• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Crossmember and diff back in...

20141101_132722.jpg

Got a 2013 Dodge Challenger front spoiler and gave it a test fit. Had to cut about 5-6" off each side (may have cut too much), but it fits okay. I'll probably keep looking...

IMG_20141101_130949.jpg

Got started on the shift boot also. Pics to follow...

• Like 3

The console I'm using came from an automatic car so it doesn't really have a place to attach a shift boot, only the four holes that the shifter bolts into. So I had to get crafty...

20141031_175709.jpg

Cut two pieces of styrene sheet to the width of the opening, then drilled holes to match up to the holes in the console, and rounded off the edges... 

20141101_152155.jpg

Then used some material to sew up a new shift boot, inserted the plastic pieces inside the boot, then used them to bolt the boot down with some 3/16" bolts and nuts...

20141102_191129.jpg

Stays nice and tight and even looks semi-professional.   :rofl:

I used some spare fabric from the boot to make a pad for the cubby in the front of the console.  :thumbup:

• Like 4

its almost Dec!!! 

Yeah, I know...   :blush:

any progress on fuel cell??

Not yet, but getting close. Too many projects straining the budget. May have to bail on one or two to help this one get finished... 

And while I'd love to stick to my December 21st deadline, better to miss it and do it right than make it and cut corners, ya know?  :thumbup:

• Like 1

What camber plates did you go with up front? I don't recognize the shape or color.

They are made by Ground Control. Most people don't run them because they require a good bit of cutting to fit. But they offer way more camber adjustment than the usual "bolt-in" options.

Picture_007.jpg

These were actually fitted by the previous owner, but I dig them.  :thumbup:

• Like 2

They are made by Ground Control. Most people don't run them because they require a good bit of cutting to fit. But they offer way more camber adjustment than the usual "bolt-in" options.

Picture_007.jpg

These were actually fitted by the previous owner, but I dig them.   :thumbup:

Looks like they would have a bit of caster adjustment as well if the the fore-aft slots were usable. Nice looking plates. :cool:

Looks like they would have a bit of caster adjustment as well if the the fore-aft slots were usable. 

Yeah, not sure why he did that. He lurks on here so maybe he'll speak up.   ^_^

I will probably at some point re-drill the front holes so that I can add some caster to it.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

should have made the boot longer

Thought about it. Still have a lot of this material, so...

Also thought about the taller knob (hehe), but this is about as tall an overall height as I would want it to be (4" knob).

I think a good compromise would be to keep this boot, shorten the shifter about 4", then use the 8" tall knob. Then the overall height stays the same, the boot comes all the way up to the knob, but the boot isn't too tall.

• Like 2