Bagged 521 on 18's

airedout

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, there hasnt been much progress recently. My projects always seem to get put off for other peoples. Ive been restoring a 60 VW bug for a local guy recently, and finishing up a 69 chevelle at work. I was planning on getting to work on it this weekend but a few things got in the way. Expect some updates next weekend, if not yall stay on my ass and get me motivated again!!!!

I got something for you at least:

6694_110248751323_726101323_2630209_526170_n.jpg

69 chevelle - I replaced both 1/4's, tail-light panel, floor pans, rust repair in doors and fenders, did all the bbody work, and paint. Now onto putting it all back together.

Well, since everyone i know had been bugging me to work on my truck recently. I finally found a little bit of time to get a little work done. Still working on the hardbody clip, and ive got one side pretty much buttoned up except for the bag mounts and shock mounts which will come later.

Trimmed the engine crossmember and reboxed it:

picture007v.jpg

picture006ca.jpg

What it used to look like:

picture009r.jpg

picture008yi.jpg

This gave me plenty of room for the lower control arm to come up on full drop:

picture002wh.jpg

picture003ta.jpg

picture001ed.jpg

Full Lift:

picture005r.jpg

picture004lu.jpg

Also i trimmed the old shock mount off and capped the upper control arm mount:

picture012q.jpg

picture010ye.jpg

Old mount:

picture011q.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to say I put an end to this project. Not enough time or motivation to keep it going. Been busy doing too much customer work, Ive burned myself out. I cut the truck into pieces and sent it to the scrap yard. I know you all will hate me but if i cant finish it, no one can. I would hate to see it done by someone else and see what i could have had. I have a bunch of parts left that id be looking to sell. Wheels, 520 dash, BRAND NEW windshield, and many misc parts. Ill get a list together and post it soon. One day ill get another one, its just not in the cards right now.

Dwight

AcrophobiA GA