Misinformation, look here to get the 411

Bob3

Tires are definitely going to be an issue if he decides to go with 14's or 13's. R888's are about the only choice he's going to have, and even then - the sizes are awfully limited. (Safe for running full slicks!)

That is a consideration and causing a lot of research on my part. Slicks not allowed, must be D.O.T. tires with a minimum 200 tread wear. I'm installing stiffer springs, rolling the fender cut and testing again this weekend on 15's.

• Like 2
  • Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two turns on the track yesterday and the new in-line fuel pump shot craps. :devil:

I installed a stock Miata in-tank pump last night.

Loaded and headed back to the track to try again! :thumbup:

videos are awesome that track looks very flat not much help from any banking

car looks good 

how do you like the handling 

It handles pretty good. It still has stock sway bars and that is not good! I still need to cut some more in the rear fender area, but I'm happy with where it is so far.

It will only get better! :thumbup:

Firsrt lap!

th_IMG_3360_zps25707abe.jpg

Bob, You are having way too much fun! As my grandmother used to say, that guy was holding on for dear life, LOL!  One problem though, needs a muffler with a deeper tone, sound doesn't match the bad ass look, in my opinion, for what that's worth. The black 15s are the best look on the car too. You are my hero too!

• Like 1

It will only get better!  :thumbup:

these are my thoughts exactly but that guy was holding on 

the videos were cool we need more 

are you sticking with black rims and did you get the things we are not supposed to talk about all fixed up 

It handles pretty good. It still has stock sway bars and that is not good! I still need to cut some more in the rear fender area, but I'm happy with where it is so far.

It will only get better! :thumbup:

i assume this answers my question

fucking wow... is that tire rub i here on the onboard video........fuckiing thing looks fun as hell congrats...

Yes that is tire rub you are hearing. I am making a few adjustments tonight and testing again tomorrow. I will also be getting more video!

This is awesome, Bob! Can I feature it once it's done? :w00t: Can't wait to see it next to the MX520.

We are almost ready to do a feature. Do you want to get some pics of the 411 with the 520? My son Tommy is an instructor at the Bondurant Racing School in Arizona and will be here next week. We plan to do a little play time on the track with the two Datsuns. It will go in for the interior work after that with my buddies at EAS (Elite Auto Salon). Ryan at http://www.revvolution.com/ is doing a feature on the build. Contact Ryan and let him know that you did a thing on the MX520 and want to do one on this. His team is going to do a photo shoot and some video.