Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the day I screwed something up. I don't know what I cut that I shouldn't have, but I have no power to the gauge cluster. No tach, no H2O temp, No oil psi . . .

I HATE wiring problems!

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

why not a mechanical gauge cluster? temp and oil pressure are fairly easy, not sure how involved the tach gauge would be.

flares !!!!! where we are going we dont need flares :) cool project i love the rat look

and i really hate how you guys in the states can drive them on the streets like that

here in oz forget about it the cops are money hungry bastards intstant defects huge fines

Okay - quick update.

I just got home and I'm tired. I had a great time. All in all the car performed well. I have a new "To Do" list now.

I will have some in-car video and there were three photographers there. One of the photographers told me that he thinks he got a shot of me going through a left turn over a hill on two wheels! I hope he did.

There were thirty five cars in my run group. My goal was to finish top twenty. I qualified 9th. At the grid they told us that they were inverting the grid and I was to line up in 25th. Okay - lets go!

We rolled up to the start and the green flag waived. I was excited to see what misinformation had in her. I started in second gear shifted to third, I was going up the middle passing some cars and we were charging into the left hand turn one, I made my way to the outside through turn one because turn two is a right. As I expected most of the cars moved to the left side of the track and I shot up the inside. I slipped into line in turn two in fifth place! I drafted down the long back straight and we got up to about 105mph. Turn four is at the end of the straight, I popped inside under braking into four and took two more. I'm now in third place. Going up the hill through a third gear flat out right turn I went around the outside of the two cars ahead of me and took the lead in turn seven. As I exited turn thirteen and entered the front straight I was leading and couldn't see anyone behind me. At the end of lap one I had passed twenty four cars and had built up a 5 second lead! It was awesome! I led the first five laps. Then one of the things I was worried about happened, it got hot. My water temp was up to 235. I had to start short shifting and not revving all the way to redline. I kept going and got the temp back down to 210. I had to let several cars by, but I finished 8th and had a damn good time! As you would expect, everyone then wanted to take a closer look and had lots of questions. It was a great maiden voyage and I'm happy with how she performed. :thumbup:

• Like 10

I am all out of like,s for today I will have to like this tomorrow 

24 CARS IN ONE LAP YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA  

sounds like you need a bigger radiator 

chanting    video video video 

• Like 1