• 1 month later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thats already in the works my friend

Heres a little sneak peak from this past weekend at Spring Fling in panama city beach florida.

SpringFling109.jpg

Both bed rails are done now. Next is making a rocker for the bed, and extending the back and making a roll pan. Im hoping to have all that done by Unite toward the end of may. My new shop will be up after that, and im hoping to have it ready for sema this year. The motor guy is also building me a 250rwhp KA right now, so be on the look out!!!!

On a side note, what do yall think of the front end conversion me and my buddy did on this bronco we are building.

SpringFling17.jpg

Looks great!! Good work. I 'd like to do something similar, but my welds still look like shit!!

*about the ford* The job itself looks like good work, but I am not too into the front end on that truck. It's too round and bulky, the rest of the bronco is too squarish to flow fright with the newer front end imo.

Another shot from the show:

SPRINGFLING08S7304435.JPG

Also at the show i had my buddy pinstripe my hood, it looks pretty sick! Ill get some pics up of that soon. We're headed to Unite (a show in florida) in the middle of may. Im gonna try and get the rockers replaced on the cab, add the rocker to the front of the bed, and extend the back of the bed before then. I think now that im recovered from the last car show now (too much crown and too little sleep), i will probably start this weekend. Look for more updates soon!!!

great stuff. youre hitting up the shows like crazy. In my opinion thats the best part of a custom car is going to the shows afterwards and seeing the reactions and attractions to your build :cool:. nice, i'd like to see how you do your matched rockers on your bed. So far i dont like what other people have done, they all look too smooth and dont necicarely match that rocker well. That bronco is good work, i like it even though its a ford :rolleyes: .

I think its going to turn out pretty nice. Since i have to replace the rockers anyways, they will match prefectly. Im going to use a buddys sheetmetal break to make the new rockers. Hes got a big industrial sized 20ft break. I will more than likely have him make me one 20 piece. Cut off the old rocker, replace it with the new piece, and the use the identical piece on the bed. The back is not getting a rocker section though. Its getting extended quite a bit though. My truck laid out doesn't even look low from the back because is so high in the air. its getting between 3-4 inches added to it. Im also considering cutting the datsun out of the back (blashpemy!!!!) and having Infiniti samped into a piece of steel and grafting it in. No one knows what my truck is already, and this will really throw some people off!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for no updates for quite a while. Shortly after i got back from spring fling, i had an accident at work (drilled most of the way through my hand with a 1/4 drill bit). It didnt actually hurt any function of my hand, but hit directly in the nerves that goto my index finger. So after waiting about a month or so without regaining feeling and having quite a bit of pain in the palm of my hand while working, they decided to do sugery (which was about a week and a half ago). After taking a wrist joint nerve out of the back side of my hand and grafting it into the palm of my hand, i have been down for the count. It really sucks because my new garage is almost don now too!!!

Before i injured myself i was too busy with this:

foundation3182008004tk2.jpg

foundation3182008010lh5.jpg

002mp9.jpg

framing32608001zj9.jpg

framing32608003tt7.jpg

framing32608006on8.jpg

retainingwall041208cg3.jpg

retainingwall0412085aj9.jpg

drainageinstall001sw7.jpg

trenchdigging41908002bw3.jpg

retainingwall2001on3.jpg

I cant wait till we're done!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the hand! As an artist, I have nightmares about hand injuries, so I feel for you!

Bur wow that garage and landscaping are fantastic! Congrats on that front!

• 1 month later...

Some updates:

1. The shop is getting closer to being done. Its almost time to paint the inside, and bring the compressors down. The lift will more than likely come after a little while seeing as were already way overbudget, but you only live once right? (pics below)

2. The truck has been sitting for a little while because of all the work that we're doing to the new shop, and because of my hand injury. I have really had no space to work on it for a few months. Recently i had been contemplating bodydropping the truck, but my only hangup is that i dont really want to go and redo a whole bunch of work ive already done (wheel tubs, bed floor framing, clutch master cylinder mods). So as of right now, im pretty set on making the truck a crew cab. Ive got another truck, that really needs to get out of here when the shop gets done, so i have all the parts i need. Im going to have to re work the door frames, and shorten the doors by 4-6 inches, but i really think its going to set it off. Once i get started i will deff put up some pics.

3. My hand is almost 100% now, ive started working again at the body shop im working at. Its great to be back at work (i cant believe i said that)

Shop pics:

This is the paint booth side of the shop, all the holes in the walls are lights, the fan is explosion proof and will get a filter unit built around it. Also built a few cabinents for some extra storage

shelvingbenchesdrywall0om6.jpg

Heres some more cabinents (goot have storage)

shelvingbenchesdrywall0jr7.jpg

Cabinents and bench (also under cabinent lighting)

shelvingbenchesdrywall0el2.jpg

The beginings of the rest of the cabinents, along with my shadow box for my 1959 original GM dealership corvair sign. If you look closely you will notice the lights are on hinges to swing down to the paint booth side of the shop. They will swing just inside the curtain walls we will be putting up shortly.

shelvingbenchesdrywall0of3.jpg

Neons rock!! but classic neons are even better!!!

shelvingbenchesdrywall0km4.jpg

I cant wait, almost done!!!!!!