620 FUNK! **NOW with Stroker!**

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38/38 is BY FAR superior to the 32/36. 

I've got a hell of a lot more bottom end. My mid range has significantly improved. I come off of lights with tires spinning at quarter throttle. Not kidding here. Throttle response is instantaneous.

The idle is PERFECT. I struggled to get the 32/36 idled properly. Sometimes it would idle high, sometimes low. It was never right. But the 38/38 bolted on and ran perfect. I could idle this thing down to 700RPM if I wanted to. But I idle at about 1000 for best quality. 

This is such a great feeling. I have a slight stumble transitioning into partial throttle from coasting. I had that with the old Weber too so I'm not sure if the two are related, or coincidental. I'm sure my issue lies elsewhere.

Oh and the exhaust doesn't even sound the same...my neighbor walked over after I took it for a short drive to tell me it sounded like a rocketship.

It's great that the 38 works. But there was/is something wrong with your 32/36.Keep working on the idle thing.I have no issues with my Weber.

You should be able to run a B-210 carb with proper jetting. Carbs only mix gas and air but getting them right is the thing. Admittedly matching the proper size is important. The 32/36 should have run better and the random high idle suggests worn throttle plate shaft, but whatever, I think it had problems and should have ran much better. I definitely think the 38 is the right choice as you....

On occasion drive aggressively and this isn't a Ford Tore-Ass station wagon.

Have a larger displacement motor that ...

Has a larger cam and 'performance' head on it.

the KA screams with the 38.. revs so quick, i fear i need a rev control of some sort...

Farmer I think this is because of the dual KA intake valves that give superior breathing. All it needs is a big carb to feed it. I'm hoping that the KA head I put on my 2.3 will rev out of sight the same way

• 1 month later...

Been a while since updating. Kinda bounced around a few issues since then

the 38/38 has 145 jets, which seem to me to be too small. Skipped to 160 jets (had two of them sitting around) and the stumble went away, but it was running PIG RICH and flooding at idle. I went back to 145's. I can't get this thing to idle out properly. Seems like no matter what idle air adjustments I make, it ALWAYS idles rich. (Choke open and engine up to temp). It's been a bit of a bitch, but it's consistent. I'll figure it out, or I'll get side drafts.

I'm ready to drop the trans again. LZ is leaking oil from the pan, don't know why, trans feels like it's falling apart inside, brakes get weaker no matter what I do, they seem to drag and not release. Fuck em, tired of playing. Buying Z32 conversion parts soon.

Also ready to get rid of torsion bars. Ripped the key off TWICE in the last two weeks. Can't get the clip out that holds it in place so I just hammered it straight. I need to get a coilover setup on the front.

Sad thing is that all this shit I wanna do I CAN'T do because I'm either working, (overtime doing nearly 50 hours a week ish) OR it's because I have to drive it the next day and can't afford to buy another car.

Anyways, blah blah just figured this thread was due for an update. I need to get a lot done on my truck...I'm just not really enjoying it right now.

IMAG1071_zps24f50c1e.jpg

yeah, i had to spin mine till the opening in the C was facing down.

then i set the plier handles in the C. it would kinda look like this " C>< " from the side if that make any sense.

with the pliers set in the C, then you can hit the other end of the pliers, and it should pop off.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, i had to spin mine till the opening in the C was facing down.

then i set the plier handles in the C. it would kinda look like this " C>< " from the side if that make any sense.

with the pliers set in the C, then you can hit the other end of the pliers, and it should pop off.

You're awesome man! That worked so well it was scary. I fought for an hour one day, eventually gave up. Finally got around to fixing it again today and that little truck was amazing.

Yeah, I broke it again. But never again thanks to the re-indexed torsion bar.

737177_10151882407209266_890714452_o.jpg

You're awesome man! That worked so well it was scary. I fought for an hour one day, eventually gave up. Finally got around to fixing it again today and that little truck was amazing.

Yeah, I broke it again. But never again thanks to the re-indexed torsion bar.

737177_10151882407209266_890714452_o.jpg

Been there :lol:

Nice vice :cool:

How are you going to address the throttle linkage?

We'll see. Probably shorten the Z car linkage and weld it back together.

Been there :lol:

Nice vice :cool:

Harbor freight  :thumbup:

i had a tire shop fuck up mine....

not as bad as yours though holy shit

You should see my trans crossmember man. It's terrible. My fault though, forgot to tell the tire shop to watch that.