What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure how I'll do it yet but I'm sure that thread will indeed help.

Also picking up this coming soon.

20150117_170018.jpg I wanted it so got it..

Not sure how long it will end up on the lz but it will at least get bolted on and ran a few times 'really like my SUs' again just kinda wanted it :)

Brake calipers on the way here.. my house.

• Like 6

Hmm. maybe I'll try to go over there Wednesday. Not going to rape me up the ass on cost?

Aberville is a pretty depressed economy ( for many years now)  so he usually has to cut a good deal just to get any business at all.  He did Donovans for $60. and it was a pretty tight sqeeze to get 2 1/2 inch pipe up and aroumd all that shit back there.. Doesn't bang around either. 

You might give them a call first, and tell him your a broke ass student supportng your indigent grand parents or some such story..

• Like 1

Headed to hobospiders on the 24th and that's about 2 or so hours from me so I really want to get my exhaust set up better.

yes, it is loud. i can hear you over my car, with the stereo maxed

• Like 2

So I forgot to say anything about the drive up to hobos.

Well the truck did great!!

3 hours there and back it did just fine.

Even took 3rd gear going 55 or so just fine :) :) broke the shifter knob doing so..

Wayno the Trans did great!

Still have rad leak I need to fix.

• Like 2

Do yourself a favor, fix the leak before it runs out of water, and it will run out of water at the worst possible time.

That's great on the transmission, funny thing, I lost a bearing in my transmission the other day, and a bolt came out of the water pump also, and started hitting the fan, I thought it was the lower bearing self destructing, but it turned out to be two different things on the same trip.

The bearing before it exploded and caused real damage.

DSCN3967.JPG

And the damage to the fan. :(

DSCN3970.JPG

I thought the fan noise was the cluster gear bearing destroying itself, I removed the transmission, which wasn't as bad as I was expecting, put a new bearing in it and put it back together, started it and it was as bad as it was before, so I went around to the front of the truck and was going to rev it and see if I could figure out if it was the alternator going bad, I looked down at the alt. and seen the bolt hitting the fan, I turned it off, put the bolt back in and tightened it, and all was good, so I tore the transmission out because of a bolt hitting the fan, but found a bad bearing, just lucky I guess. :)

• Like 5

I don't know why they fall apart like that, they just do, it's the weak spot in that transmission.

I would not have been happy if I had pulled that tranny out and found only a good bearings, so maybe the transmission gods decided to let me have a bad bearing since I took the time to take tranny out.

I need a transmission jack, I could not get it up there without doing it in three steps, first I got the tail up, then I jacked the front up 4/6 inches so I could get that part on my chest, then I just barely got it up there, I guess I should start doing push ups a week before I do a transmission, that way I might have a easier go of it.

• Like 2

Just started looking thru ur build thread...saw u had an eastwood powdercoat setup. Started scanning 4 more about your results but noticed you have 31 pages! I picked up the same kit + a harbor frt set up bunch powder/masking cups etc...... all 4 free CL. 8 blocks away. Want to polish part of a z22 cast valve cover and 'kote' the rest. Any tips/suggestions? Will spend more time looking thru ur build. I am looking forward to getting my 521 home. Been daydreaming about it all day......

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor, fix the leak before it runs out of water, and it will run out of water at the worst possible time.

That's great on the transmission, funny thing, I lost a bearing in my transmission the other day, and a bolt came out of the water pump also, and started hitting the fan, I thought it was the lower bearing self destructing, but it turned out to be two different things on the same trip.

The bearing before it exploded and caused real damage.

DSCN3967.JPG

And the damage to the fan. :(

DSCN3970.JPG

I thought the fan noise was the cluster gear bearing destroying itself, I removed the transmission, which wasn't as bad as I was expecting, put a new bearing in it and put it back together, started it and it was as bad as it was before, so I went around to the front of the truck and was going to rev it and see if I could figure out if it was the alternator going bad, I looked down at the alt. and seen the bolt hitting the fan, I turned it off, put the bolt back in and tightened it, and all was good, so I tore the transmission out because of a bolt hitting the fan, but found a bad bearing, just lucky I guess. :)

glad u found the bad bearing ;) . had an alt housing bolt back out once on a h20 cooled vee dub. wore a slot in the steel cooling fan on nose of alt. pretty freaky sound as well.....

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I need to bring a few things to Packwood Wa in the Datsun soon. That's about 2 hours from me, no really big hills, its a nice little drive and in the Datsun it would be a lot of fun. I'm not sure when I'd like to go yet. Maybe the 20th Friday.. I don't expect that many people to wanna drive there but I'd love some Datsun brothers in front of or behind me.. so let me know if your even remotely able to.

Maybe set it up as a breakfast fun run.. idk yet.. I do need to take the Datsun there so lets all go!

Not sure how I'll do it yet but I'm sure that thread will indeed help.

Also picking up this coming soon.

20150117_170018.jpg I wanted it so got it..

Not sure how long it will end up on the lz but it will at least get bolted on and ran a few times 'really like my SUs' again just kinda wanted it :)

Brake calipers on the way here.. my house.

u still have this intake/carb setup? for sale? if so pm me

I need to bring a few things to Packwood Wa in the Datsun soon. That's about 2 hours from me, no really big hills, its a nice little drive and in the Datsun it would be a lot of fun. I'm not sure when I'd like to go yet. Maybe the 20th Friday.. I don't expect that many people to wanna drive there but I'd love some Datsun brothers in front of or behind me.. so let me know if your even remotely able to.

Maybe set it up as a breakfast fun run.. idk yet.. I do need to take the Datsun there so lets all go!

• Like 1

Just started looking thru ur build thread...saw u had an eastwood powdercoat setup. Started scanning 4 more about your results but noticed you have 31 pages! I picked up the same kit + a harbor frt set up bunch powder/masking cups etc...... all 4 free CL. 8 blocks away. Want to polish part of a z22 cast valve cover and 'kote' the rest. Any tips/suggestions? Will spend more time looking thru ur build. I am looking forward to getting my 521 home. Been daydreaming about it all day......

It is messy.  I suggest sending it to jrock!

• Like 1