What I'm working with!

uberkevin

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow,,  look at mister big shot with his clean new tools.  

Hey i still would like a sketch and measurements of those brackets before you mount them. if that's possible.

And does your female know any nice girls that are attracted to skinny guys that drive rusty old wagons??

• Like 1

Lexi an I don't have any friends really.. haha me I have Ratsun! And some friends that live in cali. Soo no.. fat510 needs to find a chickadee huh??

Her an I both need to start doing more so maybe we'll make friends.

Had a nice Christmas! Spent it in Packwood, little town near Whitepass, no cell phone shit was nice!

Lexis mom seen how much of a hassle it was for me every time I needed a cherry picker.. Fuck! Even rent one once or twice.

That was the best deal I found online.. 150 bucks shipped! I had it on a list of things to buy on my amazon account..

• Like 2

Packwood is pretty damn cool if you had a way of supporting ones self .

We were moving bulldozers outta Packwood in about 1998 and something broke so we went into tiny neighboring town called Randle to parts store (now closed)  and all the kid behind the counter kept talking about was how he needed to get out of there....  My brother that never says anything says,, "Man there's people that would give anything to live out here,,, look out the window man,, it's fuckin gods country out there!!"

Me ,, "Yup"

:rofl:

• Like 1

I have spent a lot of time in Packwood in the past, my hanggliding friend lives there and owns a motel there also.

I used to hang out with the guys towing up hanggliders at the airport with the yellow Dragonfly ultralight in the hanger.

I had cell phone service there, the very first call I ever made on my very first cell phone was at that airport, I called 911, a guy I knew test flew a ultralight hangglider there, he had never flown one before, he crashed it, broke his back, that sucked big time, I thought he was dead myself after seeing the crash.

He died crashing another ultralight at the Morton airport a few years later, ultralights are dangerous.

• Like 1

I have spent a lot of time in Packwood in the past, my hanggliding friend lives there and owns a motel there also.

I used to hang out with the guys towing up hanggliders at the airport with the yellow Dragonfly ultralight in the hanger.

I had cell phone service there, the very first call I ever made on my very first cell phone was at that airport, I called 911, a guy I knew test flew a ultralight hangglider there, he had never flown one before, he crashed it, broke his back, that sucked big time, I thought he was dead myself after seeing the crash.

He died crashing another ultralight at the Morton airport a few years later, ultralights are dangerous.

Damn! Ha

I love it up there, the cabin is right by butter creek if you know where that is. Lots of elk too!

Theres another cabin we stay at in the blues mountains.. no electricity so it's 10x better! :D

And I'll be sure not to pick up hanggliding... Wayno your going to be at the meet on the 2nd, yes?

Lexi and I will be there! In Pathfinder tho.. :/

I plan on going, but someone needs to remind me if I don't post to that thread the day before and confirm I am going.

Wayno is getting old and forgetful lately, when I organize the parts room, it's like, "WOW, I have one of them, I don't remember buying that", I get to relive owning/scoring that part again.

Damn! Ha

I love it up there, the cabin is right by butter creek if you know where that is. Lots of elk too!
Theres another cabin we stay at in the blues mountains.. no electricity so it's 10x better! :D

And I'll be sure not to pick up hanggliding... Wayno your going to be at the meet on the 2nd, yes?
Lexi and I will be there! In Pathfinder tho.. :/

• Like 3

I plan on going, but someone needs to remind me if I don't post to that thread the day before and confirm I am going.

Wayno is getting old and forgetful lately, when I organize the parts room, it's like, "WOW, I have one of them, I don't remember buying that", I get to relive owning/scoring that part again

^ The best part about getting old :P

Is he all right?

Did he break anything other than the glider?

Did he throw his reserve chute?

Where, dog mountain?

Don't know where he was i believe out towards Packwood though as that is where his brother lives... Out by that Butler creek Kevin mentioned..

Nope on all the rest of it,,, but he did get on a " I need to update my will so when i die" kick ( his brother Victor die suddenly last year too) so that already had him spooked...  I told him he is like a twinky,, he may have already been dead for years,, and just not notice it yet.

Wow, that would be Dog Mountain he was likely at, as all the sites in that area have been lost other than Dog, it's kinda sad, but they didn't fight for any of them, I thought since they didn't fight they would lose Dog also, but they are still there.

That is one of the main reasons I quit flying, all they want to do is fly Dog, that place is so boring after a while, and the only other thing was to tow, and that's expensive.

I am happy that he is alright, he is one of them guys that just wants to fly, but he hung around another group in his area, they flew all these different places, but I suspect they are mostly gone also since Jim Reynolds moved away.

I am glad he is alright, tell him Wayno said hi if you can remember to, but I understand if you forget, I likely would forget.

Don't know where he was i believe out towards Packwood though as that is where his brother lives... Out by that Butler creek Kevin mentioned..

Nope on all the rest of it,,, but he did get on a " I need to update my will so when i die" kick ( his brother Victor die suddenly last year too) so that already had him spooked...  I told him he is like a twinky,, he may have already been dead for years,, and just not notice it yet.

This is me being towed by Bob Mcfee in his ultralight, that is Dog Mountain where all the gliders are on top of the hill, this is one of the best photos I have taken of Dog with Rainier in the background.

Dog%2520mtn..jpg

• Like 3

Fact is I was so busy trying to get photos on that pass that I forgot to fly the glider, the tug pilot flew to slow and the line went slack, it wrapped around my control bar and when it went tight it flipped me upside down, the only reason I didn't hit the ground is because after we passed the hill where all the gliders are, it is basically a cliff, I was over a thousand feet when I got flipped over, I released from the line connected to the tug at about the same time, so it didn't try to drag the tail of the tug down with me.

There is a weak link on both ends of the line, so if I had failed to release, my or the tugs weak link would have broken, it was just less scary for everyone for me to release.

I have thousands of photos as I almost always flew with a camera, I once had a huge military cargo plane with a big ole black nose on it fly under me near Fairchild AFB, he was at a 100 feet, I was likely at 500 feet, I always wondered if that planes pilots seen me, I had to have shown up on their on board radar, but I was flying at legal height, that plane was just to low, coming out of the base, he had lifted off the runway, and made a sharp 160 degree turn right at me, that's when one starts shitting their pants, that plane could have kept climbing right into me, but he stayed low, and when I landed, no one showed up to arrest me.

After that day I stayed ten miles north of that base and Spokane international, it's just not worth it for me or the planes.

Wayno can fly!  Beautiful picture Wayno.  you have bigger balls than me.  I like my feet on the ground not dangling in the air.

• Like 4