What I'm working with!

uberkevin

I think that when a cap on a u-joint starts coming loose(if the clip has come off on one side), it will happen fast when driven like the devil is right on your ass, I am fairly sure once it moves just a little, it will move a lot PDQ, I have never lost a clip before on a U-joint, I actually have never heard of one coming off, so I can't really say I have any knowledge about how fast things would come apart, I do know when driven normally a U-joint can get pretty bad before it actually falls apart, Flatcats sister had one fall apart(drop on the ground), and it had been going out for a while, as it wore through, but it didn't fly apart, it just fell on the ground in an intersection.

Whatever happened to this driveline happened fast, it wasn't vibrating, then it was for a couple seconds, then it came apart, or it started coming apart and the rest is history, I think it had something to do with the driveline or u-joint which is part of the driveline, it got out of balance, and then it started moving things around, at some point the driveline/yoke separated from the transmission, and that is likely when the truck got out of control.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would have started leaking fluid again, I personally don't think it was the transmission myself, I think that the transmission just took the most abuse, well other than the driveline.

Mhmm... I'm not saying it was the used clip but that is another something that could have made this happen...

The only other thing I was thinking about is the bushing that banana and I hammered back in, well that thing doesn't just inch it's way out by its self.. A vibration or something had to have been pushing it out or vibrating it out wards.. After we pushed it in maybe the times that I was drive made it inch back out... or fuck idk.. A number of things it could be..

• Like 1

Is there a plate between the trans and block??

Yep, never even took that apart  i just put the collar off your 5speeder,  found shorter bolts and bolted it on there..  The started has no tranny  threads like the 5speed and i couldn't find nuts to fit the bolts, ( which was weird as i have a million but none that thread pitch) ,, so that stopped me for the night. 

Tried my hardest to jerry-rig this thing back together like you had it ,,, and since i have been working on JJs truck lately i have learned some of you guys-es tricks.

:thumbup:

IMG_2356_zps89bcf0ef.jpg

IMG_2357_zps9f3fadee.jpg

UberAlberts contact is jm in my phone.

IMG_2352_zps739274a6.jpg

22nodi.png

• Like 3

Holy shit.. right on!!

I've been working alot.. Looks like I'll be getting about 45 hours a week or more easy. Road trips I can easily get 60 hours. Next week I'll be out of town 4 days...

Also I get paid every Friday morning.. so once I get this cash flow things aren't going to be so bad..money wise... that means more datsun money can be saved..

I work at 930 tonight.

Banana if your home today I'll come by for a few hours and get that bitch on the road. Seems you've got the lz back in. So ill bring the trans mount.. The rad.. and I'll pick up some gear oil too.. oh that reminds me to check the rear diff if it had oil.. ha...

• Like 2

Parent teacher early release week has definitely pinched the monkeying around with it,, but even just piddling around it should easily be done by Friday night ,, so you should be able to just roll from your house, for Leftys meet .. it's always fun to meet-up with other Datsun weirdos,, and discuss plans for government takeover

OH!!

I asked my son to help put engine in last night,, but did i get any??      fuckin nerd was too caught up in his online dungeons and dragons or whatever nerd shit he plays on there to help me.

Fuck that guy.

• Like 4

Hahaha.. I really appreciate the help man!

I normally do everything by my self.. I can't remember how many times I pulled a motor in and out of that thing alone.. With no home even to help if shit it the fan. Ha! That's how one learns tho.. or fuck! When my old 4 speed got stuck in 4th behind my l18 I tired to just pull the transmission without pulling the block.....

Yeahh. Not again... I think I got it pulled back but couldn't drop it cuz of the torsion bars hahahaha..

Parent teacher early release week has definitely pinched the monkeying around with it,, but even just piddling around it should easily be done by Friday night ,, so you should be able to just roll from your house, for Leftys meet .. it's always fun to meet-up with other Datsun weirdos,, and discuss plans for government takeover

OH!!

I asked my son to help put engine in last night,, but did i get any??      fuckin nerd was too caught up in his online dungeons and dragons or whatever nerd shit he plays on there to help me.

Fuck that guy.

And fuck that guy!!

Ya! :fu: :lol:

• Like 1

This just happened this week.

4 days ago

"Let's get it up there and get your shit running first dawg I really don't care bout the monies. All it's doin is sitting in benton city anyway Rather it be put to use then sit"

"Yea dude get it whenever you want"

11 minutes ago haha.

The started has no tranny  threads like the 5speed and i couldn't find nuts to fit the bolts, ( which was weird as i have a million but none that thread pitch) ,, so that stopped me for the night.

Were the holes stripped?

Doesn't seem right. I guess the holes go all the way through and now have nuts on the other side?

This just happened this week.

4 days ago

"Let's get it up there and get your shit running first dawg I really don't care bout the monies. All it's doin is sitting in benton city anyway Rather it be put to use then sit"

"Yea dude get it whenever you want"

11 minutes ago haha.

So it is you paying me for storage fees then. Word.

LMK your plan. Its free and clear to grab.