Bagged 521 on 18's

airedout

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i got my donor hardbody for the front suspension clip and the motor and trans. I have a few questions regarding the motor:

1: What is involved in a 240 intake swap parts wise (ecu, harness)

2: I really am thinking about going with a dual sidedraft carb setup on the KA but have been un successful in finding sources for parts

3: does anyone have any of this stuff laying around (240 intake with all the trimings) or and ka sidedraft setup.

If anyone is interested in buying a bagged 521 datsun frame, make me an offer. If will come with complete susension front and rear, just no bags

Well, i got my donor hardbody for the front suspension clip and the motor and trans. I have a few questions regarding the motor:

1: What is involved in a 240 intake swap parts wise (ecu, harness)

2: I really am thinking about going with a dual sidedraft carb setup on the KA but have been un successful in finding sources for parts

3: does anyone have any of this stuff laying around (240 intake with all the trimings) or and ka sidedraft setup.

If anyone is interested in buying a bagged 521 datsun frame, make me an offer. If will come with complete susension front and rear, just no bags

you can do ITB's on the KA, nismo actually made a manifold and all that jazz. Good luck finding a new one, as my last searches resulted in NLA....nissianparts.cc or whatever the site had it listed, but i never double checked to see if it was actually available or in stock....

edit...i wanted to do and ITB, NA build with on a ka24e, however leaning towards a turbo setup as the parts are easier and cheaper to come by..

Edited by sanitys
you can do ITB's on the KA, nismo actually made a manifold and all that jazz. Good luck finding a new one, as my last searches resulted in NLA....nissianparts.cc or whatever the site had it listed, but i never double checked to see if it was actually available or in stock....

edit...i wanted to do and ITB, NA build with on a ka24e, however leaning towards a turbo setup as the parts are easier and cheaper to come by..

Im not really looking at doing itb's. It could be a possiblity. I am really looking for a manifold to bolt up some sidedrafts to. Im really trying to stay away from the electronic nightmares. Ive been doing a bit a research and found my best option may be motor cycle carbs, not throttle bodies. I would love to find something to just bolt on and be done with it, but i still havent been able to find anywhere to purchase anything of the sort.

• 1 month later...

Well now that the Camaro project it done and gone, Ive been working on the Datsun again. Over the weekend I shortened the rails under the cab and dropped the body mounts an inch and a half. I'm going to have to do a small traditional on the cab just over an inch too. Its going to be getting a hardbody suspension clip pretty soon here too, so i can get the proper amount of lift to drive the thing. Ill get this damn thing done one of these days.

Only a little over an inch to go to the rocker!!

sidef.jpg

floorc.jpg

All that work, i knew i should have put the tubs in higher

allthatwork.jpg

Part everywhere

partseverywhere.jpg

Drip rail Ive been working on, the windshield opening is going to get reshaped for a modern thin gasket

driprail1.jpg

driprailcorner.jpg

Old drip rail

olddriprail.jpg

My new toy, god i love it. Snap-on 250sl mig/tig

newbaby1u.jpg

newbaby2.jpg

I was just looking at the drip rail yesterday.....It would look really weird if you didn't reshape it...way more work than I'm willing to do!! :)

So, on the welder...do you just run argon on the mig too?

I don't have the tig torch setup yet, its another $500. I will be getting it as soon as i pay my truck account down some. It runs dual regulators and 2 bottles (you gotta buy the dual bottle rack too), one 25/75, and one straight argon for tig. This is only a steel tig though, which doesn't bother me, i don't do much with aluminum anyways. The welder is also 100% duty cycle at its max amperage, i could run it all day long continuous no problem. The company making these for snap-on make production assembly line welders.

I was just looking at the drip rail yesterday.....It would look really weird if you didn't reshape it...way more work than I'm willing to do!! :)

So, on the welder...do you just run argon on the mig too?

Glad to see ya back at it.

I've heard about using newer style gaskets on older windshields. What is involved in this? Your gonna take alot of pics right? :D

Drip rail Ive been working on, the windshield opening is going to get reshaped for a modern thin gasket

driprail1.jpg

Im going to have to make the actual steel opening smaller. Which will actually help the look of the pillars. They look kind thin now with no drip rail hanging off of them. Im also going to have to bring the flange out a little too. The new windshield i have will get a blackout treatment (around the oudside) like a newer car windshield, then glued in. The rear glass is going to get a new piece cut for the opening, i dont want to make the rear window any smaller. Plus with all the bodylines, it would be a pain in the ass.

2eDeYe;164895']Glad to see ya back at it.

I've heard about using newer style gaskets on older windshields. What is involved in this? Your gonna take alot of pics right? :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had some time today to start working on my hardbody clip. Worked for a few hours and heres what i have done so far. Working on getting rid or the strut rods by triangulating the lower control arms.

picture030ue.jpg

picture031xr.jpg

picture032n.jpg

picture034zh.jpg

picture033z.jpg

Ran outta time today, ill get some more done tomarrow!!

Edited by airedout
  • 2 weeks later...

Got some more work done on my hardbody clip for the datsun tonight. Just finishing up one of the lower arms. Ill let the pics speak for themselves:

picture035lo.jpg

picture036gl.jpg

picture037tz.jpg

picture038sg.jpg

picture039h.jpg

Flattened the arm to make for easy bag mounting:

picture040wz.jpg

picture041kg.jpg

picture042gw.jpg

What it used to look like:

picture043h.jpg

picture044yj.jpg

On to the next side, then narrowing the clip

i like what youre doing with this. its different from the normal just throw a set of bags on it and call it good, youre getting into reshaping the body lines and a lot of stuff most people wouldnt even think twice about. I like that you're putting this much time into a datsun none the less. i cant wait to see what else you do to this. the shaved drip rail nice, the triangulated a-arms awesome...but your welding machine just makes me jealous. haha