What I'm working with!

uberkevin

Were the holes stripped?

Doesn't seem right. I guess the holes go all the way through and now have nuts on the other side?

Cha  cha cha Chia tranny

IMG_2344_zpsc358140c.jpg

IMG_2346_zpseac39ecf.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

Apparently Ted charges extra for trannies that are any good.

:rofl:

Seriously though ,, no it didn't have any threads for whatever reason.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Parent teacher early release week has definitely pinched the monkeying around with it,, but even just piddling around it should easily be done by Friday night ,, so you should be able to just roll from your house, for Leftys meet .. it's always fun to meet-up with other Datsun weirdos,, and discuss plans for government takeover

OH!!

I asked my son to help put engine in last night,, but did i get any??      fuckin nerd was too caught up in his online dungeons and dragons or whatever nerd shit he plays on there to help me.

Fuck that guy.

Now that's funny. I still haven't pulled the A15 cause of a stupid video game...

uberkevin, that looks really scary. Very glad you made it out ok. But the real reason for this post = what color is that valve cover  :ninja:

Apparently Ted charges extra for trannies that are any good.

:rofl:

Seriously though ,, no it didn't have any threads for whatever reason.

The holes go all the way through? I can't find any transmission that does this.  Both 510s, early 620 and 710s had pretty much the same trans as that one. Starters bolt in normally. Maybe Ted drilled them out so he could charge you less for it?

You likely were busy deciding on what you were going to do to keep from dying, it's hard to express what's going on under them circumstances, one likely could write a book about it, "There I was, I thought I was going to die".

You managed to survive, so learn from it and continue on.

I turned a driveline out from under my Nova, that thing could have hurt someone bad, it didn't stop me from power braking, I just made sure no one was beside me anymore, I wasn't going to stop having fun. :lol:

• Like 1

It was also over really fast.. I think because I stayed calm and paid attention to what my truck was doing is how I was able to remember what happened, noise/air/spin..

In other accidents I have been in 'not my doing, Wasn't driving' I didn't have a clue what was going on. One minute we're going around a corner next thing I know we're headed up a hill off the side of the road flipping over the honda.

Definitely pulled the wheel near the end there to not smack into the wire divider more in the rear.. it looked like it was going to take me out right behind the drive side rear tire.. that was after I came out a spin I fucken know that! Haha damn I am really lucky..

:)

At a point in your life you will start to see/remember everything like that, it's not like moving in slow motion, it's more about that you are paying attention, when I first started flying hanggliders, I would be standing on launch, then I would start to run, then I was in the air, didn't remember launching, then one day I had to run farther than normal to get the glider in the air, and I remembered every step, and I remembered every step of every launch after that day.

It can be a bitch to remember everything/see it coming also, like when you see what's going to happen, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Fuck yeah!! Thanks a ton dude!I know no one that would help me as much as you've helped me out!!

I've gotta get to les schwab to get some tires for the pathfinder tomorrow morning... so once I get home from work in a few hours I'll just stay up get the tires I need if I can, then come on over to your place and go for a drive! Make sure the things are okay to take me up to tacoma. .

• Like 2

Fuck yeah!! Thanks a ton dude!I know no one that would help me as much as you've helped me out!!

Don't get all sappy you fuckin weirdo..  All me,  Fat and Ted are doing is trying to get you to the Tacoma Leftys burger meet.  And we don't help everyone but ( looking at you truck) it kinda shows you are not just a fly by Datsun dude ,, like alot of idiots lately.

Lefty's FTMFW!!

I need to take the shims out don't i?

I wouldn't worry to much about them ,, eventually yes but not right this second,  You will need to replace the U-joint closest to the rear end pretty soon ,, as it worn quite a bit.. It will make it till you get paid i'm pretty sure though.

• Like 1

Actually just piddled with it a few hours every day,, a couple small things a day, maybe one big one,  pretty soon there isn't anything left..

I spent more time hunting bolt yesterday that putting them in .. Now i'm not saying leaving the driveline bolts laying along side the freeway is the biggest knuckleheaded move of all time ,,,, but it ranks right up there.

:lol:

"Give it some gas man!"

Awesome work, and fast too! Do you make house calls to GA? :angel:

Haha, yea. I think we've all been there. Luckily the tow driver picked up one of the bolts and tossed it in my truck while I was at work. Took that down to vatozone and got new hardware :thumbup:

I've now seen five datsuns break their draveline or driveline bolts (including my 620). Starting to recommend ujoint and hardware replacement for any 40+ y/o car.