Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you put an exhaust hanger right close to where your exhaust exits the body? I'm doing something similar but in front of the rear tire. And just about to weld it up... It is my first exhaust system. Pics??? Please.

IMG_1656_zpshxkpr3py.jpg

My mount is 7" from the body exit.

• Like 5

New rear coil-overs installed. The new fronts back ordered. I ran a few laps yesterday but the balance was no good. The front dampers should be here this week.

My buddy Dave Philip got this pic during one of my two laps.

11066515_10204453270788046_8580902617519

• Like 9

That rising sun came out real purdy. The aging looks great. Also, I may be stealing your trailer fender/fender flares idea for my 720. Gonna have to run a test fit and see what I think, but I love the idea and particularly how yours came out. So thanks for that :-)

• Like 2

Just bad ass!

But the roof rack just gave the car the, oh crap I just got passed by a grocery getter with a roof rack

But I guess I'm the minority

But none the less

Bad ass

Also like the Beamer my wife's daily is a 525it that she drives the wheels of

Farmer

• Like 2

New coil-overs installed on all 4 corners. Decided to take it out for a test drive. My beautiful wife Kim was my passenger yesterday in a Time Attack race. It was wet & We Won!

IMG_1768_zpsthdya8ns.jpg

I also found this Awesome vintage license plate on ebay. It's perfect for my 1967 Datsun 411 ! ! !

IMG_1697_zpsa8unenqx.jpg

• Like 7

My beautiful wife Kim was my passenger yesterday in a Time Attack race. It was wet & We Won!

Congratulations!

(insert some obvious comment about wife and back seat driving thanks to your centered seating arrangement...)

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

= UPDATE =

I installed a fresh cylinder head (ported with new fancy valves) and stainless steel header on the Miata engine. I was very optimistic that it was going to be better. My wife and I ran it this weekend at a NASA event at our track. It seemed a tiny bit better, but disappointing. One of my friends was there with his 240 with an SR20. He convinced me that I need to put one in the 411. That way it will be all Datsun drivetrain.

SO . . . the search is on for a SR20 with transmission and uncut harness!

Here are a few pics from this weekend.

IMG_1928_zps6q6ozgd1.jpg

IMG_1926_zps865pc3he.jpg

IMG_1927_zpsxgtbjgac.jpg

IMG_1858_zpsmrlwsjaa.jpg

• Like 7

= UPDATE =

SO . . . the search is on for a SR20 with transmission and uncut harness!

I like the sound of this. Not that I am a purist, but for something this bad ass, I'd love knowing is was all Nissan under the hood.

• Like 2

As far as the SR20, have you contacted Garage Autohero? I've heard he can build some bulletproof SR's. There is currently a SR411 being built in Japan by @5pointzfabrication.. I follow them on Instagram. I figure you've gone this far already plus having the seat pushed back, why not just go RB25DET?

image_zpsf4cepqja.jpg

• Like 2