620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most areas of Georgia do not have to worry about smog. Its only 13 counties(?) around ATL that currently have smog restrictions, and even then there is a year exemption for vehicles older than 25 years. Luckily that means even in ATL the Datsuns can run free without going to the sniffer stations :thumbup:

Really liking the build man. Stupid gym dues hit me hard this check but I should be picking up my Z22 block next weekend if it is still in the yard. I'll also be in the market for an open chamber U67 if you know of anyone who may have one. Are you planning to make the next ATL meet?

About the valve cover, it literally doesn't line up with the head! Strangest thing I've ever seen. It's off by a few millimeters. I'll post oics.... I have them.

The motor did not get finished today. We ran into some issues, and even though they were resolved we had no more daylight left. It's only small stuff left to do, then break in the motor. 

What did the motor come out of and what did you have done in the block?  Is there no smog issues where you live?

No smog here. It's a Z20E block, probably from a 200sx. It's got an 86mm bore which is about .30 over bore. Long rods, Z22 crank, 4G63 forged pistons with fully floating wrist pins, etc. Lots of stuff!

Really liking the build man. Stupid gym dues hit me hard this check but I should be picking up my Z22 block next weekend if it is still in the yard. I'll also be in the market for an open chamber U67 if you know of anyone who may have one. Are you planning to make the next ATL meet?

Thanks man! Sucks that I didn't check this thread first, I offered my U67 head for cheap to a friend. If he backs out or changes his mind, it's all yours!!

you haven't relocated the oil dip stick? how you plan on checking the oil? :confused:

We moved the dipstick :P If you bend the dipstick tube slightly, you can bring it out right past the header. I don't think it would work with a manifold though since it's larger.

With an L pan, the dipstick is too long and misses the sump, so you have to trim an inch or so to get it right.

IMAG0736_zpsef123bc3.jpg

out of curiosity, i have heard there is a gap between the timing cover and head on a setup like yours, this correct info? and if so how did you go about filling it?

from what ive heard the gap is only there when using a z24 block

^^^This. The Z20 block and L20 block are nearly identical in every way. Just minor differences. There are a few holes in the block that need to be plugged, but other then that it's pretty much perfect.

8913777546_0330ca3cf3_b.jpg

8913158289_9290f8f5f8_b.jpg

8913157651_c81870c62b_b.jpg

8913156853_538673dbbf_b.jpg

A87 Peanut by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8913775204_5e2154945d_b.jpg

Dat purp by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8913154821_139a6561cb_b.jpg

LZ22 by metalmonkey47, on Flickr

8913249281_452ae961e8_b.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys! The credit all goes to Master-o-turbonics! This dude built me a KILLER MOTOR!!! 

Now for the latest, FUCK MY LIFE...

I pressed the clutch and bam, straight to the floor. Bled it and it got worse. Absolutely NOTHING. Pulled out the clutch master and started disassembling it to check everything out inside and found that the piston was jammed inside of the bore and wouldn't budge about 1/2 way through. Put some air pressure on it and POP... came out.

And this is the spring. 

IMAG0738_zpsaa50d47e.jpg

Nice right? Fuck me this is stupid. I just want to drive my truck!