620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a make on this camper shell?  I totally want it.

It's got a tag inside that says Tennessee's finest and nothing further then that. Not sure if it was made by them, or just sold by them, but I know they're no longer around.

Truck is looking fantastic, good to hear you got the bugs worked out. :thumbup:

I really like how the motor sounds. Nicely done.

Thanks guys! Feels nice to have some power under my feet now. 

so how much did the build cost all together? how much better is it then the l20b

He's really the wrong person to be comparing anything to an L20b since his was half disabled and not running anywhere near what it should have been :rofl:

^^THIS :rofl::rofl: Honestly, I could imagine an L20B would have about as much HP as this does right now, still dealing with jetting problems. The torque on this thing is unimaginable though!

I'm up to maybe $2500 all included (fluids and such too) almost $400 alone into the clutch/flywheel. It's worth a hell of a lot more then i payed for the motor though, M-o-T is awesome and gave me a really good deal. I'm gonna add up a price sheet soon and see where I stand.

Also kinda pissed that Nissanparts.cc didn't get me my parts until I asked to cancel it. PISSED.

1002721_10151655308754266_2124255567_n.j

But that's okay, because the head is seeping oil on the drivers side of the block.Gonna need to replace the crappy failpro gasket.

• 4 weeks later...

So I did my first compression test on the new motor.... Been what...2 months now? 

Looks like it's time to take it apart soon. Gotta find time to check valve lash first. But I need to take it apart for a new timing chain anyways, since the Camelia we had was too short. Think it was for a Z20 or L18... just reused the old one that was in decent shape. 

740703_10151713460389266_253314783_o.jpg

IMAG0951_zpsd0b18f17.jpg

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • 3 weeks later...

Side drafts coming soon! Gotta wait it out though... bills first, toys later.

After my trip to Indiana I came home from work the first day, and was replacing bolts that had fallen off the alternator. Just my luck. No biggie, I had it done in less then an hour after finding the right bolts.

IMAG0935_zps23fba041.jpg

FINALLY got the bed pretty much sorted out and sealed with some cheap rattle can primer. Also multi functions as a guide coat to help me finish up all the little dents.

IMAG0993_zps4f879a0e.jpg

Gutted the 32/36 a few nights ago because of a few stupid issues I was having. Tired of this shitty carb. I can't get this motor to run perfect on it. Too small, not even the newer 5A so it sucks to get idled perfect. Blah blah I could go on for hours...

IMAG1016_zpse9335482.jpg

NOW got another 'assistant' on the datto, helping me get bodywork/paint done. Old high school friend that's helping me through the tough times... helping her in return. She's pretty badass, loves the truck, loves photography, loves...well everything. Pretty awesome chick.

1102581_10151755883154266_1995455310_o.j

Sanded the bed today with some new tools I picked up at a good price, and tossed in some Herculiner that we had at AZ for cheap... saw it on another 620 and I really liked it so I'm gonna rock it for a while. 

IMAG1022_zps72459ab7.jpg

First coat on the bed.. I'm really happy with how it goes on. 

1146765_10151756151599266_1327836712_o.j

Anyways I'll be back later with some badass pics me and Alex took of the truck. As well as a vid of the new exhaust. I played around with it a little bit more and I'm pretty satisfied. Just need to fix the hangers. 

Thanks guys!!! Radim, I think they'll probably be out of my budget right now, cuz I'm a cheap ass :( Unless you want to let em go for somewhere around say...$300 which I doubt lol.

They would go good with this fun LZ ;) BTW Alex also took this picture! Chick has badass photo skills. Add in my awesome editing skills...

9434151064_436d7b521a_b.jpg
Fun by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

SoCal need more chicks like that. :(

Honestly, I don't remember how much I payed for them, refreshed they're rebuilt, let me take a look at them later and I'll see how much I'll ask fo' dem.

whats up with number one cylinder?

gonna get the carbs on it and see if it will seat the rings more, or take it apart?

So the carb could not be supplying enough to properly break in the engine?  I am about to have a LZ too and was going to run my 32/36 weber on it until I find a pair of SUs.  Would not want to put the engine together to take it back apart again.

with the history ive seen of running a small weber for a performance engine breakin, its been bad.

micromachine built an lz23, ran it with a weber, and it seemed the #1 never really set in. has similar compression results as matts getting..

micro ended up putting a set of SUs on his if i remember, but never really got it 100%

matts might still take, maybe not though...

in all honesty, it might be worth taking it apart to make sure the cylinder and piston arent messed up...

The 32/36 is in NO WAY a performance carb. Especially to my LZ where the intake ports are bigger then the carb barrels.

I have a 38/38 on the way that should be here soon and I'm hoping that really wakes up the motor because it chokes like a fat kid with asthma with this little 32/36 on it. 

It will probably have the piston removed and inspected when we do the head gasket/timing chain just because it's simply easy once the oil pan/timing cover is off it's just two nuts away from dropping out. 

Down the road the LZ will be either getting boost w/ megasquirt on a shortened L28ET intake or Weber 40's/44's. I'm just short on cash so the 38/38 should happily hold me over until I can get more money to the side. 

38/38 is BY FAR superior to the 32/36. 

I've got a hell of a lot more bottom end. My mid range has significantly improved. I come off of lights with tires spinning at quarter throttle. Not kidding here. Throttle response is instantaneous.

The idle is PERFECT. I struggled to get the 32/36 idled properly. Sometimes it would idle high, sometimes low. It was never right. But the 38/38 bolted on and ran perfect. I could idle this thing down to 700RPM if I wanted to. But I idle at about 1000 for best quality. 

This is such a great feeling. I have a slight stumble transitioning into partial throttle from coasting. I had that with the old Weber too so I'm not sure if the two are related, or coincidental. I'm sure my issue lies elsewhere.

Oh and the exhaust doesn't even sound the same...my neighbor walked over after I took it for a short drive to tell me it sounded like a rocketship.