Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

Damn Bob, these flares are just wide enough to cover the tires, but what you think is what counts, will/do they work for you?

Something like this is something that I look at for a while before making a decision, I have seen things that I didn't like at first, but after a while I thought, "well it does work", and then later I decided I actually like it.

A good example for me is the round headlights on a 720, I bought these round headlight grills from overseas, after I installed them, I thought it looked, for lack of a better word, wrong, but I look at it everyday, it's actually growing on me now, and I didn't realize it till today, when I posted a few photos in that "wanting round headlights on a 720 thread", I looked at that front view photo and thought, "Yea, that works for me!"

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wider is better 

low and wide = fast on corners 

yeah i know .......i just wanted to challenge bob ...... he pretty much has blown all datsun projects out of the water with his skill set and ingenuity......a real hats off to you bob .... u have a real vision and drive to knock out these projects ......im sure flared or un flared ,  dumped or not dumped this bitch will eat tarrmac like a fat kid eats cake.....i so cant wait to hear how she beats up the lap times a the track.....almost time to get back to the 710...lol

• Like 1

This is with 13x6" Panasports that belong to a friend. I just wanted to see what they look like. What do you think of the 13's?

This set up will hurt me BAD on braking! I just don't know. I need to change to stiffer springs and cut a little more fender out and try again with 15x6 45-50mm offset wheels.

with13s2_zpsde57c071.jpg

I like the 13's a lot more than the 15's.  I think they fit the car much better.  I bet with some good pads and fluid, braking shouldn't be a problem.

It's not the fluid or pad choice, that's easy, it's the cooling. We have run 13's on the race cars and it's a bitch to cool them. :huh:

Perhaps 14's are the way to go? Time to order in some more wheels!

• Like 1

I have officially entered the 2013 OPTIMA FACEOFF AT ROAD AMERICA

http://www.optimabatteries.com/us/en/experience/optima-invitational/news-and-events/optima-faceoff-at-road-america/

My goal is to do this then do SEMA and hopefully get chosen for this

OPTIMA® Ultimate Street Car Invitational

Then you can all watch me battle on TV!

• Like 4

I think we need a side by side comparison post so we can see all the choices quickly 

15 black 

15 silver 

and 13 silver 

all with flares mocked up 

this is obviously your decision but I am a big fan of 15 inch wheels and tires 

Enkei made a 14x7 rpf-1 with a +20mm offset, for the miata guys. Is that something that would work? Are good road/race tires still available in 14"?

I hope you find what your looking for.

Tires are definitely going to be an issue if he decides to go with 14's or 13's. R888's are about the only choice he's going to have, and even then - the sizes are awfully limited. (Safe for running full slicks!)