'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been a hug fan of the plastic coupe grill, and since I've always wanted to use the sedan grill I had collecting dust for 10+ years...

I like the way the headlight surrounds fit a little more flush. Thankfully the mounts for these are on the coupe even though they aren't used for anything...

20141122_132111.jpg

The mounts for the sedan grill, not so much...   ^_^

Added some L brackets to the top to line up with the coupe grill mounts, and made some brackets to attach the bottom...

20141122_132055.jpg

I really do prefer the look of the sedan grill. Tim says it's because it makes it look more like a 510...   :rofl:

• Like 3

Getting antsy for my new wheels to show up. Remembered I had one wheel that is the same width and offset as my new fronts so I gave it a bash...

Fairly aggro fit...

20141122_132442.jpg

Looking straight down, the lip is about 2-3mm inside the flare lip (what you see in the photo is the bottom wheel lip)...   B)

20141122_132451.jpg

So I think the -25 offset will be perfect for the front. Just hoping the -50 isn't too aggro for the back...   :rofl:

Tim says it's because it makes it look more like a 510

No, I said you prefer it because it (the "Grands Pa's" grille) looks like a 510's (grille).  There's nothing in the world which will make the gorgeous 1200 Coupe look like a recycled old Fiat... oops, I mean a 510.