'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested in that. Mount it under the passenger seat so that the dash stays intact. Sounds like a really nice unit.

I got it! Mount it under the passenger seat facing forward, mount a small mirror where the passengers feet go, shoot the remote at the mirror!

^_^

• Like 2

I actually never said what pump, so...  ^_^

Basic low pressure Facet...

41-2010-8-2.jpg

Have you used one of these types of pumps before?

I will need to buy a electric fuel pump to run a 32/36 Weber and want to know what works good

Have you used one of these types of pumps before?

I will need to buy a electric fuel pump to run a 32/36 Weber and want to know what works good

I'd say we've used that pump maybe 25+ times? Only downside is that it has to be mounted right by the tank (as mentioned it likes to push, not pull). 

Lots of pump options out there, you just want to keep it around 3psi max for a 32/36. Also used these with decent results. Not as good, but easier to find (usually at your FLAPS). 

• Like 1

I'd say we've used that pump maybe 25+ times? Only downside is that it has to be mounted right by the tank (as mentioned it likes to push, not pull). 

Lots of pump options out there, you just want to keep it around 3psi max for a 32/36. Also used these with decent results. Not as good, but easier to find (usually at your FLAPS). 

All electric pumps need to be mounted as close th the tank as possible, if you do your research.

All electric pumps need to be mounted as close th the tank as possible, if you do your research.

You are correct that near the tank is always ideal, but some pumps do work just fine mounted away from the tank, or higher than the tank. I wouldn't, but they do.

These have to gravity feed (not just be close to the tank) or they die a fairly quick death. 

• Like 1

I have used one of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-12-802-1under the hood in the past.  I did strive to keep it as low as pooible for some gravity assist.

I was actually looking at this pump, but it got reviews as being really noisy. Was this your experience? One review said it needed rubber mounts to keep it from being louder than the engine.

I was actually looking at this pump, but it got reviews as being really noisy. Was this your experience? One review said it needed rubber mounts to keep it from being louder than the engine.

Yeeeaaaaaaaaah, then there's that.  On Lil'Wiggly it did drown out the sound of the engine, until the Nismo Race Cam #1 broke a couple rockers.  Ain't NO drowning THAT racket!  I didn't run the pump very long on your car, just long enough to fire up, and overheat,  that abomination of a turbo engine that "someone" built.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Used the stock splash shield made to cover the tank inlet pipe as a fuel pump mount...

20150207_091933.jpg

Had some fun with the hose routing just because...   :rofl:

20150207_121039.jpg

From the side the only visible bit is the lower mounting bolt for the pump...

20150207_121116.jpg

And as low as the car will be, I think it'll be all but invisible...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Ah, I see now. Sadly not sure that pump will work on the new coupe, as debris scares me on the road :P

It would still work great on the 4 door since the tank is in the trunk, but oh well. Thanks for the info though, still looks like a really nice setup.

not sure that pump will work on the new coupe, as debris scares me on the road 

That's what the shield is for.   ;)

It would still work great on the 4 door since the tank is in the trunk, but oh well. 

Honestly, these are just loud enough that I hate having them inside the car...   :rofl:

Trying to decide what I wanted to do on the pedal pads since the 510 pads I have on there now don't fit well at all...

Found these:

20150209_213210.jpg

They are pads for a D21 truck, but are a dead ringer for the stock 1200 pad. And they also fit perfectly.   B)

Being about $4-5 each new is a nice bonus too.  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I've read lots of good about this style of Carter Pump

Never seen anyone use one, and we certainly haven't. May give it a look...

Ordered two more wheels today (the -25 offset) and they should be here Tuesday.   :thumbup:

UP42889_L_1afbe112.JPG

So if I can get the brake lines done in the next couple of weeks we may be able to finally roll it out for some better pics...   B)

Indy would be proud...

• Like 2

I have personally seen multiple of those little square pumps die.

So have I.   :rofl:

But it's the only pump that seems to work well on the A-series without a pressure regulator. These engines run best at 2-2.5psi. This pump runs right at 2.5psi. 

If it wasn't for me not wanting to have a regulator/gauge in the engine bay, I'd probably have run a different pump. 

These do tend to last a bit longer when rubber mounted (as I did), so here's hoping it lasts a few years at least.  :thumbup:

• Like 1