Bagged 521 on 18's

airedout

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked yesterday for coverage on dropjaw or any of the other sites you mentioned and they don't have it up yet. Dwight, what's that square hole in the rocker on the driver's side? Did you use satin paint or is that epoxy primer? I'm gonna start shaving things on my truck and want to cover the work with something that will hold up for a while, let me know what you recommend.

I looked yesterday for coverage on dropjaw or any of the other sites you mentioned and they don't have it up yet. Dwight, what's that square hole in the rocker on the driver's side? Did you use satin paint or is that epoxy primer? I'm gonna start shaving things on my truck and want to cover the work with something that will hold up for a while, let me know what you recommend.

Theres actually 2 holes in the rocker. The forward hole is where i had to cut a window to fix the body mount rust (the rocker is getting replaced anyways). The rear hole I made because i dropped my piece of sheet metal for the body mount down into the rocker (I didnt feel like turning the cab again). :D :D

The paint is just spray bomb satin black. I just wanted it all one color for the show, and it was only about $15. When it goes to the blaster its all coming off anyways.

As far as having something to cover bodywork up for a while, there is not really a good option. You can epoxy prime or prime things but niether are supposed to be exposed to the elements for more than a short period ot time. (a month or less is better). Leaving primers exposed to the elements does not always have a bad effect, but sometimes it does. Ive had cars that come out awesome that have been in primer for well over a year, but some come out with wierd shrinkage problems. But as far as primers i use PPG DP90 epoxy, and K36 high build.

• 1 month later...

Well ive been slacking a bit on the truck for a while, been busy showing and being lazy. Ive got some progress pics that i still need to post up of fixing the cab mounts that ill get up soon. Right now the truck is apart again, and I should be fitting the bed and getting back to work on it real soon. The plans are to get it in paint in the next few months.

• 3 months later...

Really like how your truck sits . How was this aquired ? I heard talk of air bags in another forum . Is this what you have done ? How much changing to newer type suspension pieces up front to do it ? The 620 / Hard body conversion stuff ? Also like the rims , 18's ???? What make ?? Hopefully not too many questions .

Actually i havent been doing much work on it. Since we closed down our shop, and i was out of a job for a few months (somewhat by choice), i have had little money to put into it. I dont need much money from this point on, but i have nothing to spare at the moment. I did get a 350 and TH350 tranny that i will be mocking up soon. I decided to go V8 over others swaps id been contemplating, mainly because i hate electronics on motors. I just dont know enough about them, and dont care to jump on that steep learning curve on a project i want to have done by the end of the year. Im finally getting around to finishing the metal work on the cab, then onto the bed. Once thats done body and paint will take no time!!!

you closed down your shop? ... guess i shouldn't call to see if i can swing by then. i'm just south of atlanta and would love to see your bagged 521. and i noticed that you had two others in the parking lot in the background of some pictures, do you still have these two? are you going to the show in perry in a couple weeks?

haha that sounds good i seriously would love to check it out. to be perfectly honest the 521 that i have is the only one i've ever seen in person. if you gimmie your address i'll use mapquest and i'll see if i can not get lost on the way haha. and then maybe drop by ... i think next saturday i'll be up in atlanta anyway to help my cousin move. so maybe then?

• 3 weeks later...

yea texas is pretty southern... but not quite the same southern. haha

drastic520 - i grew up in stpete. i was just down there for a few months at the beginning of summer. you should get on tamparacing.com if you're interested in the local car scene, it's mostly hondas and shit... alot of street racing and big talk, but it's a fun scene.