What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If your Datsun has 14 inch wheels, with pretty normal sized tires for that wheel, and has a 4.375 rear axle, like most 521 trucks, and a lot of 620 trucks, the drive line is turning 4,000 RPM around 60 MPH.  And putting in a five speed does NOT slow the driveline speed down.

Very true, the faster your going, the faster the driveline is turning, datsun axles don't have a second gear.

If your Datsun has 14 inch wheels, with pretty normal sized tires for that wheel, and has a 4.375 rear axle, like most 521 trucks, and a lot of 620 trucks, the drive line is turning 4,000 RPM around 60 MPH.  And putting in a five speed does NOT slow the driveline speed down.

00s0s_6tkcnJ7bOni_600x450_zps9o9ryxxe.jp

I'm going to check this out and drive it today. I need a more reliable car to get me to work 45 50 minutes away..

82 LD28 auto nissan maxima.

Talking to the guy who owns it, he said that the car doesn't ding when the cars lights are on and key in the ignition. Also that the blinkers didn't work.. He thinks it needs new relays. But he didn't wanna spend 17 buck for a few of them.. said the car runs and drives great! I need more info! Can I swap the auto out for a Z car 5 speed??

Its 1500 bucks i wanna give him 1100..

not sure what im going to do yet.

Give me info ratsun!! Mike!

I did google such a little bit. But wasnt sure what info i was looking for so didnt know what to search..

That,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the guy is convinced the blood moon is a sign of the apocalypse,, in a couple days.

:blink:

You are lucky my buddy Traci wasn't with us ( that was his brothers' we stopped at) i can tell you for a fact he would have told the guy about you and your girl living together, just to watch the action.  And that the dude didn't get on his bio diesel / imminent world destruction , craziness,,, cuz that shit is intense.

"Life's like a box of chocolate"

Hahahaha. I don't even know how I would word how that guy was.. He cut a tab off a relay that looked like the one the car had...made that shit work.. I mean the car drove good! I would like to see my speed at night tho.. Annnnd if I'm running hot cuz I was missing some water in the rad. Buuut it was a smooth ride haha. I told him I had 1200. Not having it.. 1500 or no deal.. Th

"Life's like a box of chocolate"

Hahahaha. I don't even know how I would word how that guy was.. He cut a tab off a relay that looked like the one the car had...made that shit work.. I mean the car drove good! I would like to see my speed at night tho.. Annnnd if I'm running hot cuz I was missing some water in the rad. Buuut it was a smooth ride haha. I told him I had 1200. Not having it.. 1500 or no deal.. Th

Walk away with your fucks intact. Give him none. 

• Like 1

00s0s_6tkcnJ7bOni_600x450_zps9o9ryxxe.jp

I'm going to check this out and drive it today. I need a more reliable car to get me to work 45 50 minutes away..

82 LD28 auto nissan maxima.

Talking to the guy who owns it, he said that the car doesn't ding when the cars lights are on and key in the ignition. Also that the blinkers didn't work.. He thinks it needs new relays. But he didn't wanna spend 17 buck for a few of them.. said the car runs and drives great! I need more info! Can I swap the auto out for a Z car 5 speed??

Its 1500 bucks i wanna give him 1100..

not sure what im going to do yet.

Give me info ratsun!! Mike!

I did google such a little bit. But wasnt sure what info i was looking for so didnt know what to search..

You want something reliable leave it alone. A 5 speed won't make this a rocket ship. Too much work for no gain.

Too bad this isn't an '83, they had the 4 speed automatic with 0.686 overdrive... perfect for a diesel.

No warning ding to remind you the lights are on is a good thing.

No turn signals could be a bad flasher, swap with the 4 way unit and see.

• Like 1

This is my opinion, and since you don't see me with anything newer than 1980 Datsun 720, that needs to be considered.

That Maxima is just a car, it will never be a hotrod as it's not a performance engine, it's a diesel, if you buy it, just get everything working and drive it, in my opinion it is nothing special other than having a diesel, it is harder to find diesel fuel and now, and it is more expensive than everything else, you can put a hitch on it and drag just about anything around if the transmission will take it, Al does or did just that with his diesel wagon.

They are hard to find parts for, and it is hard to find someone to work on it that knows what they are doing.

If you buy it, get it running properly and drive it, BTW diesels are hard to start when it gets cold.

If it needs brakes, it will need more than just that. 

He doesn't drive it so he doesn't know. 

Find your self an early Altima or maybe a B13(91-94) Sentra. 

Very reliable cars. Easy to work on if need be. 

The Sentras are crazy reliable. 

Nissan Axcess! 

ZXs are fast... a 83 turbo 2+2 would smoke your truck in reverse

But if you have any wiring problem at all under the dash, you're screwed

If I found a good non2+2 turbo for cheap, I'd cash out for it