Got a new job :/

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea my story isn't as bad as it could be, compared to everyone els around here we are doing better than most.  America was suppose to be the best of the best to live, and its obviously not.  Moving out of state for a job that pays decent shouldn't have to happen.  Having to go to college just so you can make a shitty living shouldn't have to happen.  Everyone that is willing to work, should be at least able to pay the bills with what they make and maintain a car on a basic job. 

If life was the way it should be there would be less crimes being committed, less shootings, and so on. 

WHY AM I LUCKY TO HAVE A JOB, REALLY?  I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FEEL LUCKY I LANDED A JOB FOR LESS THAN $9/HR.  I'M NOT GOING TO BEND DOWN AND KISS A MILLIONAIRE'S FEET JUST BECAUSE THEY OFFERED ME A 9$ JOB.  A JOB LIKE THAT SHOULD BE PLENTIFUL AND EVERYWHERE.  LUCKY IS SUPPOSE TO BE SOMETHING THAT DON'T HAPPEN TO YOU OFTEN, LIKE LUCKY TO SURVIVED A CRASH, LUCKY TO HAVE BEAT CANCER, ETC.

You have to be out of your mind to wrench for a living these days.

Yes i know this, my dad and every mechanic in the world hates working on cars.  Thats why I went into computers, I was told that it was the best thing to get into at the time.  Computers are not working out, so Im going to be working in a factory.  I'll probably work there until I can get a CDL for driving truck.

Well I tell you what, you aren't ever going to get a good job with your negative ass attitude. :) .... 

Your story isnt that bad, it was just me and my mom my whole life, my mom and dad were divorced when i was a baby, my dad was in prison my whole life in and out and I didnt meet him till I was 10, Both my parents have been addicted to meth my whole life and my house was always one with a pending eviction notice and the water and heat was off more often than on.

My mom never had a job more than a couple months, and even those jobs didnt pay for the both of us to live along with her drug habits. Even after recently going to jail and almost being charged with a felony burglary for being in the wrong place at the right time designated driving  some friends, I didnt cry as bad as you do. I did a month in jail, lost my job, and ruined my image... I was broke and struggling for 8 months trying to do whatever i could to make payments on my felony bond, that if I couldnt make I would be found and took back into jail. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I figured shit out, enrolled in college, beat my case, sold some things, and moved to another state and started over fresh. Buck the fuck up. 

Good for you! You didn't give in to the "entitlement" crap so many of the current crop of never will be any good at anything generation and went out and did something positive with your life. Yes I am biased in favor of people who take their own futures in hand and don't spend their lives whining and waiting on the public to support them. I expect backlash from the whiners and know how to hit the delete key.

• Like 1

Mike and Sick are right... sometimes life sucks, but you have to take the initiative and do the leg work to make it better. I spent 7 years in the Navy doing computer work and still couldnt find an IT job once I got out. I finally got a call back a few days ago after looking for over a year. If life sucks that much, join the military... they will take care of you. And if you are scared to do that, become a Reservist. You get a monthly paycheck, will still help with school, and you can maintain most of your civilian day-to-day. 

There are always ways to make life better. I just went through a similar situation as you, and its just turning around now. It takes some effort. 

suspect, '63 Meteor??? for real? God love ya! parts for my '64 Fairlane are tough enough to come by. the Fairlane and Meteors are the same body but the Meteors have a lot of unique suspension bits that are damned near impossible to come up with! are you at least running a three speed automatic? mine has a two speed that won't shift until the engine hits operating temp :'/.

Does the 77 620 have a good rearend in it, could put that one in your daily driver?

I just read that you also have a 521, you could also use that rearend in your early 620 DD if it is good.

My 521 has a gm rear end in it, was a buick 3.8, th350 truck most of its life.

my last comment in this thread-

You seem to think the world is out to get you and its weird... Do you think successful people have ever thought any of the thoughts you are thinking? You are the problem, your whining and "oh how my life sucks" attitude is why your life sucks, its not society, the system, or the economy. Instead of looking towards other people for a change, look in a mirror. You cant tell me you tried "so hard" to find a job because if your really put in 100% you would have a great one right now... Untill you have slept in a sleeping bag on the potential employers doorstep, just to jump out when he arrives and say " I need an interview" you haven't gave it 100%. Start being proactive. 

I believe this country is set up to make everyone fail, broke, and dependent on state assistance.  Everyone is so worried about their own pocketbooks.  I don't care much to be rich, all I want is enough to pay the bills, afford to get to and from work, and keep an old car or two going.  You all make me out to be a lazy, ungrateful pos and I assure you I am not.

Suspect your complaining you only make $9hr yet you've said it yourself your not trying to educate yourself to make more.  Im sure most people on this site have put in plenty of time working shit jobs,while juggling school, and family to try and have a better life. And whats with this its America I though it was suppose to be easy shit. Well I hate to tell you its not, a cush well paying job is never going to be handed too you, and when it does well your just going to end up getting half your pay stolen by state and the federal government. This is America its a struggle every single day, dont fool yourself into thinking it will ever be easy because it wont.

• Like 1

all I'm gonna say is suspect has a jay, oh, bee and ain't tryin' to live off the gub'ment. I gotta give the dude respect for that.

suspect, in 2000 I was daily driving my '64 Fairlane round-trip of 62 miles for $6.50/hr for a company that hated to let you get overtime but were really respected in the industry for the training they gave their drivers. I stayed with them for about eight months, got good training, moved on to another company doing the same thing and now make pretty good money and consider it a good week if I get less than 60 hours. keep plugging away - it will get better.

as soon as daylight hits, I'm going to scratch up all the steel I can find to take it to the scrap yard.  I been up all night, couldn't sleep, have a lot on my mind.  My car ins is due the 10th, phone is due tomorrow.  Obviously the phone can wait, but the insurance is automatically withdrawn from my bank account and it will bounce with overdraft fee- all the good stuff.  Today is the start of the 4th week without income and my first day of the new job.  I'm down to my last ramon noodle, 4 pieces of bread, two hamburger patties, 1/2 a bag of apple jax, and a few bottles of water.

I'm optimistic to a point.  No matter how bad its been I manage to come out ahead one way or another.

• Like 1