'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

I want your wheels... 

Not very expensive ya know. You don't need to take mine...   ;)

I kind of feel a little guilty monopolizing his time today because I want to see those hell-of deep rears on the car!

I get the feeling my car may be neglected for the next several weeks...    ^_^

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This wheels look good.  You have had a lot of sets on that car

Seven sets at last count. Still never driven it.   :rofl:

Those are some hella-long wheel studs.

2.5" ARP studs. I use them on everything.   ^_^

You adding spacers to get them to sit just "so" with the flares? 

That was the original reason. With these wheels, it may not be so necessary...   

• Like 1

Decided to check something I had just been ignoring, and that is... Will it turn?   :rofl:

All the way compressed...

IMG_20141202_110729.jpg

Tire clears the flare in the front by about 20mm. Tire clears the footwell by about -5mm.   :rofl:

Debating on giving the footwell a "massage" for tire clearance, or just reworking the T/C rods to dial in a bit more caster. Need to lower it another 15-20mm and see how it clears then first...   B)

• Like 2

In the immortal words of Skrillex:

"They say I lost my marbles but I've got these beats bangin' out the back of my toy car... Aye yo, I'm eatin' fun dip right now, not givin' a f*ck!  MWAH!"

• Like 1

Sooo....  May have bit off more than I can chew...   :rofl:

Turns out I should not have ordered the -50 wheels. It's a no go.   :sneaky:

A little too "flush", and it rubs the flares a lot...

20141206_130852.jpg

The -25 with a 10mm spacer is just about perfect...

20141206_130807.jpg

So now I need to order two more of the -25. Thankfully they are cheap...   ^_^

Full body shot with both -25 wheels. That's a sex machine right there...   B)

20141206_131009.jpg

• Like 2

Fantastic!  When do we get to see it on the ground?

Probably in a couple of weeks. I need to install the front spoiler, finish buttoning up the rear suspension, then I'll probably roll it outside for a few oics. 

Still need to mount the muffler and fuel cell, but that can wait. Oics must come first.   B)

Moar pics of the rearend work. I want to do this swap for my 1200 some day.

Look through these and see if you can handle it...

Make some brackets like this...

crap_003.JPG

Bolt to leaf spring mount, cut the mount off the end of the 510 crossmember, test fit...

crap_0051.JPG

Weld them on...

irs_001s.jpg

Paint it pretty...

irs_003s.jpg

Bolt that into the car, install the diff into the crossmember, then make your 510 mustache bar a bit taller...

today_006.JPG

Then drill some holes in the frame rail above the diff. and bolt it in...

crapamoly_009.JPG

Weld some shock mounts onto the control arms a bit out from the stock location (preferably prettier than mine) and buy some front shocks from a '61-66 Chevy truck...

crap_006s.jpg

Cut the dust shields off and bolt those in...

crap_009s1.jpg

Clean and paint the LCAs...   :rofl:

002s.jpg

I used 2013 Hyundai Genesis rear springs, cut down a bit since the top of the spring is 2.5" ID (for coil-over perch possibilities), and same size as 510 spring on the bottom end (sort of beehive shaped stock). Hyundai spring with Hyundai spring pad...

007s.jpg

Make some upper spring perches that bolt to the frame rail, run some new brake lines, and you're pretty much there. 

And, all that was taken from this thread. Not sure what else I can show you.   :rofl:

I would have loved to copy the shock mount set-up from the GC10 Skyline (and still wish I had). I like the way it works...

GABs016.jpg

• Like 2

I have no idea what just happened and I can't make it go away. :confused:

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

So what were you trying to do?  ^_^

Still dealing with a wireless mouse that does double hits. Was going to say that most of the 1200 Sedan pictures that I see do not have the grille emblem. Maybe that is because only a handful exist that are actually available. I have only seen one on ebay and it was beat to hell and cost $200.00. A proper sedan grille needs a proper sedan grille emblem. Sound somewhat familiar? 

The fella who inspired me to do this is called Graeme. He did this to his rally car in Australia. And he never broke it, so...   B)

Graeme's car:

awezbk.jpg

2eqh28g.jpg

He did his shock mounts a little different because rally car. Needed a longer stroke, so he added shock towers to the wheelhouse...

n4uq9y.jpg

• Like 3