people I loaned money too, etc.

I GUESS I'LL TAKE MY 72 DATSUN 521 TO THE CRUSHER WHEN I RUN OUT OF MONEY NEXT WEEK TRYING TO GET TO WORK.  I'LL MAKE SURE I VIDEO TAPE IT AND POST IT HERE AS ITS GETTING RIPPED APART AND STUCK INTO A PILE SO YOU CAN FEEL THE PAIN I WILL BE GOING THREW WATCHING IT MYSELF.

Maybe you should sell some of those project cars and pick up something like a b210 or 210 and rock an A12 with a 5spd. That should give you something like 30mpg.

That would be nice but they just aren't out here anymore.  I've never even seen another 521 or 620 running around other than the ones I have.  I've only seen 510's in a garage, never seen a 210 in person.  I rarely see a Z car.

Does the 77 620 have a good rearend in it, could put that one in your daily driver

Yes, could use the 77 rear end but that truck is the best driving 620 I ever drove.  Its parked because the brake proportion valve is stuck, just need to bypass it.  I also have a late 521 that was made into a  trailer with a rear end in it as well as a complete rear end out of a 75 620.  I have the parts to fix it, also have the parts to fix the s-10.  Its just cold a hell, hoping for a day of relief.  The Datsun broke a month ago and the s-10 broke 2 weeks ago.  My wagon has been my primary car for about 3.5 years, all the others are just 2nd vehicles / drivable projects to fall back on.  I fell back on everything I had, I had 3 drivable cars 3 months ago, now I barely have one.

One way or another I'm going to have a vehicle to get to work if I have to crawl in the freezing mud and snow to fix one.  In about a month, money wise will just be steady enough to get to work and back at least.  I'm going to try to dive into operating a forklift my first or 2nd day, get my license in hopes of making more money.  I can drive a forklift already, drove one for a couple years at the dealership moving motors, transmissions, rear ends, drums, and doing reverse donuts in the snow.

Sell off the gas guzzlers and list the 521 for sale on Ratsun. Then with the money get on a bus and get the hell out of Kalamazoo. Move to a smaller place or better yet, someplace with decent Public Transportation. Busses, train, light rail, etc you know futuristic shit. Sorry if that is/has been your home, but Michigan is only going to get worse as in die before it gets better. Just heard a long story on NPR last week how the Feds are not going to pump another dime into that place until they can figure out a working game plan. The story said that Philly has its shit together. Good luck with your next move.

This.....

ok skimmed this long ass post. 

I have the ultimate solution. 

Seeing as your a broke ass mofo, you qualify for fafsa (student aid) 

go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ fill out 2013-2014

Go to your nearest community college, Pay the $20-$50 enrollment fee, figure out how to get the maximum in loans, they will help you in counselors office.

You will get about $2500 in cash for living expenses give or take every 3 months. You can keep a lame ass job for spending money. And in 2-4 years your future will no longer look so shitty. And in the 2-4 years when its time to pay back the loans you will be able to afford it with your new kick ass job. :)

otherwise get used to where your at because thats your future. 

I did this but without FAFSA, I qualified but decided to due it on my own. I took a couple classes in CAD, got an entry level job at $15/hr.....learned 3D CAD..... got a better job..... It just takes a little time and money and motivation.

Or u can just get a rich girl pregnant.  

• Like 1
I bought old Datsuns for $200 and sold them for $125
I'm slow on the uptake whatever...lmao!!! If you get student loans you can essentially defer them for the rest of your life by staying enrolled in at least 1 unit of college...essentially free money...
I'm slow on the uptake whatever...lmao!!! If you get student loans you can essentially defer them for the rest of your life by staying enrolled in at least 1 unit of college...essentially free money...

And the worst advice of the year award goes to.....

And the worst advice of the year award goes to.....

Seriously... douche bag thinking like that is part of the reason things are on the decline. 

most of my family has been to college, I went threw two years in the computer field, just to land a $7 / hr job...  Its discouraging.  My mom went to davenport for 4 years studying medical assistant.  She did that quite a while ago, I was still in high school.  In her field she couldnt make any money unless she went deeper into the medical field.  I made more delivering pizzas by far.  My mom hasn't had a job in 12-13 years.  My dad is their only income and technically he should be on disability or having a huge lawsuit against a hospital.  He went in for a test to see if he had cancer, they hit a nerve in his groin area and he can barely walk anymore.  Its causing him a lot of pain, yet he still at 60 years old goes to work.  He is a ASE Master Certified Auto Technician along with all the State Certifications.

I refuse to go to college again, to me is false hope, a waste of time and money you may never be able to pay back.  If I do anything, I'll learn more off my dad and get certified in auto mechanics.  I can already pass at least a few of the state certs.  The problem is, if you are not ASC certified, landing a job for more than 14$ / hr probably wont happen.  My dad has worked for $28 / hr for 7 years straight at Pep Boys, he decided to switch jobs to one a little less pay but 10 miles closer.  That worked out great for a few years, then we worked at a couple dealerships together, now he is back where he started at Firestone.  He's working for 17$ / hr now, almost half of what he made just 10 years ago and the cost of everything has went up dramatically since then.