620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody seems to notice the 3/8" NPT plug in the oil galley(front and rear). That took me the most physical effort of anything in building this motor!

2010-11-30+18.49.40.jpg

The entire interior surface of the crankcase was ground down to smooth it out and release the sand from the casting as well as remove casting flash.
it was strange when I started grinding the block how much sand was hitting me in the face!!!

Some people would think this will never be a problem, "its been there 20+ years and I've never had a problem!"
HA! I broke this little "tree" off with my fingernail. This kind of thing can destroy any engine, and if you plan on hitting 7000+ RPMS, everything inside the engine vibrates like crazy.

2010-11-02+17.09.28.jpg

2010-11-01+15.46.40.jpg

2010-11-01+15.45.53.jpg

2010-11-01+15.46.09.jpg

2010-11-01+15.44.45.jpg

2010-11-03+10.59.02.jpg

• Like 1

Yes....Datsunwizard knows his shit.

Asked him many a Q.

Actually......I initially ran the 32/36 on my LZ to break it in ....pulled it.

Bought a brand new 38..... L16 IM ported to the U67....ran it....pulled  it.

Then bought a K14 and fitted some 46mm SUs on it......big difference

L16 Intake has 1.1" ports standard, U67 has about 1.375 ports, MM's U67 manifold is getting opened up to 1.5" to match the intake ports.

Dual SU setup would be ideal for this engine for N/A breathing, although it was built for boost and big power. I think it'll still do good as a N/A engine. 

L16 Intake has 1.1" ports standard, U67 has about 1.375 ports, MM's U67 manifold is getting opened up to 1.5" to match the intake ports.

Dual SU setup would be ideal for this engine for N/A breathing, although it was built for boost and big power. I think it'll still do good as a N/A engine. 

Yeah...typo error on my part, was not a L16 IM I used...lol

Although....I did open the head and intake to 1.5 to match the gasket.

gr10.jpg

gr11.jpg

Hrm, for some reason I did not realize that MM was talking about a ratsun member as his machinist. Thats awesome.

Sometimes I'm a little slow...

M_o_T is the bawse man! We gotta get you up to date with all the ATL peeps. 

Anyways, I'm gonna end up ordering a Nismo head gasket and intake gasket on Monday. We were going to assemble it with a FelPro, but it was slightly bent around cyl 3, so we're considering it trash. Yup. The Nismo is thicker anyways, so that'll help lower the C/R, which we've decided is going to be high 9's ish. Depending on gasket thickness.

Back to the topic at hand though, today at our Import Alliance pre-meet, my buddy hooked me up with some epic vinyl work. Not quite finished yet. Gonna either peel the letter on the gate and let it rust, or do them in black. 

IMAG0569_zps429a3852.jpg

get your brakes sorted?

Sort of. the brake was WAY out of adjustment, which was weird since I just adjusted them less then 200 miles ago. 

It still pulls to the right, but it's not as bad now. As soon as I get back from IA and get back on track, I'm ripping the shoes off and putting on new shoes. It'll only take me a short time, and I have another set waiting. 

Anyways, I'm gonna end up ordering a Nismo head gasket and intake gasket on Monday. We were going to assemble it with a FelPro, but it was slightly bent around cyl 3, so we're considering it trash. Yup. The Nismo is thicker anyways, so that'll help lower the C/R, which we've decided is going to be high 9's ish. Depending on gasket thickness.

L4's and felpro head gaskets never do well together for some reason, then when I saw that gasket was bent, definitely no-go.

L4's and felpro head gaskets never do well together for some reason, then when I saw that gasket was bent, definitely no-go.

i find this funny i have a felpro head gasket and never had an issue unless it blew between all 4 cylinders and thats why i have no compression 

Hey your build is looking awesome!

I got a question, you said your running a Z20 block at 86mm, with NISMO head gasket ?? I can't find any info about a nismo head gasket smaller than 88.5mm ...am I missing something?

i find this funny i have a felpro head gasket and never had an issue unless it blew between all 4 cylinders and thats why i have no compression 

Well the issue I might run into is that my compression ratio with the peanut A87 is going to be high enough, that any imperfections might render the gasket useless in the long term. Plus the FelPro is pretty skinny and is going to raise my compression ratio over a thick Nismo gasket. I also found there's a header gasket available through Nismo that should hopefully get rid of that leak.

Hey your build is looking awesome!

I got a question, you said your running a Z20 block at 86mm, with NISMO head gasket ?? I can't find any info about a nismo head gasket smaller than 88.5mm ...am I missing something?

Thanks!! We're figuring as long as the gasket area is larger then the bore, there should be no issues with the gasket sealing. it's not a huge difference physically. The 2.5mm difference equates to only about .060 IIRC.

Nice tailgate :D

Thanks man  :thumbup:  Yours was inspiration. My buddy started up a vinyl company and needed a starter job, so that's what we did. Came out awesome  :thumbup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided I'm tired of the truck being so many different colors, so at Import Alliance I made the final decision to just paint it white, until I have another car to drive and can tear the truck apart to do it right. 

One of the locals (and a Ratsun member) has a murdered the fuck out slammed S30 that's satin white with black accents that I REALLY liked. Kind of inspiration to me, so this weekend I'm gonna work on finishing up the bed, and getting it ready to paint. I should have the rest of the bed primed/sanded by early next week.

I got a full time management promotion at work now, so I can afford a few extra goodies with my 15% ish raise. A guy down here in GA makes some pretty amazing looking throttle body setups for L6's and L4's that I'm gonna probably put aside and save for next year. Would be cool to run a small turbo & megasquirt through these things.

http://www.extrudabody.com/servlet/the-336/Kit-cln--Datsun-1600-Twin/Detail

Datsun%20twin%20SU_1388c.jpg

The one on the right is what i was talking about...

422854_1566541679864_1122729593_n.jpg

6265159195_e0b8fb32a0_b.jpg

I got a full time management promotion at work now, so I can afford a few extra goodies with my 15% ish raise. A guy down here in GA makes some pretty amazing looking throttle body setups for L6's and L4's that I'm gonna probably put aside and save for next year. Would be cool to run a small turbo & megasquirt through these things.

http://www.extrudabody.com/servlet/the-336/Kit-cln--Datsun-1600-Twin/Detail

Datsun%20twin%20SU_1388c.jpg

This guy has been making FI stuff for a while now. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the guy showing up on the510realm and maybe ratsun to in about 2004-06 selling "kits" to put honda motorcycle throttle bodies on a L4? its the same guy.

thank god the yellow is going away 

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! you make it sound lik the yellow was a bad thing. hell if my truck didn't have a destined pln... it would be yellow B)  only the cool kids have yellow stuff!

thats why i'm not a cool kid.... :crying:

This guy has been making FI stuff for a while now. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the guy showing up on the510realm and maybe ratsun to in about 2004-06 selling "kits" to put honda motorcycle throttle bodies on a L4? its the same guy.

No shit? He's got some pretty awesome stuff. Price tag is a little high, but the stuff looks like it's worth every penny! 

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?! you make it sound lik the yellow was a bad thing. hell if my truck didn't have a destined pln... it would be yellow B)  only the cool kids have yellow stuff!

thats why i'm not a cool kid.... :crying:

No worries man, IT WILL BE BACK! :fu: 

I'm just tired of it being so shitty looking. I started stripping it down over a year ago now, and just never found time to finish it with my always changing schedule. I just want it to be a solid color, and I don't want anything buy white or black, since they are the only cheap paint jobs you can pull off.

But no black, cuz these summers here are unforgiving. 

i just dont like the color yellow even though i had a yellow 610 i always wanted it painted a different color 

I don't usually like yellow, but this shade of yellow is so damn sexy when it's done right! 

• 2 weeks later...