What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha kinda didn't happen...but! He did tell me to head over to his friends shop 'red 521' not on here if I wanted to hang and help with a tranny swap.. guess I'm good luck cuz shit went pretty damn smooth.. it was a good day.. A small meet. There was 6 Datsuns. Hahah. Even got to drive a 4 wheel disc brake 521.

c notched.. fucking thing was smooth!

Stopped great!!

Hey,,  as long as no one was inconvenienced in any way but you to be there,,  i'm cool with it.

:lol:

You should think about replacing the very rear u-joint if you haven't already done so,, as i thought it had a bunch wooble/looseness to it when it was out on floor. If you don't have the tools and such,, if you whip it out and take it over to the Capitol Driveshaft Balancing out on Sleater Kinney could slap one in in a few hours.. They are very fast and cheap considering the cost of mech labor these days.

Capitol Driveshaft Balancing

2430 Sleater Kinney Rd NE Olympia, WA 98506

(360) 456-0402

Sweet banana..

I didn't forget about the u joint, I'll take it out and down to this shop and have them replace all them bitches.. :)

if I'm correct the 720 short shift trans with 620 front case is the same length as the stock 521 trans. 26" right??? But if that's the case I don't need to change the drive line if I was to get the same tranny.

But I'm not sure on everything yet. Hahaha

It seemed like it was just the very back one,, the rest seemed ok,,, And that one, i think,  slids outta the coupling so you would only have to take off the rear end and it's spooky yo. .. I do believe others are using the OG driveline with the 720 boxes.

I'm adding this because there just doesn't seem to be enough funk in this thread.

• Like 1

You only need a hammer and a flat blade screwdriver to change a U joint on a Datsun. Hell you could use a rock!

Now i ain't one to point fingers or nuttin,,,,, but have you seen this picture?

20141101_164145_zpsbka4wxms.jpg

:ninja:

• Like 2