First Car?

I Haven't seen a thread for this, So I thought I might as well put it up and have some fun seeing some other peoples first car!

Mine was a 1980 ford fiesta! It was a pretty good little car and you couldn't beat it for $300

Looked similar to this:

ford-fiesta.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first car when I was 14 was a 1975 280z 2+2 bought it for $350 long story short drove it twice couldn't figure out an EFI issue that rendered it undriveable, it was too rusty scrapped the body bought a 1976 280z 2+2 shell with no title that was in perfect condition for $350 no rust all body work done finished it up swapped my stuff over from my first Z and went to get the title and due to some crap I couldn't get it titled ever.

Went out and bought a 1974 260z for $850 and swapped everything over AGAIN (this was the fourth time I had moved a l28 into a Z since I took out the n47/n42 and put in a p79/f54 in the second Z, I got pretty good at it :D ) like suspension motor interior stuff and everything got it driving within 2 weeks of buying it and now at 18 years old I have a rust free gutted crappy Fast 260z and I drive it everyday. :D

My first car I legally drove though was my 1973 super beetle I love that car just had the stock 1600 with dual kadrons it was quick fun to drive and everyone loved it.

I got my first car 3 years ago when I was 14, it was a '72 Datsun 240z with triple 40mm Mikuni's, Cartech blow thru turbo kit, and a lot of other goodies. I toyed around with it for a couple months and decided it was WAY too rusty for my liking. So I went and bought a '75 Datsun 280z off of craigslist for $400 and swapped everything over from the 240z to the 280z and vice versa, and sold the 240z for $400 (It's like trading a rusty shel for a rust free shell :D) So now the 280z is the side project for now, but should be running soon. Then, last summer my dad gave me the family station wagon for a gift for getting my license. Now most kids my age would despise their parents, but I was stoked! My 3rd car is a '93 Honda Accord station wagon with 117k and counting. I've had it since July and I've put 9k on it already. I can't complain at all, it's got A/C, a nice stereo setup, it's low, slow, and it's mine :cool:

Here's the 280z when I first got it :D

xwnih.jpg

1z23qiw.jpg

As it looks now!

t6849h.jpg

245ezoz.jpg

1zm33g0.jpg

34zzk3o.jpg

a4vdx4.jpg

2eds8ww.jpg

Here's the Wagon, aka "Swag Wag"

ei2zat.jpg

2cwvcqh.jpg

fe136v.jpg

1sbg39.jpg

9zyum9.jpg

fmi49e.jpg

vfgqx4.jpg

First car given to me by my stepdad was a '75 620. First car i bought myself was an '83 Maxima. Platinum silver. Loved hearing that woman voice say "your door is ajar". After a while she sounded more and more like a man though. I miss that car. I ran it under the back of a pickup. Top of my bumper went under the bottom of his. Took the hood off, removed the radiator/fan/waterpump unit (now it was one piece) ,pulled the radiator support out enough to fit new parts, then attached chain to tree with car in reverse i pulled it out straight enough to reattach hood that had been jumped up & down on to straighten. Drove the shit out of it. Great success.

A 4 year old '64 Dodge slant six from my dad.

Yeah, I can relate to that ... something like that happened to me too.

My dad told my mother, when I was 3 years old, that the 1926 Ford he was buying was a "father/son project".

Now I will really date myself.

The first car I bought was a used 1973 Pinto Wagon with a blown-up (very low milage) motor, for $350.

The original owner took it to a gas station for an oil change, the drain plug fell out. It seized at the wrist pins.

The car was only a couple years old, and looked like it was brand new. This was before the rear-ender scare.

At first I was thinking of a V8 Pinto project, but the thing was way too clean. I came to my senses, and flipped it.

My dad had a friend at the Ford dealer, so I got a new short-block for less than $350 ... total investment $750.

Sold it in less than two-weeks after buying it, to someone for his daughter to take to college, for $2,300.

That got me rolling...

Then a 1967 Fairlane (289/C4) from a cop, great paint and interior, it needed a windshield & valve job ... $150.

... but that's another story. You were asking about the first. I'm sure glad I unloaded that first one quickly.

First rig for me with more than 2 wheels was this '52 Chev 1 ton. Back in '73, the sawmill at Moyie Springs had just opened a new stud mill, and there was now a market for some stands of jack pine pecker-poles that covered a few hillsides. Got a little Homelite chainsaw for Christmas that year(still have it) and started logging the following summer. Made logs and there were some guys around that had 3PH sharpeners that would buy the stuff too small for stud logs for fence posts.

Shown with some sideboards we knocked up in order to haul a few loads of gravel.

52Chev001.jpg

My dad got me a 57 Chevy 4door Station Wagon for my 12th birthday...

Before i geaduated HS I had owned that and...

66 Charger 440

68 Sattelite 4dr 318

65 New Yorker 2dr 413

69 Valiant 2dr 225

Not all at once, one maby two at a time.

Miss those Big Bodies!