uberkevin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes flatcat , I will be getting new calipers to replace these I have now.

Doing some reading I came across this..

if you use a long tail 5 speed, you can use a 620 front shaft instead of the 521 front shaft and it is essentially a bolt up job..

you still need to mod the tranny mount, plus make a spacer plate to move the driveshaft center bushing one inch forward, but no need to have the driveshaft shortened and have a splined yoke mounted. i did it this way as i had a donor 620 wreck.

the dogleg is an easier swap, but there is debate that they are a weaker tranny and they are definitely harder to find.

I already have a smaller tranny mount..

Would just need to pick up a front portion of a 620 driveline?? What year? Or doesn't that even matter? Just seems to easy haha

Up to '74 a short 26" 4 speed, pretty much the same as the 510 wagon for gearing, was used in the 620. The 31.5" long F4W71B 4speed was used with that year's L18 engine and later L20Bs for the rest of the run of 620. In '77 the FS5W71B 5 speed was offered as an option.

They are not bad at all also we have a place we could stop at in packwood. Just down the mountain from white pass. But still no way to haul it.

I got two buddies with rigs big enough to haul with, one of the two has hauled my rigs multiple times and I could probably talk him into the trip. I just don't want to rent another uhaul or feel like going over the mountains anytime soon. Otherwise I would help with this.

I'll be buying a bigger truck at some point so I can haul stuff because my s10 is too small and I'm tired of asking people to haul my rigs around

I just wanna work on datsuns and build stuff and engines all day.. machine stuff!

Idk how many times I've read Mikes thread now. .

I figure the z22 is a better block then the ka right?? And I already have arp bolt everything in my lz.. I don't wanna buy all this again for the ka block.. I've got two ka-e's.. well one with no pistons.. and a set of new in the box ka-e pistons.. I just what to build another motor really. So I'll probably just build the ka..

If I could build peoples motors for them I would!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...