'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

After waiting for several weeks, my fuel cell finally showed up today...   :thumbup:

And instead of the powdercoated black version I actually ordered, they sent me the polished version...   :sneaky:

20141208_171331.jpg

And the asskicker? They said the long wait was to get a black one...   :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i like shiny

but the shiny one is uhmmm shiny  :rofl:

I don't mind it. Just need to make sure it's mounted far back enough in the trunk that when I drive it on a sunny day I don't catch a glare off it while driving. That would annoy me.  

Tim suggested painting it with a transparent red or black to make it look like a "candy" color. May do that if the glare is a problem...

Or cover it with stickers...    :rofl:

Lots of cars from the 80s and 90s did. Wouldn't be too tough to mount the roller on the floor and something for it to catch on at the top. 

I made one for my '85 Shelby Charger out of a roll-up shade from the hardware store.  Fun thing about it, when you released it, it went "Shuuuuuk, fwap, fwap, fwap!"

• Like 2

http://www.blindster.com/roller-shades/vinyl-roller-shades/?gclid=CNjFufbSwMICFQUIaQodZIkA_w

Might need a time machine to buy one of those...   ^_^

You worried me there for a second.  I immediately thought "those aren't still a thing?  Nah, I'm not that old yet."

I do remember when those were "modern" and Venetian blinds were old school.  Though we didn't say "old school" back then.  Maybe I am getting old.

• Like 2

airplane junkyard would be cool just to browse and get ideas. WWII Bomber buckets and harnesses...

Yeah, I was hoping to find some stuff like that but no such luck.  :sleep:

This yard is mostly all light aircraft, like Cessna/Beechcraft/Piper. I'd love to hit up one of the big yards in the desert with older heavy stuff...

Was able to find a cool aluminum fuel filler for the other 1200 we're building, as well as a bunch of cool Beechcraft switches.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

are you cutting out the spare tire well to install your fuel cell?

I'm afraid not. Cell will stay above the floor. 

The whole reason I went with a cell in the first place was for better exhaust routing. And I didn't like the look of the stock tank hanging down below the car. Sinking the cell into the floor like most race cars would defeat the purpose.   B)