Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have decided to build my own flares. I will make them RAW, bare metal and tacked together. I will most likely spray them down with some kind of "rust promoter"! That sounds funny!

Here are the pics of my mock-up. What do you think?

flares47-14-13_zps4b758b94.jpg

flares67-14-13_zps456268e0.jpg

flares57-14-13_zps486849b7.jpg

flares37-14-13_zps080faba9.jpg

flares17-14-13_zpsb9281049.jpg

flares27-14-13_zpsf95ef54a.jpg

• Like 6

I like them, but I think they should go all the way down the body instead of stopping at the rocker. Either way I'm sure they will look great. :cool:

Good point! Thx

never rely on other people bob just do it yourself it comes out better 

I think the front and rear edges should be rounded off a bit , not just the rear 

just my opinion though 

I do like the shape it looks great 

can you make it to look like the spoiler (same material ) that might look good too 

never rely on other people bob just do it yourself it comes out better 

I think the front and rear edges should be rounded off a bit , not just the rear 

just my opinion though 

I do like the shape it looks great 

can you make it to look like the spoiler (same material ) that might look good too 

Mmmmm . . . another good idea! I do have more of that stainless steel left. I will have to make this side like that and see how they look. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Amazing build just went thought this and wow some new thing to think about!!! On the metal fs that your working on the520keeper used metal etch also called metal prep or phosphoric acid and it keeps it from rusting. Your skills are very impressive I hope I can get mine stared and done to the high quality that's this was done at.

• Like 1

Amazing build just went thought this and wow some new thing to think about!!! On the metal fs that your working on the520keeper used metal etch also called metal prep or phosphoric acid and it keeps it from rusting. Your skills are very impressive I hope I can get mine stared and done to the high quality that's this was done at.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok so where are the flares come on BOB

you built the car in like 30 days its been more than 30 days and we have no flares :devil:  :devil:  :thumbup:  :thumbup: :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

oh yea awesome vids in the MX thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Flares not done yet.

I decided to race it again this weekend for the last vintage race of the year. So I've been working on my "to do" list from the first race. I relocated the battery and moved the fuel cell over. This created a better route for the exhaust. I built a new exhaust and installed a new Griffin aluminum radiator.

10-23-131_zpsb91b2968.jpg

10-23-134_zpsac6a4584.jpg

10-23-132_zps0113b45a.jpg

10-23-133_zps653fd226.jpg

• Like 4